Rematch ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rematch ?

I wonder what you guys do with the rematch feature.
    If I win a game from a stronger player, I never go for another game.
    If I lose a game, I never go for rematch either.
    The only times I do go in for another round is if I played a weaker player and won or lost.
    I let the very weak win the games usually.

Multiple matches with the same opponent are the most memorable to me. I always hit the rematch button.
    I would love to see a table where you race to 7 or even 10 with a two game margin to win. That would create some epic contests!
    Even in Monaco i often have games where both myself and my opponent have 3 or more consecutive denials. As i said, those are the most memorable.

Comment

Depends whether I'm in the mood. The only people I refuse to rematch are the chat spammers. Otherwise, if I feel like playing someone and they want a rematch, I'll play. I don't mind playing people better than me, it can be fun to try to beat them, or frustrating, whichever your prefer .

I have not really felt like playing multiple frames with people as of late, but I did enjoy it in the past, can be fun for sure.
      I play mobile... Android mainly, but sometimes on my iPhone...
      Got a newer tablet finally! Trying to re-learn how to play :-))

Name / ID in 8 ball pool.

Comment

Back in the old ( version ) days I used to enjoy rematches, I think the longest single match I ever had with someone was around 60 games although I know some people who have gone on to the 100+ mark.

Those days are long gone though due to MC disincentivising rematches because of rings and leagues ( Tetsumonchi, hey Colin is there any chance of using an English spell checker in the forum, I'm fed up of being red underlined when I know for a fact that my spelling is correct and I refuse to use American spelling except in slang or colloquialisms lol ).

I suppose I could just ignore them and go for the rematch, but the way the system is now there is only about 1 player in 50 interested in playing again anyway.

Comment

Have never played anyone I’d like to rematch tbh. If I ever came up against an impressive player I would probably think about a rematch even if I kept losing, just to watch them play.

Not sure if hitting rematch will put you in the same value game, I tend to be pretty broke most of the time so couldn’t afford what I just said if that was the case

imo the game closes too fast on potting the black, there isn’t time to even say well played or sucks to be you.

A couple of times opponent asked for rematch but usually I have already pressed the back button When message pops up

and finally, rematches don’t count so what’s the point?

Comment

Originally posted by Pick E View Post
            Have never played anyone I’d like to rematch tbh. If I ever came up against an impressive player I would probably think about a rematch even if I kept losing, just to watch them play.

Not sure if hitting rematch will put you in the same value game, I tend to be pretty broke most of the time so couldn’t afford what I just said if that was the case

imo the game closes too fast on potting the black, there isn’t time to even say well played or sucks to be you.

A couple of times opponent asked for rematch but usually I have already pressed the back button When message pops up

and finally, rematches don’t count so what’s the point?

I hardly do rematches, since multiple matches with same player don't count towards league winnings at all.... There are times where I will do rematches, for instance, if I beat someone easily and they want to rematch, who am I to deny them (and deny myself the possibility to win more coins?? not)? Last time someone tried to beat me, I end up winning about 15 to 3, each for 200K a game.

and against friends, I'll play multiple matches for only 500 coins a game.... One friend I beat her 30 to 16.

Comment

The big game changer here are CLUBs. Before clubs were introduced, there were rings. For those who don't follow, here's the logic. Before clubs, people wouldn't rematch because they needed the win to count. Rematch wins don't count towards rings. Then Clubs came along and now rematch earnings don't count towards clubs.

Having said that, as Deimos said, it depends on my mood or how pissed off I am. Sometimes if I thought my opp won by being seriously lucky, I'll want a rematch. But often times I don't do rematches because I want my earnings to count and I want win to count towards a ring.

Also for those of you who keep chat on, there's that code phrase from your opponent I think "Best of 3?" which means that he/she wants you to lose your game on purpose giving them credit for the win (for his club) and then you both rematch and he will then lose that game on purpose to return your coins you just lost. The obvious glaring question here is... are you willing to take that risk bc after you lose your game, he may not rematch you! Personally I haven't tried or done this with a stranger so I can't comment as to the authenticity. Maybe I'll play some Vegas games, keep my chat on and see if anyone gives me that code chat phrase and see what happens. Anyone here taken that leap of faith and it worked?

