Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The game is rigged

The clue is in the title of this topic

I agree the game doesnít always follow its normal path. If you pay attention to itís quirks you can avoid a lot of situations where things donít go your way.

From another thread, positioning yourself so that you arenít hitting the white with full power helps - it will go in a pocket off the black where it normally wouldnít.

There are many more examples. Best bet is to play lower levels until you have a lot more cash than is required to progress - you will have an easier run.

And keep in mind that there are many players who are capable of over 90% denials, some of them have pretty huge egos and like to have multiple accounts so they can enjoy beating beginners! If you have just enough coins to progress to the next teir guess who you will likely be matched with? The makers of the game (rightly so) try to maximise the chances of players spending real money out of frustration

Comment

Of course the game is rigged,for example Mosconi cup, one team breaks and next game opponent breaks,the same in snooker, this game you can go maybe 3, 5, 7, 9, games without a break, what chance does one have with my 21 accounts...LOL...

Comment

Originally posted by Tricky View Post
        I agree the game doesnít always follow its normal path. If you pay attention to itís quirks you can avoid a lot of situations where things donít go your way.

From another thread, positioning yourself so that you arenít hitting the white with full power helps - it will go in a pocket off the black where it normally wouldnít.

There are many more examples. Best bet is to play lower levels until you have a lot more cash than is required to progress - you will have an easier run.

And keep in mind that there are many players who are capable of over 90% denials, some of them have pretty huge egos and like to have multiple accounts so they can enjoy beating beginners! If you have just enough coins to progress to the next teir guess who you will likely be matched with? The makers of the game (rightly so) try to maximise the chances of players spending real money out of frustration
        Very nice! Someone creating a new account to play the low tiers is "EGOISTIC" but you guys sticking to the lower tiers without advancing to the higher ones is "STRATEGIC". What is good for the goose is good for the gander, eh?

Comment

Fair point, i was more suggesting having 4 or 5 times the required cash before moving up a tier, not staying there forever.

Sorry to strike a nerve!

I think itís important for people new to the game to recognise that there are many players who routinely denial opponents over 90% of the time. They may be playing from a low level. Once people accept this, they may feel less inclined to think other players are cheating.

It may be a long time since you started playing, but i can well remember the extremely high % of denials if i only just had enough cash to progress. When i had plenty, suddenly this didnít happen.

It is a common trend, and a good method to get frustrated players to spend real money

Comment

I was reading a book (Thinking Fast and Slow by Daniel Kahneman) and it mentions about inherent bias in our disposition towards certain events, especially those that call for statistical considerations. It talks about the ''ease with which people see patterns where none exists'' because we are always on lookout for causal explanations, which is a result of our evolutionary habit of using heuristics to associate new information with existing patterns.
            Going further it gives example of generally accepted theory of basketball players appearing to acquire a 'hothand' (those on streak with increased chance of scoring) as nothing but massive and widespread cognitive illusion. Of course, some players are more accurate than others but overall results just satisfy all tests of randomness.

It made me immediately think of parallels to our 8 ball pool game events, like getting an amazing win streak or back-to-back breaks,etc, and made me wonder how much of it was due to game being rigged, or just our habit of seeing patterns where none exists.

We all know for sure (few may disagree but that seems to be the general consensus at this point) that the infamous 'Spin and Win' is definitely rigged. How much is the actual gameplay?! Unless the developers make it as obvious as Spin and Win, we may never know for sure.

Comment

Originally posted by Tricky View Post
              Fair point, i was more suggesting having 4 or 5 times the required cash before moving up a tier, not staying there forever.

Sorry to strike a nerve!

I think itís important for people new to the game to recognise that there are many players who routinely denial opponents over 90% of the time. They may be playing from a low level. Once people accept this, they may feel less inclined to think other players are cheating.

It may be a long time since you started playing, but i can well remember the extremely high % of denials if i only just had enough cash to progress. When i had plenty, suddenly this didnít happen.

It is a common trend, and a good method to get frustrated players to spend real money
              Ah, my bad.

But the fact that this game is a business to them is crystal-clear. They attempt any possible thing to make the player spend real $. But that does not mean that the game is rigged or anything like that.
              Last edited by Talha_Sajjad; 02-06-19, 10:33 PM.

