Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who is still here from the "Old Days" ?

Hey guys, wondering who is new to this forum or who was around the old Miniclip forum that still is here today??

If you've changed your name tell me what your old one was

So, it's nice to be back, but I do really miss the Old forums. Is this now the permanent miniclip forum?

Well... there's me.

Unfortunately, this is the new permanent forum. All the spam from the old one is gone I kinda miss the old place...

The controversies, the n00bs, the penguins, the old rep system, RFS...

Comment

The only regular from the pre-2007 days is Tetsu.

To be honest, most of the old folks from our days ended up leaving before the old place closed... It's hard to believe that I was 14 when I joined and I'm 23 now. Was a lot of fun coming on when thecheat, gimilie, alwaysaloser etc were posting, but it's just flat out different these days. Maybe I'm just getting old, but I found that a lot of those guys had sharp personalities and I admired that a lot.

We need more people like retrodude and buddythedog

Comment

What's up Torpy? Long time no talk. Got Skype?

I saw Tetsu made a Wikipedia page about himself lawllllll. Tetsugate. That's why I came back.

Boy was that a mess, not proud of what I did either...but yeah..that was a mess.

Comment

Hey there SNR.

Hmmm.... Well, I'm a 2006'er (did not post so much in those early years, though) and I lurk nowadays and barely log in anymore. I might see if anybody's posted a photo, a notice on the arrivals and departures lounge, or if any weird thing is going on. I'm definitely not a regular anymore. If Miniclip got its awful act together and got a new Forum, though... I've got a feeling that's not happening anytime soon.

School and work and busing my sister to and from music lessons on weekends takes up a lot of my time now as well as my presence on another social media site (of which I will not talk about because I don't know what the rules about other websites are anymore... and plus, it feeds into my classic film geekery). And oh man... penguins? Rep? Ziggy? Mastership controversies? Though I was almost never directly involved in any of that stuff... I can look back and laugh now. The old Forums might have been an absolute loony bin at times, but what a vibrant place it was.

Maybe I should head back here in June to open up that World Cup thread I always wanted to start...

Comment

Hi dwee, I definitely recognize + remember you. Hope you're doing well ! And yeah I miss the crap out of the old forums.

Comment

The one thing that I reallllly miss is RFS.

I probably wouldn't have been able to come back from my first permaban without him. I still remember trying to hack Guitarist's account all because this one guy was spamming the whole place and I wanted to be supermod for a minute. Of course, back then you could go days without anybody noticing anything. And the 'report this post' button wasn't enabled yet so we had to go a "Forum Emergencies" thread to tell Amber about all the crap that was going down.

Comment

I joined in early '09 as Kyoto343 then dropped the 343 some months later. I don't consider myself part of the old days but I've been around these forums a little while. Some of you may remember me for getting busted the day I turned 13 for being an underage member, haha seems like a lifetime ago.
                Formerly Kyoto

Comment

Not quite the "good old days" but I've been around almost 5 and a half years now.
                  http://www.miniclip.com/user/5323529/en/

Check out my page linked above and challenge my scores.

Comment

Originally posted by Ian:80463
                    I joined in early '09
                    Originally posted by m4rt1n:80465
                    I've been around almost 5 and a half years now.
                    Mere children.

Also, many users from the old forum, including Always and Gimilie, have accounts here. They just aren't active anymore.

To get in touch, drop me a Private Message or Visitor Message.
                    You can add me on Facebook as well
                    http://www.facebook.com/Tetsumonchi

Comment

I'm also a 2006'er.

I don't post much now these days as I have been busy with school and being involved in organizations.
                      sigpic
                      GT: KSI iMeShell
                      instagram: imeshell

Comment

<center>I still remember the old forum.
                        I had some of my best days in there.
                        I joined the old one, on June 2012.
                        It was so fun trying to be the poster of the week!
                        There were 20-25 posting games!
                        But i like this new forum, as well.
                        I miss the friends i had there,
                        but not the forum, not really...

