The Venting/Ranting thread [rebooted]

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by d4ve_tv View Post

Wow! Where were you when I was moving up the ranks and was playing Jakarta trying not to lose all my coins?!? You have a big heart Lorraine
    Thanks for that. Sometimes you just need a little help and encouragement along the way. As a leader, it’s the least I can do.

Comment

• Originally posted by Lorraine View Post

Thanks for that. Sometimes you just need a little help and encouragement along the way. As a leader, it’s the least I can do.

Comment

• Jesus Christ, what the hell is going on here..... I'm down to 1.1 billion coins from a high of close to 3 billion!!! Goddamn people break and run on me and there's nothing I can do.... of course I'm happy when I have the chance to do it to them!... in your face!

Comment

• Just WOW!
          I am already in a bad mood when I lose 100,000 coins lol !

Comment

• dhakapapa ​ @Ryan's HUGE losses are legendary! We're not laughing at you Ryan, we're laughing with you.
            Seriously tho, what table are you playing that you lose that much? Berlin? Venice?

As Nanny Ogg will shake her head in disgust, my table of choice is Miami. Yes there's much more "luck" involved, but I like to play the odds that as lucky as my opponents get, I also get the same amount of luck. I just get most upset when I am on a losing streak.

Comment

• Originally posted by dhakapapa View Post
              Just WOW!
              I am already in a bad mood when I lose 100,000 coins lol !
              And I'm in a mood when lose 10, 000 ...

Comment

• lost about 300m in berlin yesterday, the universe was against me nothing worked

Comment

• Originally posted by johndoe View Post
                  lost about 300m in berlin yesterday, the universe was against me nothing worked
                  Yeah, those guys are pretty good...you really can't screw around when you play them because they typically don't miss when banking the 8...

Comment

• Originally posted by Ryan Cawdor View Post

Yeah, those guys are pretty good...you really can't screw around when you play them because they typically don't miss when banking the 8...
                    it really wasn't anything special, i was just unlucky and that feeling of no matter what you do you end up losing
                    these streaks happen once in a while but i'm still winning overall so can't really complain but it is annoying when it does happen

Comment

• 90% of the wins go to the player who breaks when you get experienced players together. That’s why i mainly play Monaco. Not much fun being on the receiving end of a string of denials without getting a chance.

Even worse when you’ve only got 15mins or so to play, and you don’t even get a shot before it’s time to go :/

Comment

• Originally posted by Tricky View Post
                        90% of the wins go to the player who breaks when you get experienced players together. That’s why i mainly play Monaco. Not much fun being on the receiving end of a string of denials without getting a chance.

Even worse when you’ve only got 15mins or so to play, and you don’t even get a shot before it’s time to go :/
                        this does not apply in berlin as much as it does on other tables, because you need a bank shot so even if a player manages to break and pot all his balls chances are that the other balls will interfere with your last shot

Comment

• And Another Thing !

Stop coming into my no guideline 10m games with your beginners broomsticks and your less than level 40s and your uncanny accuracy, we all know you are a dirty, filthy, stinking cheat !

Comment

this does not apply in berlin as much as it does on other tables, because you need a bank shot so even if a player manages to break and pot all his balls chances are that the other balls will interfere with your last shot
                            Trust me, take a look at the number of Berlin wins your opponent has - the better you get the higher this number is. Opponents with in excess of 100 Berlin wins will dish out a denial more often than not.

When i first started playing Berlin a denial was quite rare, now it’s more than half the time.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tricky View Post

Trust me, take a look at the number of Berlin wins your opponent has - the better you get the higher this number is. Opponents with in excess of 100 Berlin wins will dish out a denial more often than not.

When i first started playing Berlin a denial was quite rare, now it’s more than half the time.
                              i only play berlin and have been doing so for more than 2 years now and denials rarely happen
                              can't give you a statistic but if i were to guesstimate i'd say it happens around 15% of the time give or take

this is one of the main reasons i only play berlin (other reason is to collect cue pieces) since almost any player with a few games played can get denials at other tables
                              anybody can do a proper denial with a good break but in berlin as i said above, other players unpotted balls and the bank shot make it a lot less likely for a denial to happen

Comment

• Take a look at the number of Berlin rings of your opponents and let me know what you see. I’m finding it hard to believe that i’m the only person who these 100+ Berlin ring players are giving denials!

