No announcement yet.

Donald Trump

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Donald Trump still thinks he is on Celebrity Apprentice, your FIRED.

At least that's how it appears as an international onlooker.

Sadly he tweets
    http://www.miniclip.com/user/5323529/en/

Check out my page linked above and challenge my scores.

Comment

Originally posted by m4rt1n View Post
      Donald Trump still thinks he is on Celebrity Apprentice, your FIRED.

At least that's how it appears as an international onlooker.

Sadly he tweets
      Did you watch coverage of all election campaigns AT ALL?

Comment

Originally posted by sizzzler View Post
        Race relations in America have been worsening for many years under the 'Democrats'.

Trump HAS said there is no room for hate and he HAS placed the blame for the violent clashes at Charlottesville where it belongs - on both sides.

Constitutional rights are for everyone, not just for those you agree with.

I don't deny that the Democrats have leaned very heavily - sometimes to their own detriment - on identity politics. As a liberal myself (let's put that identifier out there right now), I realize that sometimes approaching political issues that way can make others uncomfortable. I think conservatives do it too, appealing to racially resentful - I say "racially resentful" as a few steps below outright racist (a racially resentful person might think that a certain race is getting more than they deserve; a racist person would call for the separation and explicit subordination of another race) - whites. All American politicians do it to some extent. Having to say "I am not a racist," at the beginning of any sentence is going to lead into a sentence that, at minimum, will be racially resentful. From a personal standpoint, I think all of us - even those we consider most enlightened in this world - have those prejudices within us. It's a matter of learning from them, and minimizing those feelings.

To the bottom two points... yes, you don't believe in freedom of speech if you don't believe it should be protected for those you oppose. That's a slippery slope that I think both sides of the aisle are guilty of. Antifa's intentions (anti-fascism) are fine; its actions are inexcusable. Antifa is a blight on the left, and violence only serves as further confirmation of their opponents' political stances. I listen and look at Antifa members - self-described anarchists, communists, disenchanted with the democratic process - and I wonder how people like me have failed them. There is self-policing to be done, and I don't think liberals are doing a great job of that at all.

But I want to get back to the "both sides" thing. Antifa was almost a non-factor that day in Charlottesville. The counter-protesters that appeared were there to denounce ideologies inherently hateful - ideologies that advocate the separation of races, believe in the superiority of one race over the other, and glorify individuals who engaged in armed rebellion against the United States to preserve the institution of slavery under the veneer of "states' rights". The most heinous act of violence was by a 20-year-old neo-Nazi who rammed a car into a load of counter-protesters a killed one person. Everything else - even for what little Antifa did on the day - pales in comparison. Unlike what Trump says, white supremacists and white terrorists are not "very fine people". More people have died in the history of the US because of white terrorists rather than the radical Islamic terrorists that Mr. Trump is much more inclined to talk about. The violence on the left is deplorable, yes. But at the end of the day, there is no equivalency.

Because when you say "both sides" are equally at fault in this case, those Klansmen? Those neo-Nazis? Those white supremacists? They're gonna feel validated. The original site has been taken down, but in the aftermath of the "both sides" speech, the neo-Nazi publication The Daily Stormer posted the following:

Trump comments were good. He didn’t attack us. He just said the nation should come together. Nothing specific against us.
        He said that we need to study why people are so angry, and implied that there was hate… on both sides!
        So he implied the antifa are haters.
        There was virtually no counter-signaling of us at all.
        He said he loves us all.
        Also refused to answer a question about White Nationalists supporting him.
        No condemnation at all.
        When asked to condemn, he just walked out of the room.
        Really, really good.
        God bless him.

And David Duke tweeted his approval of Trump's comments too. It's a turd that can't be polished, and it's morally reprehensible.

Comment

Originally posted by dwee716 View Post

I don't deny that the Democrats have leaned very heavily - sometimes to their own detriment - on identity politics. As a liberal myself (let's put that identifier out there right now), I realize that sometimes approaching political issues that way can make others uncomfortable. I think conservatives do it too, appealing to racially resentful - I say "racially resentful" as a few steps below outright racist (a racially resentful person might think that a certain race is getting more than they deserve; a racist person would call for the separation and explicit subordination of another race) - whites. All American politicians do it to some extent. Having to say "I am not a racist," at the beginning of any sentence is going to lead into a sentence that, at minimum, will be racially resentful. From a personal standpoint, I think all of us - even those we consider most enlightened in this world - have those prejudices within us. It's a matter of learning from them, and minimizing those feelings.

