No announcement yet.

Say something ( I'm giving up on you )

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Say something ( I'm giving up on you )

pic host

Comment

satire
      /ˈsatʌɪə/

noun
      noun: satire
      1. the use of humour, irony, exaggeration, or ridicule to expose and criticize people's stupidity or vices, particularly in the context of contemporary politics and other topical issues.

Big thanks to a very good friend for finding this delicious piece of journalistic satire LOL

COPENHAGEN (The Borowitz Report)—After rebuffing Donald J. Trump’s hypothetical proposal to purchase Greenland, the government of Denmark has announced that it would be interested in buying the United States instead.

“As we have stated, Greenland is not for sale,” a spokesperson for the Danish government said on Friday. “We have noted, however, that during the Trump regime pretty much everything in the United States, including its government, has most definitely been for sale.”

“Denmark would be interested in purchasing the United States in its entirety, with the exception of its government,” the spokesperson added.

A key provision of the purchase offer, the spokesperson said, would be the relocation of Donald Trump to another country “to be determined,” with Russia and North Korea cited as possible destinations.

If Denmark’s bid for the United States is accepted, the Scandinavian nation has ambitious plans for its new acquisition. “We believe that, by giving the U.S. an educational system and national health care, it could be transformed from a vast land mass into a great nation,” the spokesperson said.

Comment

You drink a lot of coffee?

Comment

Originally posted by MaDsEaSoN View Post
          You drink a lot of coffee?
          I don't need coffee, just worrying about the direction the world is headed in ( again ) is more than enough to keep me up at night LOL

Comment

Originally posted by Nanny Ogg View Post

I don't need coffee, just worrying about the direction the world is headed in ( again ) is more than enough to keep me up at night LOL
            Drink more coffee.

Comment

I don't think we are going to have much coffee, let alone be able to afford it, after 31st October thanks to the UK having more or less the same proportion of self destructive idiots in our population as the US does.

At least the US has a chance to reverse their drift backwards to the 1930's next year, whereas we have less than 2 months left to stop ourselves behaving like lemmings who, when feeling threatened, jump off a cliff while saying "that'll learn ya !".

Comment

To be honest, I don't drink coffee.

Comment

Neither do I but I think the world has had just about all the covfefe it can take by now, time to hit the brakes and turn around.

Comment

Mind you, I am partial to a Nescafe Decaf if that counts.

Comment

Yeah decaf might be better for you, could you put your carer on please ?
                      I think we might have to take your coffee away, you appear to have had more than enough for one day already and I dread to think what you would be like with a sugar rush on top of all that caffeine LOL

Comment

Tea is also good, but I drink it even less than I drink coffee. But I drink coffee even less than I complain on gaming websites about the state of UK politics. Perhaps do something about it?
                        Now, lemonade. That's a drink I can really get behind.

Comment

I would much rather be someone who complains about things that I consider to be wrong than someone who sits back sipping <insert beverage of choice here> while smugly thinking that posting obscure comments is the same as posting clever comments.

It's not.

If all you can do is go around telling people to shut up in the mistaken belief that you are being humorous then may I suggest you go back to those threads whilst inserting your <insert appropriate appendage here> right up your <insert appropriate orifice here>.

Comment

That makes no sense. You can insert whatever you want to insert if you think that makes you clever. But I'd rather be someone sipping tea and doing what I need to do about the things that are important to me than not sipping tea and doing nothing about the things that are important to me.

You should thank me, I've blown some much needed life into your still born thread.

And you are wrong. I think posting obscure comments is the same as posting obscure comments because they are obscure comments.

I'll save the forced intelligent stupidity to you.

Oh and

Shut up Nanny Ogg.

Comment

I'll shut up and let you get back to shooting up then, I'm considerate that way.

Comment

Beep beep sucker
                                Last edited by MaDsEaSoN; 22-08-19, 07:18 PM.

Comment

Nanny Ogg, I am honestly just playing with you and I'm genuinely sorry if I upset you

You deserve a heads up as you don't know me. It's just cheek to colour the forums a little, nothing malicious.

You seem lovely and I'm sure you are. I don't normally drop the Mads mask but just wanted you to know.

What makes the shut ups enjoyable for me are that for the most part I've known those people for 12 plus years, they know the drill.

I enjoy a little banter as much as anyone, but in the way that I don't know you, you don't know me either and I tend to keep banter between myself and those people I have gotten to know, and therefore know that we can both give it and take it.

You seem to like to play rough, and I do too, ask anyone I've had run ins with before and they will confirm that I am really, really not "lovely"... in fact far from it when my back is up, so no apologies are necessary as I always find a good fight highly entertaining.

Please, feel free to engage me in a little roughhousing any time you are that way inclined, I have always enjoyed the chaos and divers alarums of a lively forum.

Comment

Originally posted by Nanny Ogg View Post

I enjoy a little banter as much as anyone, but in the way that I don't know you, you don't know me either and I tend to keep banter between myself and those people I have gotten to know, and therefore know that we can both give it and take it.

You seem to like to play rough, and I do too, ask anyone I've had run ins with before and they will confirm that I am really, really not "lovely"... in fact far from it when my back is up, so no apologies are necessary as I always find a good fight highly entertaining.

Please, feel free to engage me in a little roughhousing any time you are that way inclined, I have always enjoyed the chaos and divers alarums of a lively forum.

You're a granny. This was the online version of patting you on the head and giving you a biscuit.

Comment

You're a granny. This was the online version of patting you on the head and giving you a biscuit.
                                      LOL this granny is more like Catherine Tates' Nan character than some dotty old lady that will sit back and be patronised, and that's the online equivalent of a clip across the ear for a cheeky boy LOL

Comment

While you were having a dull and useless argument bent over your fancy floral Victorian porcelain mugs, I bought Greenland and had Putin personally visit me about recruiting Trump into Siberian Circus.
                                        Last edited by Aurora; 23-08-19, 04:03 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                        X