Cairo ring and beyond.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cairo ring and beyond.

Hi all, I have read a few threads about the trophy system,, but still have questions. On the Cairo icon it says, "30 wins and -23 losses". What I does that mean? Will I still get a ring if I hit the 30 wins? I've gotten to 105 rings, but as soon as I lose it goes down. Do you literally have to win 30 games in a row to get the ring?

Thanks!

Yeah you kinda do this update blows

Comment

Originally posted by Franzie18 View Post
      Hi all, I have read a few threads about the trophy system,, but still have questions. On the Cairo icon it says, "30 wins and -23 losses". What I does that mean? Will I still get a ring if I hit the 30 wins? I've gotten to 105 rings, but as soon as I lose it goes down. Do you literally have to win 30 games in a row to get the ring?

Thanks!
      Hello Franzie18 and welcome to the forum.

First of all, not everyone has the trophy system update like you and I. It started rolling out right before Covid-19 so I'm not sure if the virus slowed it's release or not. But it seems that the rollout has completely stopped. But it is still my understanding that the trophy sys is to be rolled out to everyone... eventually.

I have had long discussions about how it actually works and I'm not an expert on it, but I can answer your specific question about trophies. One of the big questions is how an account is "converted" to trophy sys. If you're a new player and start with trophy then it doesnt' matter, but for us who have an acct that is converted to trophy, there are questions. So for ex, when you lose, it's a minus 23 trophies, but for me it's only minus 21. In my alt acct, my Cairo says Win 30, Loss -21 with my display showing 0/400 Trophies earned so far. So that means every Cairo game won gets me 30 trophies. A loss takes away 21 trophies. However if you are at 0 trophies (for that table) and you play a game and lose, you will still be at zero, you won't be at a negative 21. Same as if you won games and are at 105 trophies like you said you have and you had a really bad losing streak, your 105 will keep decreasing 23 at a time until you hit zero and then it won't go down any further.

But in the end you will still need to have 400 trophies to get your FIRST Cairo ring. Once you've won enough games to reach 400 trophies to get your first Cairo ring, from that point forward you won't use trophies to get a ring. It will be like before where it's just wins and in the case of Cairo, you will only need 24 wins to get your 2nd Cairo ring. There will be no subtracting of wins if you lose. Only your wins are counted and when you get 24, you get your 2nd Cairo ring.

Hope this helps.

Comment

I am very afraid of the trophy system because it will be impossible for me to get the first berlin ring. It is very important for me to need exactly 75 victories for the first ring when I'm ready to play in Berlin. I hope that the trophy system will not be introduced to me, otherwise I will go crazy.

Comment

Originally posted by doo View Post
          I am very afraid of the trophy system because it will be impossible for me to get the first berlin ring. It is very important for me to need exactly 75 victories for the first ring when I'm ready to play in Berlin. I hope that the trophy system will not be introduced to me, otherwise I will go crazy.
          Hi doo and welcome to the forum.
          I share your apprehension. The trophy update is a bit of an enigma to me. Others may have a perfect understanding of it, but not me. How the update affects your account will be based on how your account is currently doing. If you don't already have a Berlin ring, you MAY still get one automatically. I'm not sure why, but in my friend's account, he did not have any Berlin rings, but when he got the update, the game gave him credit for games earned and gave him a ring... his first ring. You will just have to wait and see what happens, but actually waiting for it to happen is another big question because no one has a clue as to when the trophy system will be updated to every one. I heard that is the goal, but that roll out seems to have been put on hold indefinitely.

Comment

Thanks for your message. Now I have won the berlin ring and I still play with the old system without trophies

Comment

I was given the trophy system last week and I hate it !!!

I was close to winning my 1st Cairo ring but now with +25 trophies for a win and -13 trophies for a defeat I’m struggling to get the run of consecutive victories required to hit my 200 target.

This system sucks as last night I was on 175 trophies and I just required 1 victory (25 trophies) to reach the ring. I lost the game to a dubious opponent after a clearance that somehow found me snookered on the black. This put me back to 162 trophies which now means I need to win the next 2 games in a row! Should I lose my next game I’ll be on 149...yes you guessed it ...I then need to win 3 Cairo matches in a row !!!

Comment

I fell your pain andrew-1962
                After I got trophy road, I gave up trying to get another Berlin ring because I was losing more than I was winning. The ONE good thing about Trophy Road is that if you get all way down to zero trophies, it won't go past that and have negative trophies. And when you do finally get all the trophies for your first ring of that table, you won't have to get anymore trophies for that table.

Comment

Update - Cairo ring won so I’m a happy chappy!

Comment

Originally posted by andrew-1962 View Post
                    Update - Cairo ring won so I’m a happy chappy!
                    Congratulations! What's the next ring you're going for?

Comment

Thanks Dave -,Probably aim for Dubai now - Regards Andrew

Comment

Thanks Dave -,Probably aim for Dubai now - Regards Andrew
                        How do you like the new Cue Collection update? You get some nice goodies if you have a lot of cues in your collection.

Comment

Hi Dave - Yes I’m liking it - My “Demon God Cue” now has 11 power / force on a 10 scale which is weird !
                          I’ve also been splashing out treating myself to some legendary cues as I never had any before !

Comment

Hi Dave - Yes I’m liking it - My “Demon God Cue” now has 11 power / force on a 10 scale which is weird !
                            I’ve also been splashing out treating myself to some legendary cues as I never had any before !
                            Yes the best part of Cue Collection are the improved FAST stats of your cues. The bad part is trying to move up to the next Cue Collection level

Legendary cues still remain the BEST cues not because of their looks or their FAST stats, but for their coin paybacks. I wouldn't be surprised if Miniclip comes out with some future update where they introduce new Legendary cues.

Comment

I was pleasantly surprised that the legendary cues had no running costs ie no recharge fees costing pool coins.

However the potential return of up to 100% of the entry fee was a nice ‘sweetener’ to the bitter taste left by my first defeat using a legendary cue defeat. I didn’t expect or get 100% of the 250k back but it was still ok to get 137.5k (55%) back!

Comment

That's a bit of a sore subject among 8bp players... the payback system. Many don't like how Miniclip says "up to" a certain percentage. They want to change that to a "fixed" amount. I don't mind. I just keep playing it even when Miniclip makes all these changes over the years.

I have all 20 of the regular legendary cues so I'm at 100% payback now. Sometimes when I play a London game I might actually get 100% back by getting my 50 coins back! But if I play higher tables, I've never gotten 100% back. Sometimes I'll get back say 8M on a 10M Miami loss so that's 80% which is very rare. Mostly it's anywhere from 2 to 5M back. But hey, whatever I get back... it's better than nothing.

Comment

Working...
                                X