To the bottom two points... yes, you don't believe in freedom of speech if you don't believe it should be protected for those you oppose. That's a slippery slope that I think both sides of the aisle are guilty of. Antifa's intentions (anti-fascism) are fine; its actions are inexcusable. Antifa is a blight on the left, and violence only serves as further confirmation of their opponents' political stances. I listen and look at Antifa members - self-described anarchists, communists, disenchanted with the democratic process - and I wonder how people like me have failed them. There is self-policing to be done, and I don't think liberals are doing a great job of that at all.

But I want to get back to the "both sides" thing. Antifa was almost a non-factor that day in Charlottesville. The counter-protesters that appeared were there to denounce ideologies inherently hateful - ideologies that advocate the separation of races, believe in the superiority of one race over the other, and glorify individuals who engaged in armed rebellion against the United States to preserve the institution of slavery under the veneer of "states' rights". The most heinous act of violence was by a 20-year-old neo-Nazi who rammed a car into a load of counter-protesters a killed one person. Everything else - even for what little Antifa did on the day - pales in comparison. Unlike what Trump says, white supremacists and white terrorists are not "very fine people". More people have died in the history of the US because of white terrorists rather than the radical Islamic terrorists that Mr. Trump is much more inclined to talk about. The violence on the left is deplorable, yes. But at the end of the day, there is no equivalency.

Because when you say "both sides" are equally at fault in this case, those Klansmen? Those neo-Nazis? Those white supremacists? They're gonna feel validated. The original site has been taken down, but in the aftermath of the "both sides" speech, the neo-Nazi publication The Daily Stormer posted the following:

And David Duke tweeted his approval of Trump's comments too. It's a turd that can't be polished, and it's morally reprehensible.
          There's a lot in your post worth discussing, and more besides.

Trump made his comments about Charlottesville afterwards, not before. He can't be blamed for what happened and there has been no further 'white supremacist' activity by the 'emboldened'. Quite the opposite, in fact. We had instead the ridiculous scenes in Boston with thousands of lefties turning up to oppose free speech!

There is a big effort underway to paint trump voters as white supremacists in pretending that those at Charlottesville represent trumps core support. This is patent nonsense and shows the left up for what they really are - intolerant and unwilling to allow their fellow Americans free choice. Left have gotten very comfy in recent years, and it shows.

There were lots of people marching that day who are not white supremacists, decent people who don't want their history erased. Trump was right to say so.

Finally, you need to take the car incident out of the equation and look again. We don't know the facts around that incident and the fact that it was worse than other things that occurred that day doesn't excuse the other things. On both sides.

Happy birthday

Comment

Well... not much has changed.

Using social media... great idea until it becomes your political podium.

Do you expect people to stand up for a flag that is represented by someone who is racist, sexist and homophobic?
            You might say that it's wrong for people to kneel in front of the flag, but that's everyone's given choice.

To glorify athletics as gods is what's wrong with the whole thing.

But hey, when you choose representatives that are extreme rednecks, you end up with an electoral college that will swing Republican, especially when a black man is leaving office and god forbid a woman steps up to the plate.

I mean, I get why the country is racist and truth be told, it's a bit of everyone's fault...

There were lots of people marching that day who are not white supremacists, decent people who don't want their history erased. Trump was right to say so.
            The statues they wanted torn down were all resurrected during the Civil Rights movements as an "in your face we're still here" response.

My view is to let it be. History is history but suddenly everyone has become sensitive to every little thing.

That's not to say I support the meaning behind those statues, but if somebody else does then so be it. It isn't our duty to correct a point of view, so we must accept the facts as they played out and move on from those events.

Comment

I have to admit, I read your post several times and I’m still like *** is he on about?

Everyone is racist, sexist and homophobic, especially you.

I vote on basis of policy, nothing else.

Trump has made your type look like fools. Not before time.

But it’s high time you realized the error of your ways.

Comment

Me racist, how so?

What I stated is the exact mindset of the U.S. South and nothing less... I would have rather have had Hillary instead.

Comment

Only one racist homophobic in this discussion and also I want to add to that, ignorant and "male chauvinist pig" .

