International Chat Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• International Chat Thread

Do you speak another language other than English?

Are you learning another language and want to practice?

Use this thread to interact with users in your native tongue, or develop your skills further.

This doesn't include "Leet Speak" or "Computer Talk".

For forum support, drop me a PM, visitor message or post in my NSPM thread..
    You can add me on Facebook as well
    http://www.facebook.com/Tetsumonchi

My Native lang is Arabic , i speak english and a little french , i want to learn more about french or italian.

Let's GO TEAM!

Comment

Merhaba

native lang is Arabic, i want to learn Spanish

Comment

Native language is Bangla. Ik a little bout Arabic. Just can read it but can't speak with it.

I wanna learn Spanish, French, Italian, Deutsch, Portuguese... Just a dream...
        http://i.imgur.com/ubfdX8P.jpg

私は上司 と私はも

Comment

I used to be able to speak Icelandic to a varying degree (albeit the pronunciation was horrible). I can still use some of it but there's not a lot of resources to practice with.

Right now I'm currently learning Swedish and Esperanto (a constructed auxiliary language). Apparently Esperanto is meant to help you learn other languages so I thought that'd be a decent option to take.

I'd love to learn Finnish though. Tried it and the cases were a nightmare. I'll try again once I've got some languages under my belt beforehand though.
          Last.fm profile

Comment

Native Finnish speaker here, and quite proud of my skills in English. I'd wish I was better in Swedish & German, I understand great deal of both, but speaking/writing something myself seems to be too much...

Comment

Originally posted by Lewis:118484
              I used to be able to speak Icelandic to a varying degree (albeit the pronunciation was horrible). I can still use some of it but there's not a lot of resources to practice with.

Right now I'm currently learning Swedish and Esperanto (a constructed auxiliary language). Apparently Esperanto is meant to help you learn other languages so I thought that'd be a decent option to take.

I'd love to learn Finnish though. Tried it and the cases were a nightmare. I'll try again once I've got some languages under my belt beforehand though.
              Icelandic and esperanto...Not very common

In my case I speak spanish, not much english, and a little of french. Im mostly trying to  improve my english. In English, speaking is the hardest thing for me, talking and understanding english native speakers... Thats something that I really need to improve.
              My Miniclip channel http://www.youtube.com/user/roberto97spain

Comment

Learnt a bit of french in school... its one language i'd like to pursue one day when i get time
                zzz

Comment

I am learning Mandarin Chinese (JK)
                  I can only speak my National Language (Urdu) and English..
                  The common greetings in Urdu is "Assalam-U-Alaikum"
                  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zghqKhc2tJs
                  Tried learning Portuguese but gave up.

Innocence is over

Comment

I know Urdu as it is my native lang.. A bit of Spanish like greetings and stuffs.. (the things Dora taught me lol..)

Comment

Lol omg flashbacks of that Urdu thread in the forum that was super funny Zaeemy aha it's one them you just had to have been there..
                      ID: KatyKittyX alty d0tty98

Comment

Maybe I am the only one who cannot remember it.

Comment

One of my best friends has parents from Pakistan and they've tried in vain for ages to try to teach me some Urdu

Apart from that, I've been learning Portuguese for the last 6 months, but I'm still at the most basic stuff. Languages aren't really one of my natural skills.
                          Every day above ground is a good day.

Comment

I can speak Chinese (Cantonese) semi-fluently and write my name in Chinese. That's about it, unfortunately.

I'd like to learn Spanish. The only phrase I know is, "espero que te deslizó un precipicio" which I think means, "I hope you fall off a cliff."

Comment

I'm assuming no one speaks Gaelic?

Comment

Originally posted by Vandalpetal:123095
                                I'm assuming no one speaks Gaelic?
                                If I'd been born 20 minutes down the road I'd probably be speaking Gaelic.
                                Every day above ground is a good day.

Comment

I'm not fluent but I can pick up quite a lot. There's a few things I've been brought up to say in Gaelic but I couldn't tell you what the English for them is.

Comment

Originally posted by Lewis View Post

Did you get on with Finnish studies yet?

Comment

Originally posted by Aurora View Post

Did you get on with Finnish studies yet?
                                      Not yet. Just passed Swedish so I'm hoping to take Finnish up soon. They're offering it on courses at the city I just moved to so I'll probably take it up.
                                      Last.fm profile

Comment

Working...
                                      X