X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lewis
    replied
    Originally posted by Aurora View Post

Did you get on with Finnish studies yet?
    Not yet. Just passed Swedish so I'm hoping to take Finnish up soon. They're offering it on courses at the city I just moved to so I'll probably take it up.

Leave a comment:

• Aurora
    replied
    Originally posted by Lewis View Post
    I used to be able to speak Icelandic to a varying degree (albeit the pronunciation was horrible). I can still use some of it but there's not a lot of resources to practice with.

Right now I'm currently learning Swedish and Esperanto (a constructed auxiliary language). Apparently Esperanto is meant to help you learn other languages so I thought that'd be a decent option to take.

I'd love to learn Finnish though. Tried it and the cases were a nightmare. I'll try again once I've got some languages under my belt beforehand though.
    Did you get on with Finnish studies yet?

Leave a comment:

• Vandalpetal
    replied
    I'm not fluent but I can pick up quite a lot. There's a few things I've been brought up to say in Gaelic but I couldn't tell you what the English for them is.

Leave a comment:

• UltimateSolstice
    replied
    Originally posted by Vandalpetal:123095
    I'm assuming no one speaks Gaelic?
    If I'd been born 20 minutes down the road I'd probably be speaking Gaelic.

Leave a comment:

• Vandalpetal
    replied
    I'm assuming no one speaks Gaelic?

Leave a comment:

• porcupine_slayer
    replied
    I can speak Chinese (Cantonese) semi-fluently and write my name in Chinese. That's about it, unfortunately.

I'd like to learn Spanish. The only phrase I know is, "espero que te deslizó un precipicio" which I think means, "I hope you fall off a cliff."

Leave a comment:

• UltimateSolstice
    replied
    One of my best friends has parents from Pakistan and they've tried in vain for ages to try to teach me some Urdu

Apart from that, I've been learning Portuguese for the last 6 months, but I'm still at the most basic stuff. Languages aren't really one of my natural skills.

Leave a comment:

• Zaeem Aslam
    replied
    Maybe I am the only one who cannot remember it.

Leave a comment:

• kibblesUK
    replied
    Lol omg flashbacks of that Urdu thread in the forum that was super funny Zaeemy aha it's one them you just had to have been there..

Leave a comment:

• Zaeem Aslam
    replied
    I know Urdu as it is my native lang.. A bit of Spanish like greetings and stuffs.. (the things Dora taught me lol..)

Leave a comment:

• Titan
    replied
    I am learning Mandarin Chinese (JK)
    I can only speak my National Language (Urdu) and English..
    The common greetings in Urdu is "Assalam-U-Alaikum"
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zghqKhc2tJs
    Tried learning Portuguese but gave up.

Leave a comment:

• M4 IV
    replied
    Learnt a bit of french in school... its one language i'd like to pursue one day when i get time

Leave a comment:

• Rey
    replied
    Originally posted by Lewis:118484
    I used to be able to speak Icelandic to a varying degree (albeit the pronunciation was horrible). I can still use some of it but there's not a lot of resources to practice with.

Right now I'm currently learning Swedish and Esperanto (a constructed auxiliary language). Apparently Esperanto is meant to help you learn other languages so I thought that'd be a decent option to take.

I'd love to learn Finnish though. Tried it and the cases were a nightmare. I'll try again once I've got some languages under my belt beforehand though.
    Icelandic and esperanto...Not very common

In my case I speak spanish, not much english, and a little of french. Im mostly trying to  improve my english. In English, speaking is the hardest thing for me, talking and understanding english native speakers... Thats something that I really need to improve.

Leave a comment:

• Zanna136
    replied
    Native Finnish speaker here, and quite proud of my skills in English. I'd wish I was better in Swedish & German, I understand great deal of both, but speaking/writing something myself seems to be too much...

Leave a comment:

• Lewis
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Nornornor445
    replied
    Native language is Bangla. Ik a little bout Arabic. Just can read it but can't speak with it.

I wanna learn Spanish, French, Italian, Deutsch, Portuguese... Just a dream...

Leave a comment:

• Khaled
    replied
    Merhaba

native lang is Arabic, i want to learn Spanish

Leave a comment:

• thewizerd
    replied
    My Native lang is Arabic , i speak english and a little french , i want to learn more about french or italian.

Leave a comment:

• Tetsumonchi
    started a topic International Chat Thread

International Chat Thread

Do you speak another language other than English?

Are you learning another language and want to practice?

Use this thread to interact with users in your native tongue, or develop your skills further.

This doesn't include "Leet Speak" or "Computer Talk".
Working...
X