My Club has been Relegated!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My Club has been Relegated!

The correct term is, 'Demoted' - you MiniClip Upper-class Twits!

I would agree that "demoted" would be a better word to use, but relegated is an appropriate synonym.
    A definition of relegate: consign or dismiss to an inferior rank or position.

Comment

Originally posted by d4ve_tv View Post
      I would agree that "demoted" would be a better word to use, but relegated is an appropriate synonym.
      I'm aware of that. And there's a reason I called them, 'Upper class Twits'. Pants!

Comment

LOL

Comment

There's something upper class about the word relegated? Really? It seems to be the appropriate word to me. They use it all the time here when talking about football (soccer) teams being relegated down a division versus promoted up a division. I've literally never heard the word demoted used in this context. Now if you were knocked down a rank from Pool Emperor to King, I'd call that a demotion. Maybe it's just me.

Comment

Originally posted by Little Ted View Post
            There's something upper class about the word relegated? Really? It seems to be the appropriate word to me. They use it all the time here when talking about football (soccer) teams being relegated down a division versus promoted up a division. I've literally never heard the word demoted used in this context. Now if you were knocked down a rank from Pool Emperor to King, I'd call that a demotion. Maybe it's just me.
            Nope, not just you Ted LOL there is absolutely nothing upper class about football, in fact there is nothing classy about it at all and relegated is hardly ever used in any other context apart from footie.

Also there is absolutely nothing classy or upper class about Miniclip either, the money grubbing bar stewards LOL

Comment

Tomato ToMatoe

Comment

Hello,
                I am new in 8ball pool game.
                Recently, i have received a notification 'bout my ex-club got relegated. I would like to ask what were the probably reasons why we have been relegated or demoted back to. Bronze1?
                thank you very much!

Comment

You get relegated if you don’t win enough cash, or finish bottom 3 in your league.

Comment

Sometimes it's better to get "relegated" because theoretically you'll be in a lower "league" and thus be up against "easier" teams. But we know that's not necessarily true

Comment

what do you lose when your club gets relegated ?

Comment

Originally posted by RE Etter View Post
                        what do you lose when your club gets relegated ?
                        Apart from a little pride and/or prestige ? Nothing LOL

Oh and a little time and effort if you try to get it promoted back up and fail LOL

Comment

It's like the English premiere league (soccer), if you are bottom 3 at the end of the season then you're relegated to a lower league. I dont think it's offensive in anyway. Some of the players in 8bp are insanely good and some make serious money on the game(like the youtubers etc)

Comment

Originally posted by d4ve_tv View Post
                            Thats the English/Oxford version. lets see the good old american Webster's...

transitive verb

1: to send into exile : BANISH
                            2: ASSIGN: such as
                            a: to assign to a place of insignificance or of oblivion : put out of sight or mind

​​​​​​ Now, some of this i DO find offensive! By god! I want my money back... Every DAMN red cent that this app HAS SUCkED OUT of mY .. .... What? Its been free the whole time,? Oh.. uh.. i guess nevermind. I retract my outburst. And please ignore my regular regulation of the relavant re-- legal ate son? Yeah..

Comment

I dont remember being 'legated'. Id have to be 'legated' lolbefore i could, feasibly, be 're-legated'.. and how come when the club does well, it always these high ranked or famous club member's club.... But when the club is in a slump or its involved in some shady goings-on. THEN! yeah, Then it is all of a sudden its 'MY club'!?

Comment

Let it go, ZenDragon, there is nothing to be gained by continuing these outbursts.
                                Or are your haemorrhoids playing up again ?
                                Last edited by dhakapapa; 30-08-21, 08:39 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by ZenDragon View Post

Thats the English/Oxford version. lets see the good old american Webster's...

transitive verb

1: to send into exile : BANISH
                                  2: ASSIGN: such as
                                  a: to assign to a place of insignificance or of oblivion : put out of sight or mind

​​​​​​ Now, some of this i DO find offensive! By god! I want my money back... Every DAMN red cent that this app HAS SUCkED OUT of mY .. .... What? Its been free the whole time,? Oh.. uh.. i guess nevermind. I retract my outburst. And please ignore my regular regulation of the relavant re-- legal ate son? Yeah..
                                  i am very pedantic and this is just a virtual game coins and pool bucks.

Demote does not mean banish and here is a quick webster meaning and if you were really a zen dragon you would accept it as it is

Comment

It's all just rubbish anyway just look at the top people in the world. sweet FA games and huge winnings

Comment

they could just change the message to "sorry your group was shit this week"

Comment

Working...
                                      X