Nanny Ogg 100+ rematches?!? That's not possible unless you were on each other's friends list and continued games at a later time. Back to back rematches from an original game with a stranger wouldn't be possible.

Comment

Originally posted by d4ve_tv View Post
                Nanny Ogg 100+ rematches?!? That's not possible unless you were on each other's friends list and continued games at a later time. Back to back rematches from an original game with a stranger wouldn't be possible.

Yes of course it was with a friend, he was actually a better player than me but I never gave up and on occasion it became a battle of attrition and I just plain wore him down until he gave up when I nudged ahead after 30 or 40 games LOL

Not sure why you say "continued at a later time" though, it was quite common to go on a 3 or 4 hour marathon session back then, and since scores were not saved the way they are in the new version if you wanted a race to 30 you had to buckle down and just get on with it LOL

Comment

Anyone here taken that leap of faith and it worked?

LOL I stopped leaping after the first time they legged it with my coins.... trust noone ! LOL

Comment

Originally posted by Ryan Cawdor View Post

I hardly do rematches, since multiple matches with same player don't count towards league winnings at all.... There are times where I will do rematches, for instance, if I beat someone easily and they want to rematch, who am I to deny them (and deny myself the possibility to win more coins?? not)? Last time someone tried to beat me, I end up winning about 15 to 3, each for 200K a game.

and against friends, I'll play multiple matches for only 500 coins a game.... One friend I beat her 30 to 16.
                    If rematches don’t count, they shouldn’t cost anything to play.

Havent played a fun game for ages.

Comment

If rematches don’t count, they shouldn’t cost anything to play.

Havent played a fun game for ages.
                      haha yeah, I normally don't play for fun on here anymore. It's all about grinding.

and in real life, I usually play for money, its more challenging that way. If I'm playing for fun I just don't try very hard and it's okay if I lose the funsy games...

Comment

haha yeah, I normally don't play for fun on here anymore. It's all about grinding.

and in real life, I usually play for money, its more challenging that way. If I'm playing for fun I just don't try very hard and it's okay if I lose the funsy games...
                        That’s very sad.

What do do you do do for fun?

Comment

I make it fun by giving myself individual personal goals. One of my early goals was to get enough cash to get a country cue. Then one of my goals was to get a one of every regular ring... of course my last two were Monaco and Berlin. Getting one of every (regular) ring is a tough challenge. Also being in a good club helps. It motivates me to play and stay high in the ranks of the club so I can get what little bit of pool cash. The pool cash is just gravy. Making me play and hopefully winning motivates me to play. Another thing... I've been playing a lot of 9 ball and I like that it's faster and I like how there's a CHANCE for me to make the 9 on the break and win. Just the chance that it's a possibility motivates me. Of course that means my opponent can get a golden break as well.

Maybe we can get a match going. We can play ea other and maybe make it fun by playing London table but playing like Berlin.

Comment

That’s very sad.

What do do you do do for fun?
                            Playing pool for money is fun!

Comment

I make it fun by giving myself individual personal goals. One of my early goals was to get enough cash to get a country cue. Then one of my goals was to get a one of every regular ring... of course my last two were Monaco and Berlin. Getting one of every (regular) ring is a tough challenge. Also being in a good club helps. It motivates me to play and stay high in the ranks of the club so I can get what little bit of pool cash. The pool cash is just gravy. Making me play and hopefully winning motivates me to play. Another thing... I've been playing a lot of 9 ball and I like that it's faster and I like how there's a CHANCE for me to make the 9 on the break and win. Just the chance that it's a possibility motivates me. Of course that means my opponent can get a golden break as well.

Maybe we can get a match going. We can play ea other and maybe make it fun by playing London table but playing like Berlin.
                              Sure! We can do that one of these days! Maybe next week when I get back from a pool tournament, it's expensive, $200 entry fee.... i'll be gone all week.

Comment

Sure! We can do that one of these days! Maybe next week when I get back from a pool tournament, it's expensive, $200 entry fee.... i'll be gone all week.
                                You play in APA?

Comment

Good luck!

Comment

You play in APA?
                                    Nope...just a typical standard tournament.

Good luck!

Thanks!

Comment

Standard tournament? Details please if you don't mind.

Comment

Standard tournament? Details please if you don't mind.
                                        Actually, decided not to go...

Comment

Working...
                                        X