Announcement

Collapse

How do you browse the forum?

Help us improve your experience by taking a short one-question survey. Click here to begin.
See more
See less

Song You Would Like Played at Your Funeral.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Song You Would Like Played at Your Funeral.

    Well the title pretty much says it all. What songs do you speak to you the most.


    There are a lot of songs that speak to me but one of them will absolutely be played at my funeral. Baby a few more but I haven't really decided. This is mine.


  • #2
    For me it would definitely only be Rotten Apple by Alice in Chains and/or Breath by Pearl Jam (from Singles soundtrack)
    sigpic
    'If the people suck, I can always wear headphones'
    -Jane

    Comment


    • #3



      In Greece it is considered disrespectful to play any music at a a funeral.







      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by metalzord View Post


        In Greece it is considered disrespectful to play any music at a a funeral.






        Wow I never knew that. Thats interesting. Do you know why its thought to be disrespectful. Also what happens if someone wants a song played. Is that still frowned upon?

        Comment


        • #5



          It is what our Orthodox religion says and none would ever request a song!

          There is also no music in the home of the dead person or

          from his neighbours for the next 40 days.






          Comment


          • #6
            California Stars by Wilco & Billy Bragg.
            Last.fm profile

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by metalzord View Post



              It is what our Orthodox religion says and none would ever request a song!

              There is also no music in the home of the dead person or

              from his neighbours for the next 40 days.





              Hmmmm. That is interesting. You know I respect everyone's opinion. No music just seems like it would suck for me but I guess I understand the greek mindset. Music is all that got me through the deaths in my life that I experienced.

              Comment


              • #8



                We find comfort in the words of the priest.

                I'm glad you had the music to help you.







                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by metalzord View Post



                  We find comfort in the words of the priest.

                  I'm glad you had the music to help you.






                  I learned something new today. Thank you. I'm glad you guys can find comfort in the words of the priest. Whatever helps you get through the hard time is all that matters.

                  Comment

                  Working...
                  X