Nearly every game I play I get connection slow please wait

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nearly every game I play I get connection slow please wait

Hello fellow pool players, not ideal topic for first post but really mad about this slow connection I get nearly every game and I can guarantee a lot of the time it kicks in when I'm running out the balls for the win which costs me a fortune in coins as I play Paris and above tables, think I've lost about 100 million coins since early December it's totally ruining the game and my progress also win rate dropping.
    ​​​​​​I would get this issue now and again been playing since 2015 which I tolerated but stopped playing in 2018 until recently and now started again and this time particularly in the evenings now I am prevented nearly every time to play out for a win.
    municipal have replied focusing on my internet speed,connection and also latest version of minclip etc etc etc but it's only this game I have problems with go figure.
    So has anyone else experienced this phenomenon of game freeze that then takes you back to home screen and more lost coins?

I have the same problem but in my case I know it is caused by my own internet/router in my house.
    In your case it might be because the connection of the internet of your adversary is slow so you get the same message as he/her.

Comment

i get it and we're on 5g,the old waiting for opponents response is really annoying ,wdat response?either shoot or quit

Comment

Originally posted by keith View Post
        i get it and we're on 5g,the old waiting for opponents response is really annoying ,wdat response?either shoot or quit
        Never quit. If the game sits still for a while, look for something else to do. Most times if the problem is on your opponents end, you will get the win.

Comment

Thanks for the replies,
          I've messaged them again today and will be making an official complaint as the past two weeks nearly every game I loose connection returning
          ​​​me to the homepage, nearly every time I'm running out the table for a win.
          it's now cost me 1 billion coins and also dropped my win rate, it's left me thinking shortly I shall be confined to playing London tables as my coins will be robbed from me and left high and dry.
          I have tried everything miniclip advised and made zero difference.
          Of all the things that run off my internet only one has a connection issue!!!!! Municipal pool
          I'll keep you posted as tonight may be the night my coin balance will be nil

Comment

If you press the home button on your phone or tablet, you will get reconnected to the game much quicker.

Comment

I found when using wifi by re setting router and then turning phone off and on works ..

Comment

Connectivity issues can have numerous factors. I'm sure Miniclip has asked you to troubleshoot by using a different device? Connection problems can be one of the most frustrating but hang in there.

Comment

I’ve had this connection slow message dozens of times as well and it always occurs when I’m in control of the table and well placed to win.
                  Iit occurs on my Kindle that’s it game lost! If it happens to my wife on her iPad Pro then some games recover but you’ve only seconds to choose and play a shot..
                  I also hate “waiting for opponent” when you’re in the middle of potting several balls !

Comment

It's been terrible the last few days. And it's definitely not my connection because I got a new router only 2 weeks ago.

Comment

The problem is that this "could" be a legitimate connectivity issue between you and your opponent. Either you or your opponent could be having connection problems on each other's ends or the servers they're connected could be having a hiccup.

BUT it could also (and if you've troubleshooted on different devices at different times to rule out connection issues) and more than likely a cheater/hacker using a cheat. I'm not sure if they're using a hack or just leaving the game. So if I'm playing someone and it's their turn at the table and I hit the home button on my phone to exit out of the game and go to my home screen, my opponent should/will get the "Waiting for your opponent's response, please do not leave the match." and if long enough his screen should be frozen. If I don't return to the game in a minute or longer, my opponent wins the game. But if I do go back into the game in time, his screen will unfreeze and we continue playing. I have had that done to me plenty of times by my opponent and I just wait because they'll either come back or I'll win the game.

I've also seen the "Slow Connection" message and I don't know how a cheater would do that so I always assumed it was really a "slow connection" and was related to connectivity issues. It could very well be something a hacker has figured out how to do. Either way, yes it's super frustrating esp when it results in your loss.

I've know cheaters have a way of freezing your screen and then when it unfreezes, it's their turn and they win the game. It doesn't show "Slow connection" message when they do that. I forgot what it shows or if it shows anything at all. But that cheat is irritating and thoroughly demoralizing when you're about to win and they pull that stunt.

What can Miniclip do about these forms of cheating? They try to catch them but there are millions of players. If it happens continuously, I would take a screenshot of the player and send to Miniclip. With any luck they would investigate and then ban that player's account. Do I take a screenshot every time? No. Because it's not worth my time.

Comment

I've had the slow connection thing when it is my opponents shot, so I don't see why a hacker would do that.

And sometimes I get disconnected when I'm in between games.

Comment

It might "appear" to be happening during your opponent's shot? Do you win these games when it happens to you?

Comment

It was terrible last night, it happened 3 times in one game, between games in a tournament, during the lucky shot and even when I was collecting prizes in the pool pass.

Comment

has it resolved?

Comment

Definitely some form of interference going on as I’ve lost dozens of games to this connection loss malarkey and I’ve never won a single one! Also it always happens when I’ve got into an advantageous position and looking like winning!

Comment

Hmmmmm Miniclip is "supposedly" trying to stop these hackers/cheaters.

Comment

I was playing Cairo yesterday and playing really well when things started getting really jerky on the 7th ball of my break. I‘m an experienced enough player to realise that something funny was happening. Needless to say I ended up hopelessly snookered on the black. Miraculously, smooth animation returned once I had lost control of the table and my ‘American’ opponent cleaned up!

Comment

andrew-1962 Sorry about that Andrew. I know it's frustrating when you're playing fair and a cheater robs you of your coins. Those cowards will hopefully get what's coming to them. I am a firm believer in Karma and she can be a real beotch!

Comment

Working...
                                      X