History will show about this womanizer, who hides behind twitter, that he is as guilty as the likes of Jimmy Saville and Harvey Weinstein, and the American people will ask one day, How the hell did we let him become president?

Comment

I vote on basis of policy, nothing else.
                    You old enough to vote fam?

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Torpedo View Post
                      Me racist, how so?

What I stated is the exact mindset of the U.S. South and nothing less... I would have rather have had Hillary instead.
                      South Americans. I see.

Comment

Originally posted by Rigs View Post
                        You old enough to vote fam?
                        In America?

Oh yes, I definitely am - isn’t everyone?

Comment

In America?

Oh yes, I definitely am - isn’t everyone?
                          Old enough to get married apparently also in at least 25 states with parents permission. Some as young as 11 are forced by their parent to marry the racist abuser and have the children. America is so f**ked up.

Comment

Originally posted by m4rt1n View Post
                            Old enough to get married apparently also in at least 25 states with parents permission. Some as young as 11 are forced by their parent to marry the racist abuser and have the children. America is so f**ked up.
                            Um...are you ok....?

*backs away slowly, unleashes drone*

Comment

An airplane was about to crash. There were 4 passengers on board, but only 3 parachutes.

The 1st passenger said, 'I am Steph Curry, the best NBA basketball player.
                              The Warriors and my millions of fans need me, and I can't afford to die.'
                              So he took the 1st pack and left the plane.

The 2nd passenger, Donald Trump, said, 'I am the newly-elected US President.
                              I am the smartest President in American history, so my people don't want me to die.'
                              He took the 2nd pack and jumped out of the plane.

The 3rd passenger, the Pope, said to the 4th passenger, a 10-year-old schoolboy,
                              "My son, I am old and don't have many years left, you have more years ahead
                              so I will sacrifice my life and let you have the last parachute."

The little boy said, 'That's okay, Your Holiness, there's a parachute left for you.
                              America 's smartest President just took my school backpack...'

sigpic

Comment

Best thing I've seen all year LOL

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Nanny Ogg View Post
                                  Best thing I've seen all year LOL

Its already beginning be the sounds of things.

Also, being a bit of a nerd, I also enjoyed this:

For forum support, please contact
                                  tetsumonchi@gmail.com
                                  You can add me on Facebook as well
                                  http://www.facebook.com/Tetsumonchi

Comment

I don’t care what you say, I still think he’s awesome.

He now has Russia and China on side, and Hollywood can’t stand their own pace.

Ah, poetry in motion.

Sigh...

Comment

Originally posted by Nanny Ogg View Post
                                      An airplane was about to crash. There were 4 passengers on board, but only 3 parachutes.

The 1st passenger said, 'I am Steph Curry, the best NBA basketball player.
                                      The Warriors and my millions of fans need me, and I can't afford to die.'
                                      So he took the 1st pack and left the plane.

The 2nd passenger, Donald Trump, said, 'I am the newly-elected US President.
                                      I am the smartest President in American history, so my people don't want me to die.'
                                      He took the 2nd pack and jumped out of the plane.

The 3rd passenger, the Pope, said to the 4th passenger, a 10-year-old schoolboy,
                                      "My son, I am old and don't have many years left, you have more years ahead
                                      so I will sacrifice my life and let you have the last parachute."

The little boy said, 'That's okay, Your Holiness, there's a parachute left for you.
                                      America 's smartest President just took my school backpack...'

OMG Nanny......this was so funny.

As for our resident flake Sizzler.....you need to get your head out from up your butt or just stop trying to make that moron

look even a little intelligent or fit to run a country.

He can't follow directions or take advice and wants everything his way like a spoiled child.

He needs his phone taken away and he needs to be removed from office before he does more damage.

Comment

I don’t care what you say, I still think he’s awesome.

He now has Russia and China on side, and Hollywood can’t stand their own pace.

Ah, poetry in motion.

Sigh...
                                        EDIT: I was angry when I wrote this post. I'm removing it, especially since I just saw John Oliver say basically the same thing better than I could: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ZAPwfrtAFY
                                        Last edited by Rigs; 15-11-17, 02:15 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rigs View Post
                                          EDIT: I was angry when I wrote this post. I'm removing it, especially since I just saw John Oliver say basically the same thing better than I could: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ZAPwfrtAFY
                                          Just as well, because you totally don’t ‘got it’.

Trump is your democratically-elected president. Get with the program.

Comment

Working...
                                          X