Comment

I donít know about that, some things are certainly wierd. The latest ďglitchĒ i have come across is when i play Monaco now i very rarely (maybe 10%) get a 40mill match up.

This only happened after i got to a billion in cash, before that nearly all games were for top dollar!

There are over 5000 players online, surely there is more suitable match ups?

Also for sure the higher your denial rate, the less you get the break - i have spoken to many other players that experience this.

It might be worth starting a thread for newer players with an outline of situations to look out for (like going up a tier with only enough cash)

Comment

This game is rigged? Shocking news. Also, other news that may shock and be new to you. The Titanic sank, there have been 2 World Wars and MC doesn't really care about the end user unless you are a former president in paper form.

Comment

Wow Dash, for a moment there i thought you were being sarcastic!

Itís good to share the quirks of the game, some situations are predictable, and can be avoided if required.

Comment

The game is not rigged ! You are all delusional ! I've played this game since day 1 and it's not rigged, it's your ability that's rigged
                      †Oh No, he's retired !

Comment

My ability?

So when playing a game and the guy just pots the black straight away, without following the rules of the table, it is not rigged? This game is rigged to allow cheaters to roam free.

Comment

No it's not
                          †Oh No, he's retired !

Comment

Oh Yes It Is, the break system is corrupt.

Comment

Originally posted by Seclusionist View Post
                              I was reading a book (Thinking Fast and Slow by Daniel Kahneman) and it mentions about inherent bias in our disposition towards certain events, especially those that call for statistical considerations. It talks about the ''ease with which people see patterns where none exists'' because we are always on lookout for causal explanations, which is a result of our evolutionary habit of using heuristics to associate new information with existing patterns.
                              Going further it gives example of generally accepted theory of basketball players appearing to acquire a 'hothand' (those on streak with increased chance of scoring) as nothing but massive and widespread cognitive illusion. Of course, some players are more accurate than others but overall results just satisfy all tests of randomness.

It made me immediately think of parallels to our 8 ball pool game events, like getting an amazing win streak or back-to-back breaks,etc, and made me wonder how much of it was due to game being rigged, or just our habit of seeing patterns where none exists.

We all know for sure (few may disagree but that seems to be the general consensus at this point) that the infamous 'Spin and Win' is definitely rigged. How much is the actual gameplay?! Unless the developers make it as obvious as Spin and Win, we may never know for sure.
                              Finally someone who had something useful to say! Thank you Seclusionist

Comment

Most definitely rigged. I can play several games in a row, win a few, lose a few, expected no problems. All it takes is to move up a tier, chance a few grand on a game, and then sure as rain the same shots you could just do in your sleep all bank wrong, even straight in shots will jump right back out. I make adjustments for different tables, played this for a few years; would never spend actual cash on this, it is just aggravating that the sleaze of miniclip is so obvious. Still love to play, damn them, just wish all was straight up.

Comment

We can agree to disagree, but I still love Seclusionist post and agree wholeheartedly with it. Aside from Spin and Win and scratch off, I don't believe the regular game play is rigged other than maybe the break. During regular game play, there are too many factors to consider such as cue you used, spin you used, force you used when stroking the cue... it would be too hard to "prove" that game play is rigged. In my opinion that is.

Comment

The strange thing that keeps happen often, is that when you pot your own ball in the hole it says you potted the wrong ball and it gives the next turn to the other player how come it happens you think?

Comment

Originally posted by Jonas View Post
                                      The strange thing that keeps happen often, is that when you pot your own ball in the hole it says you potted the wrong ball and it gives the next turn to the other player how come it happens you think?
                                      Hi Jonas. Are you saying after you have called your pocket and then pocketed your ball into that pocket, it says you potted the wrong ball? I've never had that happen before so I'm not sure how to respond to your question. Do you have a video showing this?

Comment

Originally posted by d4ve_tv View Post

Hi Jonas. Are you saying after you have called your pocket and then pocketed your ball into that pocket, it says you potted the wrong ball? I've never had that happen before so I'm not sure how to respond to your question. Do you have a video showing this?
                                        Yes 100% this happens , especially in high coin table, yet again to loos your coins

Comment

Working...
                                        X