Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Game screen goes blank

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Game screen goes blank

    Is this Flash Player fault? I can still hear the game sounds but can't view the game. It has happened to me couple of times now since I started playing pool again. First the screen goes black then everything else returns visible but the game window is white.

  • #2
    Originally posted by Aurora View Post
    Is this Flash Player fault? I can still hear the game sounds but can't view the game. It has happened to me couple of times now since I started playing pool again. First the screen goes black then everything else returns visible but the game window is white.
    Is this on a phone or pc or tablet?

    Comment


    • #3
      This is on pc and now I realize the game is not a Flash player game anymore. Anyway it's happened couple of times now.

      It just happened again and I think I now know why. It happens when I open a new browser window in the middle of playing. I can only wait for the game to end and hope the opponent makes mistakes and I win.

      This time though it seems my opponent is not making moves on his turn either. There could be problems at both ends.

      Comment


      • #4
        who knows?!? there have been a lot of "glitches" lately

        Comment


        • #5
          Really? Has there been a time when the game did not have any problems...

          Comment


          • #6
            Touche

            Comment


            • #7
              It happened again. I have a new screen, so that is not the problem. Driver fault? Or Chrome? Or hacker? I was in tourney finals in Amsterdam, my opponent won because I couldn't see the end of the game.

              Click image for larger version

Name:	poolvoid.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	60.7 KB
ID:	278281

              Comment


              • #8
                Oh Aurora I'm sorry to hear you're still having this problem and especially right when you're in a finals of a tournament! That really sucks because we all know how difficult it is to make it to the finals. I suppose it could be some kind of "hack" that pc players can do but I doubt it. Yes it's not flash anymore. Someone (sorry I forgot who) said 8bp is now html5. Have you tested the "stability" in other browsers? Chrome, Firefox? Sorry I'm not much help. I mainly play on my little Galaxy s8 phone. Remember too that the pc ver is a few updates behind the current mobile versions. So on my phone it shows ver 4.5.2-2120 but on my pc it shows ver 4.4.0_7be77

                BTW off topic... you wouldn't happen to be the same Aurora that is in Obel's club Nineball Nightmare? If it's you then you must also have a mobile account because mobile players can't play with pc players... right? I'm pretty sure that's right. That is, if you're logged in on the pc and I'm logged in on my phone, we would not be able to play each other correct? Hmmmmmm

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by d4ve_tv View Post
                  Oh Aurora I'm sorry to hear you're still having this problem and especially right when you're in a finals of a tournament! That really sucks because we all know how difficult it is to make it to the finals. I suppose it could be some kind of "hack" that pc players can do but I doubt it. Yes it's not flash anymore. Someone (sorry I forgot who) said 8bp is now html5. Have you tested the "stability" in other browsers? Chrome, Firefox? Sorry I'm not much help. I mainly play on my little Galaxy s8 phone. Remember too that the pc ver is a few updates behind the current mobile versions. So on my phone it shows ver 4.5.2-2120 but on my pc it shows ver 4.4.0_7be77

                  BTW off topic... you wouldn't happen to be the same Aurora that is in Obel's club Nineball Nightmare? If it's you then you must also have a mobile account because mobile players can't play with pc players... right? I'm pretty sure that's right. That is, if you're logged in on the pc and I'm logged in on my phone, we would not be able to play each other correct? Hmmmmmm
                  cross platforms possible but Money Clip don't want.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    I am the same Aurora and I play on PC. Apparently we can join the same clubs even though we can't play each other. We can still both contribute to the club, isn't that the main target?

                    Someone younger and smarter than me has tried to fix the screen issue. I'll report later if the problem still occurs.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by Aurora View Post
                      I am the same Aurora and I play on PC. Apparently we can join the same clubs even though we can't play each other. We can still both contribute to the club, isn't that the main target?

                      Someone younger and smarter than me has tried to fix the screen issue. I'll report later if the problem still occurs.
                      Cool! So you're in Obel's club.

                      Yes that's interesting that PC and mobile players can be in the same club, yet we each play the other only when we are logged into same platform. PC vs PC players. Mobile vs mobile players. How's the conversation going on in the club? Tell Nineballina, Obel and Laura hello for me will ya? Thanks!

                      Yes keep up updated about your screen issues.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Oh, man, I'm glad to see I'm not the only one having this problem. I've reported it now twice, followed the same suggestions both times to no avail, and was told that they were going to refer the problem to the developers for further information. That was a month ago.

                        Sometimes I'm able to return to the game if I refresh my browser, but often the game will be over by the time I get back, because I'm forced to watch the same long, stupid "Basketball Stars" ad before the game will reload. Would love to know if you ever figured out a fix!

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          I don't know if Aurora has found a resolution to this or not. Aurora

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Thanks for the boost...it's basically made the game unplayable and I've tried everything I know to do.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              FWIW, I've also noticed that it only happens when it's my turn, and never when the other player is shooting. Aurora , have you noticed that as well?

                              Comment


                              • #16
                                TwoStickStabber What device are you playing on? What browser? Everything updated? You're not using a VPN are you?

                                Comment


                                • #17
                                  Hey d4ve_tv , I'm playing on a PC running Windows 10 Pro, on a Chrome browser that is up to date. Not using a VPN. Any ideas? Thanks

                                  Comment


                                  • #18
                                    Ahhhhh this seems more prevalent on users playing on pc. I'm sorry I don't have much to offer. I play almost exclusively on my Galaxy S8 plus. From what I understand the pc version which is html5 is still buggy and many "versions" behind the mobile (tablets and phones) version. The pc ver still does not have things like movie rewards or daily rewards but it does have lucky shot.

                                    Comment


                                    • #19
                                      Ugh, it's getting worse and worse...I can't even play now. The screen goes blank, I hit refresh, then once that stupid Basketball Stars ad is over (note to miniclip: that game is terrible), I rejoin the game, then it immediately goes blank again. I really wish they'd fix it.

                                      Comment


                                      • #20
                                        Originally posted by Aurora View Post
                                        It happened again. I have a new screen, so that is not the problem. Driver fault? Or Chrome? Or hacker? I was in tourney finals in Amsterdam, my opponent won because I couldn't see the end of the game.

                                        Click image for larger version

Name:	poolvoid.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	60.7 KB
ID:	278281
                                        I am getting exactly same screen on firefox, but the game is running fine on chrome.

                                        Comment

                                        Working...
                                        X