Low % high rollers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Low % high rollers

I am currently playing a good amount of Bangkok and nearly have the 2nd ring but to keep playing with the rental fees and not have your coins go on the decline I estimate you need to win about 56% of your matches to break even or 53% with your legendary cue giving some back on a loss.Sometimes when looking at someone’s profile you occasionally would see someone with 39% but have a few Berlin rings as well as Mumbai Seoul etc. It is not mathematically possible to keep playing Berlin if you are losing more often than you are winning so how are these low % players able to fund their playing on the bigger tables?

Not too sure, but it is very common for players in Berlin to have a win % lower than 50.

Comment

Originally posted by Cyberdyne T101 View Post
      I am currently playing a good amount of Bangkok and nearly have the 2nd ring but to keep playing with the rental fees and not have your coins go on the decline I estimate you need to win about 56% of your matches to break even or 53% with your legendary cue giving some back on a loss.Sometimes when looking at someone’s profile you occasionally would see someone with 39% but have a few Berlin rings as well as Mumbai Seoul etc. It is not mathematically possible to keep playing Berlin if you are losing more often than you are winning so how are these low % players able to fund their playing on the bigger tables?
      Hi Terminator fan!

The easy answer to your question is this. They pull out their credit card and they purchase more coins. Or they get coins other ways... like transferring coins... which is considered illegal. So as long as you have 25M coins, you can keep playing. And to answer your next question, yes, that could get incredibly expensive buying coins to keep playing, but we have many players who I think are rich Saudi princes that can afford that. Another answer is that many of these Berlin and Venice players have BILLIONS of coins already so they could be playing for a long time and they would have to be incredibly unlucky to lose all their coins. I mean think about it. If they are good enough to accumulate that many coins, they won't lose it easily due to lack of skill. It would be due to very very bad luck. And if they did lose it, they can easily win it back because they are that good. They can see angles so easily that they can bank with one eye closed. They have what I call "miniclip vision" LOL

As for win %... that's a touchy subject. To me it's just a "snapshot" in time right? It's your current win/loss % determined simply by dividing your current games won out of your total games played. Let's use this acct as an example:

Level 235, games won 5,313 of 10,201 which is a 52.1% win percentage. But when that person was a level 75, he may have been 1,050 of 2,500 or 42%. And when he was level 30, he may have been 500 of 600 or 83%. And that also doesn't mean that if he played Berlin when he was level 30 that he would win more games because his win% was 83%. Win% are also not based on the difficulty of which table you played (whether it was no guidelines or call your pockets), it is purely based on games won (whether you bet a 100 miami, 50 London or 150M Venice). A win is a win, a loss is a loss. So when you encounter a Berlin player with a 30% win%, that doesn't mean that they suck. It just means that overall his win to total games ratio sucks, but that doesn't mean that he's a bad Berlin player. His terrible % could've been due to him losing a ton of London games. Also consider this. High level, high table players have played a lot of games. So for someone who has played 30,000 games, it would take thousands of games to affect that win% right? As opposed to a low level player who's only played 500 games. 250 out of 500 is 50%. Just win 25 more games, 275/500 changes to 55%. Comparatively, 15,000/30,000 is 50%. To change to 55%, you'd have to win 1500 more games or 16500/30000 to get 55%. So the more games you've played, the more you have to win (or lose) to affect your win%.

I guess what I'm saying is, the win% is not a good indicator. Hope this helps.

See ya on the tables!

Comment

Yup, win % doesn't mean a thing. I quit a lot of games, sometimes I've quit 10 straight games in a row. In the last month alone, my win % has gone from 57% to about 50% or lower. I quit because instead of getting a 1million game, I end up with some piddly 100/500/1000/2500/10000 game.

Comment

Originally posted by Ryan Cawdor View Post
          Yup, win % doesn't mean a thing. I quit a lot of games, sometimes I've quit 10 straight games in a row. In the last month alone, my win % has gone from 57% to about 50% or lower. I quit because instead of getting a 1million game, I end up with some piddly 100/500/1000/2500/10000 game.
          Yep , although d4ve makes some good points this here is the real reason for high rollers with low percentages, there are loads of them that even consider my 500k wagers to be too piddly for them LOL

Comment

Originally posted by Ryan Cawdor View Post
            LOL I quit because I'm a sore loser and don't want to see my opponent pocket the 9 or 8 balls. I should stay to the end because Nanny Ogg will say "never quit before the game is over" and also because your opponent "could" scratch or even miss or something miraculous happens and you end up winning. Also I should stay because I like to see how much coins Miniclip gives me back for the loss (for using my legendary cue).

Another reason to stay to end is there have been a few games where as I was quitting the game I saw my opponent scratch on the 8 and you can hear me saying "WTF! Nooooooooooo"

Comment

Originally posted by d4ve_tv View Post

LOL I quit because I'm a sore loser and don't want to see my opponent pocket the 9 or 8 balls. I should stay to the end because Nanny Ogg will say "never quit before the game is over" and also because your opponent "could" scratch or even miss or something miraculous happens and you end up winning. Also I should stay because I like to see how much coins Miniclip gives me back for the loss (for using my legendary cue).

Another reason to stay to end is there have been a few games where as I was quitting the game I saw my opponent scratch on the 8 and you can hear me saying "   ! Nooooooooooo"
              Yeah, I also quit when the opponent is gonna sink the money ball and have also noticed as I quit that they missed or scratched...

I can also be a sore loser too lol

Comment

Originally posted by d4ve_tv View Post

Another reason to stay to end is there have been a few games where as I was quitting the game I saw my opponent scratch on the 8 and you can hear me saying "   ! Nooooooooooo"
                I can never say it enough ! LOL

2 examples that literally just happened.... 100k game and I was on the black and left it hanging half on/half off the pocket. My oppo couldn't miss !

And he didn't... but he rolled the cue ball in after it LOL

Then a 500k game and oppo was on the black and it was another so called "unmissable" shot, except he did, by a hairsbreadth which let me clear the table LOL

Never give up ! LOL

Comment

One of my favorite tag lines from one of my favorite movies Galaxy Quest: Never give up! Never surrender!

Now whether I follow it...

Comment

Working...
                  X