Comment

I am still around, I just tend to be lurking in the background. Mainly as real life has gotten in the way over the past few months.
                          http://mypsn.eu.playstation.com/psn/.../jimbhello.png

Comment

By the time I joined the old forum,a couple of years ago, most of the regulars were long gone.I have heard stories of "the good old days" from many of the members that remembered the old days and missed them very much.I think this forum is great and I know it can be so much better.I know for sure it is better than no forum at all.

Comment

By the time I joined the old forum,a couple of years ago, most of the regulars were long gone.I have heard stories of "the good old days" from many of the members that remembered the old days and missed them very much.I think this forum is great and I know it can be so much better.I know for sure it is better than no forum at all.

Comment

It's crazy to imagine that most people where in the old forums and here for nearly a decade. I wasn't from the old days though since I joined in 2008.
                                http://www.prizerebel.com/images/banner51.gif

Comment

Originally posted by Da King:80671
                                  It's crazy to imagine that most people where in the old forums and here for nearly a decade. I wasn't from the old days though since I joined in 2008.
                                  Hi Joe, great to see you again, I know a little off topic but how are things going.

BTW you were on the old forum about 6 - 9 months before I joined.
                                  http://www.miniclip.com/user/5323529/en/

Check out my page linked above and challenge my scores.

Comment

Originally posted by m4rt1n:80672
                                    Originally posted by Da King:80671
                                    Hi Joe, great to see you again, I know a little off topic but how are things going.

BTW you were on the old forum about 6 - 9 months before I joined.
                                    Yeah but compared to guys like Tetsu or Mr. Torpedo, kinda short lol

Things been good. I'm finishing up my second year of college studying to work in IT and that's basically the main thing in my life. I know I'm not as active but once and while I like to pop up just to see how things are going here.  
                                    http://www.prizerebel.com/images/banner51.gif

Comment

Oh no, I'm old now

Back in 2005, the perception of what was old was literally everyone from 2003. By the time that I joined the forum, people like Cindy, Patrick_Davey, Pink Elephant, blacktrident (Ziggy) etc etc had all been either permabanned or vanished from the face of the earth. The minute you saw one of them posting it was like God dropped from the sky.

They were all pretty much in the same clan as Ziggy... In fact, I'm pretty sure a couple of them aided in the whole Tetsugate thing under aliases.

Comment

Hanging by a thread. GC is the only forum I tend to check.

Will hit the 10 year mark this November. Played Robot Rage relatively intensively from 2004-2008, give or take, until it was slowly picked apart by both the devs and the hackers. Stayed longer for the banter of old RR buddies and fun on the former GC.

While I do miss rep and the drama, I certainly don't share any sentiments with the Penguins. The day they came to MC was an unfortunate day for the rest of us. And I'll include RFS with that.

Was very glad when Tetsu took over and installed his own popular team, Felicia, The Doc et al. To me that was the second 'Golden Age' - the first being when RR was first released, with Runescape being heavily populated at that time too, as shown by the large 'peak' in MC forum traffic according to past forum statistics during those periods.

Really enjoyed it when the various chat rooms were also heavily populated, such as Hip2B chat amongst others, and many of the roboteers joined there to organise fights, tournaments and social competitions, or basically have a good chin-wag and gossip. RR was particularly creative at that time. Every aspect was being explored and pushed, and the community was busy on the game, forums and chat.

It doesn't appear there'll ever be another MC game that would naturally lend itself to challenge the hive of activity that the game created. I thought the RR remake was potentially going to hold promise, and while it appeared to burn bright, albeit for a very short time, the new imposed strait-jacket of 'post-2010 corporate MC' practices nerfed most aspects, and features that made the original RR great weren't used, and sadly there was nothing in the execution of the game that would hold the imagination and naturally build a community.

Moreso, with the lack of a new official forum, I feel MC have completely disrespected their user-base and community. There are no excuses they can now give. They've messed up big time. The killing off their forum cannot be anything other than intentional, further proven by the laying off of the Estonia staff all that time ago. Nothing has since changed. Even the so-called Community Manager can't be arsed to communicate with the community.

Comment

Working...
                                        X