No announcement yet.

Game screen goes blank

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It happens to me on both Chrome and Explorer (but Explorer sucks for everything, so).

Comment

The difference I had between the browsers was that on chrome I had enabled the flash player, which was disabled on firefox. But the game has nothing to do with flashplayer anymore so not sure what's causing this!

Comment

Wonder if it might have something to do with this thing called Trend Micro Security Agent that was recently installed on my machine?

Comment

Originally posted by d4ve_tv View Post
          I don't know if Aurora has found a resolution to this or not. Aurora
          To stop playing.

Comment

Originally posted by Aurora View Post

To stop playing.

Comment

To stop playing.
              Good one! LOL

Comment

I sent yet another request to the support team regarding this issue...will let everyone know if I hear back.

Comment

Originally posted by TwoStickStabber View Post
                  I sent yet another request to the support team regarding this issue...will let everyone know if I hear back.
                  Yes keep us updated. Did you send them screen shots?

Comment

Yes keep us updated. Did you send them screen shots?
                    Yes, I'd sent them before. In their last answer from about a month ago, they just seemed puzzled. I'm guessing if there aren't many people with this problem, then it's not a huge priority for them...and I get that. I'll let you know if I hear anything, but I'm not really expecting to at this point.

Comment

Don't give up hope. Can you play on a more stable platform like mobile phone? A tablet? An ipad?

Comment

Don't give up hope. Can you play on a more stable platform like mobile phone? A tablet? An ipad?
                        All I've got is a phone, and I just don't like the game play on the tiny screen; seems more like a kids' toy than a game of pool.

I did get an automated reply yesterday, basically telling me not to bother them since I've already asked them about this issue. Since I originally asked them about this issue back in early June, I'd hate to think what "lengthening my wait time" might mean.

Click image for larger version

Name:	image.png
Views:	1
Size:	25.7 KB
ID:	282400

Comment

I guess if you have a small phone screen it would be more challenging. I have a Galaxy s8+ so the screen size is just nice for me at least. I have tried to play on my pc, but I can't aim or play worth a damn using the mouse. I have an old ipad that I've tried to play on and that's a little better but I always go back to my phone.

A response like that would make me want to send them another response! LOL

Comment

So, I heard back from them again, and they just made all the same suggestions as before (delete cookies, allow flash, etc...all of which I've already done), and then even sent me a survey asking how satisfied I was with their assistance...I mean, everyone has been perfectly polite and friendly, but nothing works. There's really no point in even trying to play anymore because the game's just gotten impossible to finish.

So...nice meeting you! Off to find a new game. Peace...

Comment

This doesn't happen to me anymore. I haven't played much though.

But the forum has started acting up now...

"Error while saving content: SyntaxError: Unexpected token B in JSON at position 5"

Comment

This doesn't happen to me anymore. I haven't played much though.

But the forum has started acting up now...

"Error while saving content: SyntaxError: Unexpected token B in JSON at position 5"
                                Sorry to see you leave TwoStickStabber good luck. Maybe you'll get a new phone or tablet and can play 8bp from there. Just keep your login/pw so you can come back if the opportunity arises.

One kinda weird thing I noticed on my desktop is that recently the forum has been logging me out. I used to just click on the forum tab and go about my business, but now when I go to revisit that tab, the forum says I have to log in. Sort of weird bc it never used to do that and I haven't changed any settings that I know of.

Comment

The forum's been logging you off for a long time if you aren't active.

Comment

No, it's acting weird for me. I was inactive for days and never had to log in, but lately I go back the next day and I had to log back in. No worries. I don't mind relogging in. Just noticed the change.

Comment

Working...
                                    X