Announcement

Collapse

How do you browse the forum?

Help us improve your experience by taking a short one-question survey. Click here to begin.
See more
See less

File Size Suggetion

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• File Size Suggetion

Hi Guys,

I need to upload a file on a portal for some registration. This is a pdf file made from a scanned document using HP2135 inkjet (I still have the paper copy with me).

The issue is upload limit on the portal is 200kb. Original scanned file is around 5mb. I used some sites like smallpdf, ilovepdf or sejda to reduce file size, but it is not helping. Also tried different methods like taking screenshots of 1 page or 2 page simultaneously.

Can someone suggest the way to reduce pdf size?
    sigpic

Not sure, but did you try this?

http://letmegooglethat.com/?q=how+to...+pdf+file+size
    sigpic

Comment

If you have access to online cloud, then try upload it to that, and send the link to whoever you want to send it to. Not sure if it will work, but i had to do some stuff on some courses that i did this way.
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by COOLOCKER View Post
        Yes, almost all of these.
        sigpic

Comment

Not sure if you saw my suggestion about online cloud, as we posted at the same time.
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by COOLOCKER View Post
            If you have access to online cloud, then try upload it to that, and send the link to whoever you want to send it to. Not sure if it will work, but i had to do some stuff on some courses that i did this way.
            No, this won't work either. It is an online form with document upload option.
            sigpic

Comment

I can only suggest some things until somebody comes along with an answer for you. If you have images attached to the pdf, then try reduce the size of them before attaching to the pdf. Just had a quick look at smallpdf.com, and that will only reduce a pdf from 500kb to 368kb, which is really not good when your pdf is 5mb.
              sigpic

Comment

Update: I used a software called JPEGmini to reduce the image size of all the pages. Copied all these images to a word document and further compressed the pic size to 96ppi using the image compressor in MS Word. Then, exported this document to pdf. Now the file size is 950kb. Used it using Mac & Windows both, almost same result.
                sigpic

Comment

Huge reduction in size there Im-g. Just as a matter of interest. Are there any folks on the site you are trying to upload to that you can talk to?
                  sigpic

Comment

This is resolved now. I somehow managed to get the important stuff fit in one page and reduced the size to around 180kb.
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by im_gs View Post
                      This is resolved now. I somehow managed to get the important stuff fit in one page and reduced the size to around 180kb.
                      thumbs-up-testimonial-separator-TRANS.jpg
                      sigpic

Comment

Working...
                      X