The Venting/Ranting thread [rebooted]

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by undiscovad View Post
    Played 4 Rome, won the first then denied 3 times straight. Restart the app, go to Seoul and it's a cheto who got the break. I did manage a screen recording. Enjoy my 10M crook, hope it takes you far in life. What sucks is the legendary Pay back was not even 20% (can't believe I wasted real money and can't even get near 100% when playing a cheater)

https://youtu.be/OZ-hHsPs_po
    I watched, there's no question this guy's using external software, cheating.

Comment

• Originally posted by COOLOCKER View Post

Figured it out, me thinks. Stevo , click on this link to see if you get on?

https://8ballpool.com/en/game/
      that web site is horrible, guys... youre right, the non game hogs the entire window and the game part is as tiny as an ant.... Question: why use that site? I either login to 8ball using fb or miniclip,com and then I blow the game up to 200% to fill my 40" monitor...

Comment

• sorry I'm out the games broken.
        Last edited by wiccatree; 24-09-22, 12:25 PM.

Comment

Last edited by wiccatree; 24-09-22, 12:26 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ryan Cawdor View Post

that web site is horrible, guys... youre right, the non game hogs the entire window and the game part is as tiny as an ant.... Question: why use that site? I either login to 8ball using fb or miniclip,com and then I blow the game up to 200% to fill my 40" monitor...
            I log in on miniclip website also Ryan, but it has changed. Zooming in once only makes the top or the bottom of the table disappear off screen, lol. Not sure how you are still getting the old screen though?

Comment

Figured it out, me thinks. Stevo , click on this link to see if you get on?

https://8ballpool.com/en/game/
              I got in, but lost my account, so giving it up. I was thinking about it last night. Now am stopping..

Comment

• Originally posted by wiccatree View Post

indeed I do, lol they've actually made it easier for us now all we have to do is add these 3 custom filters to our adblock list

8ballpool.com##.h-full.flex.flex-col
                8ballpool.com##.sidebar.bg-dark-normal.h-full.desktop\:block.z-50
                8ballpool.com##.main-header.w-full.flex.items-center.justify-between.bg-black.z-20.h-16

Original post HERE with instructions (very easy).

a video I made of how to do it - don't add the filters in the video just add the 3 above.

adblock plus HERE

additionally if you want to block the footer with those silly ads at the bottom add this line:
                8ballpool.com##.container.mx-auto
                and for those interested heres a link to your login page they've renamed it USER MANAGEMENT PORTAL

linky
                I knew you would come up with the answer Wicca, lol. You are a legend. Thanks so much for that. This is much better:

Comment

• Originally posted by Stevo View Post

I got in, but lost my account, so giving it up. I was thinking about it last night. Now am stopping..
                  Did you log in?

Comment

Comment

• Heh, well, that is another way I suppose. What I found was using the regular [ctrl] + scroll still works, you just had to do it while the game was loading heh. I'll try and free up some time to demo that into a video clip later today (after work)

Browser with forum in front for size comparison...

Comment

Comment

I log in on miniclip website also Ryan, but it has changed. Zooming in once only makes the top or the bottom of the table disappear off screen, lol. Not sure how you are still getting the old screen though?
                          ohhhh... well i hadn't been using miniclip.com for the last week.... ever since they fixed that fb login issue. I just went there and checked. I didn't realize it had changed.

But fortunately when I zoom to 200%, it basically does what Wiccatree's fix will accomplish.... I see nothing but the game, not that other crap...same as what Bogus had posted in his screen shot.

Comment

Nice screen bogus!! (mines only 24 inch)
                            the thing with just zooming in & not adding the filters is, your still going to have all the bloated trackers & background shit that will load up & slow your game down.
                            if you add those filters it stops them loading which speeds up ya load time
                            just disabled the filters & counted the processes running in the background there was 13 trackers lol it's insanity I tells ya!
                            The screen is a 40" 2.5k HP Pavillion, I do a lot of CADD work so I needed more than the average screen could do for detail work

I absolutely agree with blocking all that stuff, what I didn't mention (and probably should have) is that I'm currently testing out 8bp using Brave's browser, which comes with it's own built in blocking software. Typically I run FF with Ghostery (and a few other bits and kibbles), but I was pleasantly surprised by how well packaged this setup comes out of the box. For instance ~

Comment

Last edited by wiccatree; 24-09-22, 12:24 PM.

Comment

doing what I suggested above restores keyboard control over cue spin
                                full guide here
                                Unfortunately, keyboard has only worked a couple of times, the "usual" state is without keyboard control.

In the previous version, all it took was screen refresh to get it to work, now it doesn't..

Comment

Comment

clicking on the left or right of the game window, anywhere on the gray background should fix it.
                                    it's because we removed the code that forces the game box to the front of the page on loading, like an invisible spam pop up
                                    thats why you hear it clicking in the background sometimes on loading.
                                    with that gone it just acts like any other web page so when you click off it, you can't scroll with mouse, thats why you have to click back on it.
                                    thats why it loads X times faster
                                    more info here
                                    it can happen when you switch tabs so just remember to click on the background
                                    Wow, it worked, thank you, thank you, thank you!

Comment

Did you log in?
                                      Yes but it went to a new account. 2 times in a month they have screwed up. Every online game I have played eventually closes and you have nothing to show for it. I have only played for just over a year and the money I spent I had many hours of fun, but a lot of players that did crappy breaks, not trying to win and mess you up. They cannot answer a question properly, so I will quit. When my arm gets better I will build plastic models and have something tangible. I need practice before I do my 1/6 Tamiya fat boy lo that only cost $250 AUD but now is selling for $750 or more on ebay.

Good luck everyone.

Comment

Comment

• I Uninstaller the 8bp game for now. I was 780M this morning when i woke up, and now 500M. In the process i played my first (and 3 other Berlin) games, lost all. Only 1 was a cheeto who won in under a minute. On chasing my coins back, via Mumbai and Seoul ended up 170M down, went on after 2 hours and still won 2 out of another 8 games. It's just not my day. But also I needed an excuse to stop playing, still average 8 hours a day on the app and I reached all my previous goals. At least this way I'll have 500M coins left when I decide to come back. Maybe in a few weeks. Will pop by the forum every now and then. Was fun, until it wasn't. Chasing coins and wasting my life away on my phone ... not very healthy.

Comment

Working...
                                          X