The Venting/Ranting thread [rebooted]

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by MaryKent90210 View Post
    I play on the practice table a lot, I wouldn't know what to do if they removed that feature
    Originally posted by COOLOCKER View Post
    Yeah spot on Mary, i always preach about the practice table myself. Works wonders when you are a newb, struggling, or trying out new upgrades etc. lol at the cue recharge, hehe.
    I don't think I ever used the practice table, however, I did "Play as guest" for nearly a year before I got curious enough to see what else the game might offer. I still "Play as guest" a LOT, some of the shooters you meet there are pretty dang good.

Comment

• bogus6948 I too played as a guest, for many years. Probably why we both have a soft spot for the BG? I can't seem to often pot a ball off the break with it now (I struggle to do so quite often with the standard cue as well) otherwise I'd still be using it. Do you also find some people who are willing to play doubles etc? It's a shame there isn't still a rematch option on the play as a guest table, I used to have multiple games against the same opponent, if they were up for the trickshots etc and nobody ever won any coins - just for the fun of playing. . .

Comment

• I never knew you could rematch on Play as guest, must have been I was either not observant or before my time playing there were quite a few I'd have loved to play again there

On the regular tables, I'd say a good 99% quit out either when they think the game is lost, or whether the game is lost or not. I play against some who use the 'best of 3' or 'play again' quotes, but they don't actually stick for another game. I've had it happen, but it is about as rare as hen's teeth

Comment

• I see players at pretty high levels playing as guest.
          They must have registered as "Guest 5655782" or some such without bothering to come up with a name, any name.
          I cannot bring myself to respect those players and I put in the extra effort to beat them lol !

Comment

• Originally posted by dhakapapa View Post
            I see players at pretty high levels playing as guest.
            They must have registered as "Guest 5655782" or some such without bothering to come up with a name, any name.
            I cannot bring myself to respect those players and I put in the extra effort to beat them lol !
            lol this exact thought came to mind years ago .. if a guest arrived at the table I felt I hardly stood a chance .and still happens . if they go to the effort, why not make an account...

Comment

• I meant playing as a guest as in not logging in to an account, beginner cue, against another guest, didn't know that it could be done in the actual game? I've never done that, doesn't it defeat the object??

Comment

• I saw a YouTube video last year that said best to use a guest account with hack. If banned, you get another. Doesn't make sense to me

Comment

• Originally posted by dhakapapa View Post
                  I see players at pretty high levels playing as guest.
                  I saw that when I was experimenting with the various virtual machines that emulate playing on mobile, and was able to recreate it myself. You don't actually have to register anything using that set up, you just keep playing as the same guest when you save the machine state.

Originally posted by sapphire11759
                  lol this exact thought came to mind years ago .. if a guest arrived at the table I felt I hardly stood a chance .and still happens . if they go to the effort, why not make an account...
                  It is the ultimate in laziness I guess, you don't need to create a login, provide an email, create a fb account, but has very few downsides (no fb gifting for instance, and can't challenge friend option). I'll take the time to make a video of one such account I have if any want to see it.

Originally posted by Hwli
                  I meant playing as a guest as in not logging in to an account, beginner cue, against another guest, didn't know that it could be done in the actual game? I've never done that, doesn't it defeat the object??
                  Same here, the single matches you don't actually login to play I keep forgetting that on mobile through the emulators, it can have a very different meaning

Comment

• Heh, 4th match in this morning and right on schedule, hack attack

https://youtu.be/AFWZfKveTRw

Comment

• Freaking cheaters, what do they do make a thousand accounts with the same name and just number them, like is this the 627th account or something, what the heck does dxz mean anyways. Those cheaters have missed the total meaning of this game or what it use to mean to me. Was a social game, a way to meet different people from around the world who you never would have ever met but miniclip has forgotten this and where they have come from, the old format was better IMO. I get it, the cheaters will sale the coins but in the end karma will always catch up to them one way or another, I never wish any harm on anyone ever and hope those cheaters find a better way in this life or the next. I really don't care that much about the coins, yeah they were hard to get at the beginning then became a lot easier to get but how I've always looked at it is, if I die tomorrow what good did those coins ever do me.

Comment

• Originally posted by MaryKent90210 View Post
                        Freaking cheaters, what do they do make a thousand accounts with the same name and just number them, like is this the 627th account or something, ....
                        Your probably not far from the truth, I suspect they sell them after running them up for real cash to the next available sucker.

Comment

• Lol, a sucker in need is a sucker indeed.

