Announcement

Collapse

How do you browse the forum?

Help us improve your experience by taking a short one-question survey. Click here to begin.
See more
See less

WHAT DID YOU JUST DO?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Well I am here trying to figure out what to do on here now....I feel like an idiot.

I can't find the "colors" to change the text colors....I can't find the "center".....to post in the middle.

I come and then get frustrated and just leave again.

Everyone else seems to be catching on....oh well !

Comment

• Originally posted by flutterby52212 View Post
      Well I am here trying to figure out what to do on here now....I feel like an idiot.

I can't find the "colors" to change the text colors....I can't find the "center".....to post in the middle.

I come and then get frustrated and just leave again.

Everyone else seems to be catching on....oh well !
      Linda,

under the last post in the threads, (Not under all yet!),

there is a capital A. Click on it.

It will appear a panel with everything you need,

font, size, color, bold, italics, center.

Use them like in the previous forum.

Just the center does not work all the times.

Good luck!

I just tried the "Moto Winter"!

Very nice and funny game!!!

Not easy, but nothing like Shootermata!

Comment

• I was doing some reading up on "Insanity" .

Very interesting reading.

Did you know that one of the first and hardest things for doctors....

is to convince a mentally unstable person that they are indeed

mentally unstable?

Comment

• Just been looking at Summer holidays on-line....
          I can't wait for the warmer weather to come!

Comment

• I was just finishing some work for tomorrow's deadline.

Comment

• I just had a very late dinner and now i am having my night-time coffee .

Came here to see if anything has changed .... Not yet ....

Seems a very difficult task for our admins.

I wish them Good Luck!

Comment

• Originally posted by metalzord View Post

I just had a very late dinner and now i am having my night-time coffee .

Came here to see if anything has changed .... Not yet ....

Seems a very difficult task for our admins.

I wish them Good Luck!

[IMG2=JSON]{"data-align":"none","data-size":"full","src":"http/\/www.pic4ever.com\/images\/coffeebath.gif"}[/IMG2]

Yeah, its going to take time. They will have to get the correct piece of coding for whatever they want to change, then go into the settings and replace some the existing coding to the new coding they want to enter. Believe me, its not easy to find the piece of coding you want to change either. If the coding is placed in the wrong area, it can rightly screw up the site. But there is a fail safe in that you can undo your last change, just as long as you dont save it and then leave the page. The only way to fix that as far as i know is to copy and paste the whole block of coding you are working on into a document. And if something goes wrong, you still have that to fall back on. Well, it was that way when i was doing it myself.

Take into account that just for this little section here where i have wriiten my post, there will be a huge block of coding for that area alone. It can be so easy to make a mistake when all you are looking at all day is blocks of coding. Then when you look at the avatar section to the left of this message, where you see my avatar, there will be another section of coding for that as well. In fact, every section of the site has its own seperate coding. Changing the coding in one area can and does sometimes change the format in all areas of the site, meaning you only have to change something once for it to take effect on the whole site. But some areas need to be worked on individually. Sometimes its a case of trial and error to get what you need.
                sigpic

Comment

• Just cleaned up the dinner dishes.

Comment

• Originally posted by COOLOCKER View Post

Yeah, its going to take time. They will have to get the correct piece of coding for whatever they want to change, then go into the settings and replace some the existing coding to the new coding they want to enter. Believe me, its not easy to find the piece of coding you want to change either. If the coding is placed in the wrong area, it can rightly screw up the site. But there is a fail safe in that you can undo your last change, just as long as you dont save it and then leave the page. The only way to fix that as far as i know is to copy and paste the whole block of coding you are working on into a document. And if something goes wrong, you still have that to fall back on. Well, it was that way when i was doing it myself.

Take into account that just for this little section here where i have wriiten my post, there will be a huge block of coding for that area alone. It can be so easy to make a mistake when all you are looking at all day is blocks of coding. Then when you look at the avatar section to the left of this message, where you see my avatar, there will be another section of coding for that as well. In fact, every section of the site has its own seperate coding. Changing the coding in one area can and does sometimes change the format in all areas of the site, meaning you only have to change something once for it to take effect on the whole site. But some areas need to be worked on individually. Sometimes its a case of trial and error to get what you need.

Omg!!!

Sounds so extremely complicated!!!

I knew it would be something very difficult,

but, this seems to need weeks or more,

to put the right codes in every single part of the forum!

I wish i could help!

I can only wish a lot of patience to them!!!

Thanks for the detailed information.

Comment

• It all depends on how they want the site to look. I dont think its going to take weeks, but we have to remember the mods here have other things to do in life. It took me roughly 4 weeks to set it up to something that i was happy with (basic format), but i had no experience doing it at the time. And that was before i learnt that there where other options to improve things on the site, like a scrolling banner across the top of the site with the latest news and plugins for teamspeak etc.

But yeah, it could take a while depending on how all the above are taken into account. And remember, this is coming out of somebodys pocket, and aint cheap to do. Mega Kudos to the folks here for doing this.
                      sigpic

Comment

• Just posted in posting games

Comment

• Originally posted by COOLOCKER View Post
                          It all depends on how they want the site to look. I dont think its going to take weeks, but we have to remember the mods here have other things to do in life. It took me roughly 4 weeks to set it up to something that i was happy with (basic format), but i had no experience doing it at the time. And that was before i learnt that there where other options to improve things on the site, like a scrolling banner across the top of the site with the latest news and plugins for teamspeak etc.

But yeah, it could take a while depending on how all the above are taken into account. And remember, this is coming out of somebodys pocket, and aint cheap to do. Mega Kudos to the folks here for doing this.

Thank you very much for the additional information!

I just went out, on the balcony,

to enjoy for a while the falling rain ...

It looks so beautiful under the street's lights!

Comment

• Just been paying some bills on-line...

Comment

• My ceiling fan in the living room stopped working and I was looking online for a new one.

Comment

• Just been watching some coverage of
                                the Winter Olympics on TV

Comment

• Just played pool with my dearest Jenny.

Comment

• I just had a cup of tea, instead of my usual cup of coffee ...

I don't feel so well, i think i caught a cold.

I better go to sleep ...

Comment

• Sorry you are not well dear Kostas
                                      Hope you're feeling better
                                      very soon!

Just remembered it's Shrove Tuesday!
                                      The day before Lent commences,
                                      and at least for the people
                                      of the UK, it's....

Pancake Day!

Comment

• Thank you my dear Jenny ... i hope so ...

I just took a break from my work to come in here to wish to all my friends

Happy Valentine's Day!

Comment

• Just finished cleaning.

Comment

Working...
                                          X