• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This can go two ways.

Paul McCartney or Ramones?

Comment

• Originally posted by me da queen View Post
      Hey

Hello there. Are you on Winter Break yet and have finals passed? We gotta get some activity in here too... My feeble mind is running out of thread ideas!

And McCartney. I listened to too much 50s-70s rock, R&B, and soul. I appreciate punk rock, but I'm not a fan.

Comment

• Originally posted by dwee716 View Post

Hello there. Are you on Winter Break yet and have finals passed? We gotta get some activity in here too... My feeble mind is running out of thread ideas!

And McCartney. I listened to too much 50s-70s rock, R&B, and soul. I appreciate punk rock, but I'm not a fan.
        Sort of. I have some experimental work left, trying to finish it all up this week so I can relax. How's job hunting going?
        sigpic
        GT: KSI iMeShell
        instagram: imeshell

Comment

• Originally posted by me da queen View Post
          Sort of. I have some experimental work left, trying to finish it all up this week so I can relax. How's job hunting going?

Been too busy with work and dealing with the radical changes in weather (first the drop in temperature, then that windy week that caused all those wildfires in SoCal) to deal. So maybe when work takes the winter break off. I barely know there's a holiday season going on.

Good luck with all else you need to complete.

Comment

• Originally posted by dwee716 View Post

Been too busy with work and dealing with the radical changes in weather (first the drop in temperature, then that windy week that caused all those wildfires in SoCal) to deal. So maybe when work takes the winter break off. I barely know there's a holiday season going on.

Good luck with all else you need to complete.
            Take some time to relax. You always seem to be busy with something.

And thank you! I'm done with classes, time to get writing. I'm hoping to schedule my defense for early summer.
            sigpic
            GT: KSI iMeShell
            instagram: imeshell

Comment

• Oh please let 2017 be over. It's not that 2017 was worse for me personally (it was much better than 2016, a low bar) or that American politics slid backward (which it did, but not irredeemably so)... I can't stand this time of year sometimes. Hope whoever's reading this is doing well out there, though.

Some music for you. It's opera, so I apologize in advance. It's the "Chorus of the Hebrew Slaves" from Verdi's Nabucco (haven't listened/seen it all the way, so don't ask me about the plot... the chorus is pretty though).

Comment

• 2017 looks set to go down as a good year...

Can Oprah turn this century around?

Comment

• Tyin' the last two posts together, the Hebrew name Oprah means Fawn. And Winfrey is either Battle-joy or friend of peace (or both).

g

Comment

• I think her media co is called harpo which is ethnic for harpy, or else short for harpoon, which is no oprah in reverse.

Perhaps she can capture the confused vote, currently win free.

Comment

• Harpo Marx...Harpo played his Harp is a song by Jonathan Richman, If I were a Richman was a song sang by Topol in Fiddler of the roof, something something....

Kevin Bacon, next President of America.

Comment

• Song sun (blue), surely?

Nce to stll have s, fnd.

A mncn presdent would be good crack, pty she’s not black, s transtinn an opton?

(N needs to o too)

Comment

• A mincing president for sure. Especially after gender reassignment.

Comment

• Unable to sleep in this corner of the Earth. And I certainly hope everybody has been doing well. Sorry I haven't been on lately... work has picked up again and some anxiety here and there, too.

Comment

• Well, I guess this Freestyle Thread is me posting inspiring stuff and not maintaining an extended convo with someone, but that's okay. From this last Sunday's CBS Sunday Morning, a piece on autistic workers (this story is worth it folks, and I hope it's not region-blocked):

Comment

• Spectrum disorders are really going to muck up the gender balance goals in the workforce.

Comment

Working...
                                X