AND THE SOONER WE CAN GRASP

FACTS AND KNOW THAT WE ARE

ALL IN THIS TOGETHER, THE

BETTER WE WILL ALL BE ABLE TO

HANDLE THIS AND THE SOONER

WILL BE BEHIND US

!!!
    Do everything with so much love in your heart that you

would never want to do it any other way...

What I really want to know is why are there so many morons panic buying toilet rolls ?

I'm pretty sure that this virus affects your lungs not your arse LOL

Comment

M
      A
      K
      E
      S

NO

SENSE TO

ME EITHER, NANNY - HMMM:

Do everything with so much love in your heart that you

would never want to do it any other way...

Comment

Daily reminders, to avoid crowded places and gatherings, practice good public hygiene, wash hands frequently with soap or if unable, to use hand sanitisers which has alcohol .
        (Videos show exactly the procedure of how to wash hands and fingers correctly and thoroughly .) Avoid handshakes and touching of face . Use tissue when sneezing or coughing.
        Use masks to prevent the spread of the virus to others Take temperatures and see the doctor if unwell with symptoms of a cold,
        cough,sore throat, fever....
        Defer all non essential travel.

Quarantine....self quarantine ....

Take note of when, where you went to, or have met, for the purpose of contact tracing .

Activities, concerts,etc have been cancelled or postponed.Churches closed indefinitely , Mosques were closed for a few weeks and then...for a few more weeks on.. .
        People are now,working on shifts or advised to work from home and do video conferencing ...

Sit further away from others - a meter away ....

Clean,spray,wipe,clean, scrub... All premises hit by the virus were closed and disinfected thoroughly ...

Hospitals, banks and some malls , take temperatures of the customers before they enter .
        They are also required to fill in a questionnaire form .
        Some hospitals allow only one visitor in at a time .

!4 new cases here today, 9 of these are imported, bringing the total to 226.
        Basically the contact tracing shows the cases are cluster linked.
        Thankfully no deaths so far ...

Stay safe, keep well ....

Comment

Have a lockdown at work right now.. so sad families cant visit their loved ones .. half the 100 bed home we have residents with dementia.. so hearbreaking they cant understand why their families are not coming every day now.. seeing visitors handing flowers...clothes... etc through windows... so upsetting.... not knowing how long its going to last and hearing its probably going to get worse...will be fatal if got into the home.. stressful and upsetting time for all. Doing the best we can made countless video calls to families.. its mothering sunday nxt sunday the 22nd. Be heart breaking ...

Comment

There was definitely a lot less traffic than normal today.

Comment

Social distancing is in effect here in Ireland, but the country is not on lockdown yet. 2 deaths so far from it. Im afraid if it is as serious as they make out, then we could have a real problem here. The health service was a shambles before all this, and i cant see them coping with a huge outbreak.

Comment

No deaths yet in Finland. Now the schools will be closed starting from Wednesday, preferably on Tuesday already, if it can be arranged for families. Only pre-school education is maintained for those children, whose parents are needed at work. People over 70 have to avoid any contacts. It's forbidden to visit elderly people in nursing homes.

Comment

COVID-19 must be the greatest threat to Humanity in recent years.

I face challenges both professionally and personally,
                  as an NHS Nurse and also living with a family member with advanced cancer.

Everyone will have their own issues...
                  Elderly and sick relatives, loss of income from workplace closure and self-isolation,
                  difficulty in obtaining food and household requisites,
                  restrictions on social contact and travel.

The list is endless and I don't think the World will ever be quite the same again.

I wish everyone well and pray that the Spirit of Humanity will prevail
                  and with God's Grace we shall all come safely through
                  this time of fear and uncertainty.

Comment

THANX FOR CREATING THIS THREAD NELA !

WORLD MAP :

Comment

COVID-19 MORTALITY RATE :

COVID-19 MORTALITY RATE BT AGE IN CHINA :

COVID-19 DEATH RATE BY AGE ITALY :

Comment

First coronavirus death in Spain in football.

Francisco Garcia, 21, a coach of the Malaga-based Portada Alta club, died of coronavirus.

R.I.P

THE NUMBER OF CASUALTIES ROSE TO 342 IN SPAIN.

Comment

UNDOUBTEDLY, COUNTRIES WERE NOT ATTENTION ABOUT THIS VIRUS.
                          VERY LATE TO TAKE REQUIRED MEASURES.
                          IT WAS UNDERSTOOD THAT COUNTRIES HAVE NO EMERGENCY PLANS.
                          HOSPITALS ARE NOT ENOUGH IN MULTI COUNTRIES.
                          CLOSING MANY WORKPLACES WILL INCREASE UNEMPLOYMENT RATE AND CAUSE OTHER PROBLEMS.
                          Will I STILL BE WORKING TOMORROW ?I DON'T KNOW.
                          WORLD ECONOMY HAS ALREADY BAD, WHY UNCERTAINTY WILL CAUSE VERY BAD.
                          THERE IS NOT ENOUGH MATERIAL TO DETERMINE THE DISEASE.
                          HAS NEED AT LEAST 8 MONTHS FOR VACCINE.

WHAT HAPPENS IF CORONA-19 MAKES MUTATION IN THIS TIME?

Comment

Comment

In my state , they shut down everything here. When you go to grocery shopping . They store is almost completely empty. Is the world coming to end that I do not know about ? I am going crazy here. I am not going to wait in store line at 3 or 4 am in the morning.

Comment

Just read this and sigh............

like so many other things cancelled .......weddings... football...pubs closed...holidays cancelled.... im sure my operation will be delayed now too.. hearing so many other sad stories...........

Comment

Re: Journalist goes undercover at wet market - 60minutes Australia

I really do hope this will put an end to the illegal trade of wild animal wet markets.
                                  It's terrible, cruel and unimaginable .

Comment

Originally posted by Kimi View Post

I really do hope this will put an end to the illegal trade of wild animal wet markets.
                                    It's terrible, cruel and unimaginable .
                                    Yes, it would be good to see animal rights respected more after this.

Comment

Originally posted by Sapphire11759 View Post
                                      . im sure my operation will be delayed now too.. hearing so many other sad stories...........

Sapphire11759

News just in from the BBC....

All non-urgent operations in England will be postponed from 15 April to free up 30,000 beds to help tackle coronavirus, NHS England has said.

The emergency policy will be in place for at least three months.

Meanwhile, the government's chief scientific adviser said it would be a "good outcome" if 20,000 or fewer people died of the virus in the UK.

Also, 20,000 deaths is a "good outcome" ???

That really does bring home the absolute seriousness of this situation doesn't it.

Comment

Originally posted by Nanny Ogg View Post

Sapphire11759

News just in from the BBC....

All non-urgent operations in England will be postponed from 15 April to free up 30,000 beds to help tackle coronavirus, NHS England has said.

The emergency policy will be in place for at least three months.

Meanwhile, the government's chief scientific adviser said it would be a "good outcome" if 20,000 or fewer people died of the virus in the UK.

Also, 20,000 deaths is a "good outcome" ???

That really does bring home the absolute seriousness of this situation doesn't it.
                                        Sure does Nan..

This virus has been around and known about... watching the vid i posted earlier made me understand about it a little more... Also heard 80% of THE UK could be effected if not took under strict control and keep to the vital health warnings . A year it could take.. i hear a vaccination is being made for this.

Comment

Working...
                                        X