Comment

• hey I'm new to forum, tired of getting kicked by hackers. Its getting worse on the Berlin Platz table; every 4th opponent is a hacker - pots on every shot, they don't even aim any more - cue ball goes off in a different direction than stick. I rush to report every hacker i find, going to Help - Contact Us with the players Unique ID and user name. But they keep coming. Frickin pain in the ass...

Is there any way to
                            (1) avoid losing coins to these bastards?
                            (2) turn them in that is better than the Help - Contact Us method?

Mahalo,
                            John Miniclip J
                            My user name is johnjaloha

Comment

• John Miniclip J Welcome to the forum John, I too am fairly new to this forum. I myself usually only play on PC and cheaters are on the browser version too, only recently though but they are there. I have reported at least 10 to mininclip with video proof and its the same tired ass auto reply and ever cheater I have reported are still on there. I have since started reporting them on mobile to save time but I haven't had any luck on results. Just know you aren't alone in your frustration and its quite sickening actually.

Comment

• Originally posted by John Miniclip J View Post
                                hey I'm new to forum, tired of getting kicked by hackers. Its getting worse on the Berlin Platz table; every 4th opponent is a hacker - pots on every shot, they don't even aim any more - cue ball goes off in a different direction than stick. I rush to report every hacker i find, going to Help - Contact Us with the players Unique ID and user name. But they keep coming. Frickin pain in the ass...

Is there any way to
                                (1) avoid losing coins to these bastards?
                                (2) turn them in that is better than the Help - Contact Us method?

Mahalo,
                                John Miniclip J
                                My user name is johnjaloha
                                (1) They seem to be more (or less) active during certain periods of the day, but of course there is no way to eliminate that possibility completely. You could try playing lower / other tables and you will get (reasonably) less hackers involved, however I think if everyone did that, most likely the cheats would move down too.

(2) Sorry, no better way that I know of. I record my matches in higher risk tables, and post them to YT (and from there, this thread), but until Miniclip decides to do ... something, nothing else is going to happen. I post the vids anyway, since I find it interesting for other reasons. If nothing else is accomplished, consider it a documentary of what 1 player sees.

Originally posted by MaryKent90210
                                I myself usually only play on PC and cheaters are on the browser version too, only recently though but they are there. I have reported at least 10 to mininclip with video proof and its the same tired ass auto reply and ever cheater I have reported are still on there. I have since started reporting them on mobile to save time but I haven't had any luck on results. Just know you aren't alone in your frustration and its quite sickening actually.
                                Just imagine that for every real cheat you report (I am making the assumption you only report actual real cheaters based on your previous video clips , not suspected goofy or irrationally reported play), someone else reports someone who is not cheating for revenge due to a loss, or because of superior skill of the opponent, or sheer luck in a break shot, or.... <sic> by a factor of 10, at least.

Even if Mc took all this seriously (no way to tell for sure), I am positive it would take real people to review a lot of game play some not insignificant amount of time. I imagine that to do it seriously, you would at the very least need to employ some kind of AI to go through and flag actual instances, followed up by a real human to verify actual cheating, something most companies are not likely to do, even companies much larger than Mc (FB, TikTok, etc) are unlikely to willingly put something like that in place for equivalent issues on those platforms, even when ordered to by the government of (x) country.

In the end, cheating really is a facet of life in all areas, not just games, and is something you either deal with or not. Play the game if you enjoy the game, I certainly wouldn't let the definitive knowledge that cheats are playing it as well ruin it for you. Instead, every game you play where someone did not cheat, exult in that win/loss instead, knowing that a majority play and feel as you do

The above posted by someone who used to get just as irked as you are when encountering a suspected cheater, so take it with whatever grains of salt you please but it is my current outlook on the whole thing.

Comment

• Thanks bogus6948,
                                  Reassuring with respect to shared experience. Less reassuring regarding resolution...

Comment

• I lost 3 billion to cheaters. Don’t spend any money on the game until miniclip cleans this up. I wrote them twice about the cheater problem and received non answers. They need to show some progress on this major problem. It’s costing them money. What’s the matter with them?

Comment

• Here is a player whose strategy I just didn't get, unless they were practicing their snookering and had money to burn, at some point you should realize you need to take another approach

https://youtu.be/jVC2qt0u2xU

Comment

• Originally posted by bogus6948 View Post
                                        Here is a player whose strategy I just didn't get, unless they were practicing their snookering and had money to burn, at some point you should realize you need to take another approach

https://youtu.be/jVC2qt0u2xU
                                        Ive met a few like that myself Bogus. Mad part was they where successful in their snookers on me, leaving me with no option to hit a free ball anywhere. Shot after shot.

Comment

• Heres the shot thats not working for me bogus6948 :

Comment

Working...
                                          X