My Club has been Relegated!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My Club has been Relegated!

The correct term is, 'Demoted' - you MiniClip Upper-class Twits!

I would agree that "demoted" would be a better word to use, but relegated is an appropriate synonym.
    A definition of relegate: consign or dismiss to an inferior rank or position.

Comment

Originally posted by d4ve_tv View Post
      I would agree that "demoted" would be a better word to use, but relegated is an appropriate synonym.
      A definition of relegate: consign or dismiss to an inferior rank or position.
      I'm aware of that. And there's a reason I called them, 'Upper class Twits'. Pants!

Comment

LOL

Comment

There's something upper class about the word relegated? Really? It seems to be the appropriate word to me. They use it all the time here when talking about football (soccer) teams being relegated down a division versus promoted up a division. I've literally never heard the word demoted used in this context. Now if you were knocked down a rank from Pool Emperor to King, I'd call that a demotion. Maybe it's just me.

Comment

Originally posted by Little Ted View Post
            There's something upper class about the word relegated? Really? It seems to be the appropriate word to me. They use it all the time here when talking about football (soccer) teams being relegated down a division versus promoted up a division. I've literally never heard the word demoted used in this context. Now if you were knocked down a rank from Pool Emperor to King, I'd call that a demotion. Maybe it's just me.
            Nope, not just you Ted LOL there is absolutely nothing upper class about football, in fact there is nothing classy about it at all and relegated is hardly ever used in any other context apart from footie.

Also there is absolutely nothing classy or upper class about Miniclip either, the money grubbing bar stewards LOL

Comment

Tomato ToMatoe

Comment

Working...
              X