inviting my fellow Calvinists to join the club i just created

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• inviting my fellow Calvinists to join the club i just created

hey, feel free to join the club if you are a calvinist :-D search for: Calvinists
    or feel free to advertise your own club :-)

Calvinism (also called the Reformed tradition, Reformed Christianity, Reformed Protestantism, or the Reformed faith) is a major branch of Protestantism that follows the theological tradition and forms of Christian practice set down by John Calvin and other Reformation-era theologians.

How about we give religion the day off. And leave religion out of 8 Ball? The only time I want religion involved is when I say things like, "For the love of God, how did that happen?" or "Holy sh*t!"

Comment

Originally posted by dash201 View Post
      Calvinism (also called the Reformed tradition, Reformed Christianity, Reformed Protestantism, or the Reformed faith) is a major branch of Protestantism that follows the theological tradition and forms of Christian practice set down by John Calvin and other Reformation-era theologians.

How about we give religion the day off. And leave religion out of 8 Ball? The only time I want religion involved is when I say things like, "For the love of God, how did that happen?" or "Holy sh*t!"
      Amen Brother!

Comment

I don't see any harm done if certain people want to stick in groups together. Would you mind if the blondes or Nazi supporters would advertise their own groups here?

Comment

Originally posted by Aurora View Post
          I don't see any harm done if certain people want to stick in groups together. Would you mind if the blondes or Nazi supporters would advertise their own groups here?
          Blondes ? Where ?

Comment

Originally posted by dash201 View Post

Giving religion a day off is impossible. All human beings are religious by design; whether they like it, admit it, or not.

I have a club- "Lord of the Rings". it is for players that enjoy gathering all of the various rings available on the standard tables. Though I am an adherent to Reformed Theology, I must decline due to leading another club presently.

-Theognome

Comment

Originally posted by Theognome View Post

Giving religion a day off is impossible. All human beings are religious by design; whether they like it, admit it, or not.

I have a club- "Lord of the Rings". it is for players that enjoy gathering all of the various rings available on the standard tables. Though I am an adherent to Reformed Theology, I must decline due to leading another club presently.

-Theognome
              Nope. Humans are born without religion. Religion only comes into it from the religion of the parents who push it onto them. Think of it this way: If a child is born to Protestant parents and is given up for adoption straight away, and is taken into a Catholic home, what religion do you think the child will be.............Protestant? And if that child is adopted by atheists, what then?

Comment

Originally posted by COOLOCKER View Post

Nope. Humans are born without religion. Religion only comes into it from the religion of the parents who push it onto them. Think of it this way: If a child is born to Protestant parents and is given up for adoption straight away, and is taken into a Catholic home, what religion do you think the child will be.............Protestant? And if that child is adopted by atheists, what then?
                You are in error. Religiosity has nothing to do with denominations. It has to do with spirituality. All human beings have a spirit which seeks power. Whether said spirit seeks Christianity, Islam, Atheism or whatnot is immaterial.

Comment

You are in error. Religiosity has nothing to do with denominations. It has to do with spirituality. All human beings have a spirit which seeks power. Whether said spirit seeks Christianity, Islam, Atheism or whatnot is immaterial.
                  That's deep!

Comment

Originally posted by Aurora View Post
                    I'm just saying I'd rather have pool clubs where everyone in the club loves a certain cricket team or they all love to eat brownies. I'd rather not see clubs where Catholic Pro Lifers are competing against a club of Aethist (sp?) Pro Choice members. It's supposed to be a fun game. Let's not get religion and politics invovled. That's all I'm saying

Comment

Apples and oranges my friend. It all comes down to what you believe in im afraid. Religious by design is what you said, and now spiritually.

I would be spiritual, but in the way that i know that this planet is a living breathing thing, but not in a godly sense though. Like i said, apples and oranges.
                      Not trying to force my beliefs on you Theognome, just putting down my thoughts on it all.

Comment

Originally posted by d4ve_tv View Post

I'm just saying I'd rather have pool clubs where everyone in the club loves a certain cricket team or they all love to eat brownies. I'd rather not see clubs where Catholic Pro Lifers are competing against a club of Aethist (sp?) Pro Choice members. It's supposed to be a fun game. Let's not get religion and politics invovled. That's all I'm saying
                        Isn't it a good thing they can chat about the things they like inside those groups with like-minded people? It's all random who is our opponent. We compete against all clubs. I see your point though, and I wouldn't join any club with religious or political message.

Comment

Apples and oranges my friend. It all comes down to what you believe in im afraid. Religious by design is what you said, and now spiritually.

I would be spiritual, but in the way that i know that this planet is a living breathing thing, but not in a godly sense though. Like i said, apples and oranges.
                          Not trying to force my beliefs on you Theognome, just putting down my thoughts on it all.
                          Understood and no problem, Sir. There is no way I can force my beliefs on anyone. Perhaps the apples and oranges are not as distinct as you state. You words demonstrate a strong spirit within you.

Comment

Your words demonstrate a strong spirit within you.
                            That would be the poitín, to be sure, to be sure

Comment

LMAO...hic. Now where is me pipe and shlippers.......burp.

Comment

LMAO...hic. Now where is me pipe and shlippers.......burp.
                                Sláinte Jimmy lol

Comment

All great viewpoints! Love how Miniclip 8 Ball Pool can bring everyone together for World Peace! God I love this game! Oopppsss I said the G word!

Comment

Originally posted by Nanny Ogg View Post

Sláinte Jimmy lol
                                    Ar ais ortsa Nan, lol.

Comment

Ar ais ortsa Nan, lol.
                                      Go raibh maith agat hun

Comment

Hey stop with all this pig latin talk!

Comment

Working...