I’m about 25% with Berlin denials, and at this stage most of my opponents are better players than me

Comment

i only play berlin and have been doing so for more than 2 years now and denials rarely happen
                                  can't give you a statistic but if i were to guesstimate i'd say it happens around 15% of the time give or take
                                  Are you playing Berlin on pc or mobile? I play on mobile and on mobile, when I play Berlin, the denial rate is way higher... more like 40%! Now wait, I'm assuming your definition of "denial" is when your opponent breaks and run and then makes an indirect on the 8 to win the game and you don't get a shot right? Well... that's what happens when I don't get the break. I pretty much just sit there and watch as my opponent breaks and runs out. Now I'm Level 310 so maybe I'm being matched with higher ranked players but most players in Berlin are very very very very good and can do denials easily ESPECIALLY in Berlin when you don't have to call pockets except on the 8. Now I would imagine that the denial rate is a little lower in Venice because you have to call all your pockets and can't just hit it hard and get lucky. But maybe it's just me. Just my 2 cents.

Comment

Are you playing Berlin on pc or mobile? I play on mobile and on mobile, when I play Berlin, the denial rate is way higher... more like 40%! Now wait, I'm assuming your definition of "denial" is when your opponent breaks and run and then makes an indirect on the 8 to win the game and you don't get a shot right? Well... that's what happens when I don't get the break. I pretty much just sit there and watch as my opponent breaks and runs out. Now I'm Level 310 so maybe I'm being matched with higher ranked players but most players in Berlin are very very very very good and can do denials easily ESPECIALLY in Berlin when you don't have to call pockets except on the 8. Now I would imagine that the denial rate is a little lower in Venice because you have to call all your pockets and can't just hit it hard and get lucky. But maybe it's just me. Just my 2 cents.
                                    playing PC and i'm pretty sure the denial rate is as i estimated. maybe pc players aren't as good or maybe it's easier to play on the mobile version
                                    the PC version does not have the fine tune ruler nor does it have the cue power slide so that could make it a bit harder to play
                                    however as a PC player, trying to play mobile after so many games on PC it's really hard to get used to game mechanics, as i said it really feels like a new game

Comment

• Fair enough- i’ve never played PC. That explains our different experiences!

Comment

playing PC and i'm pretty sure the denial rate is as i estimated. maybe pc players aren't as good or maybe it's easier to play on the mobile version
                                        the PC version does not have the fine tune ruler nor does it have the cue power slide so that could make it a bit harder to play
                                        however as a PC player, trying to play mobile after so many games on PC it's really hard to get used to game mechanics, as i said it really feels like a new game
                                        Ok like Tricky said, that explains a lot. I'm not saying PC players suck, but with PC Berlin saying 196 players online and mobile Berlin 1480 players online, there's greater chance of meeting a better player on mobile. And like you said, maybe it's not as easy to control your shots on PC altho Nanny Ogg might disagree with me on that.

Anyway, if I were you, I would steady yourself with the realization that eventually Miniclip intends to do away with the PC version. You say it's like a whole different game, but I don't think so. Yes there will be a learning curve, but it's same game with different controllers. As with anything, with practice I think you would make a terrific mobile player! Just takes getting used to.

Comment

Ok like Tricky said, that explains a lot. I'm not saying PC players suck, but with PC Berlin saying 196 players online and mobile Berlin 1480 players online, there's greater chance of meeting a better player on mobile. And like you said, maybe it's not as easy to control your shots on PC altho Nanny Ogg might disagree with me on that.

Anyway, if I were you, I would steady yourself with the realization that eventually Miniclip intends to do away with the PC version. You say it's like a whole different game, but I don't think so. Yes there will be a learning curve, but it's same game with different controllers. As with anything, with practice I think you would make a terrific mobile player! Just takes getting used to.
                                          as long as there is a PC version i will play the game, after that who knows
                                          it's not easy at all to transition, i hate playing on tiny screens and i hate phones

Comment

Working...
                                          X