Cue upgrades

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cue upgrades

Hi - I'm a fairly new 8 ball player & I'm confused by all these cue upgrades i.e. Dark Lord 42/2 Bronze cue 87/6 Cow cue 70/6. What am I supposed to do with them????

Hello and welcome to the forum.

Every cue in the game has a set of bars displayed against them in the pool shop. These bars represent the following attributes of the cue.
    1. Force
    2. Aim
    3. Spin
    4. Time
    In the game, the cues could be upgraded if you have unlocked the cue (Either victory or collection), to unlock a cue you can get the "Pieces" of the cue from the victory boxes or surprised boxes, depending upon whichever class of boxes you open. After the first unlock, the cue is added to your owned cues list and it is at level 1. Then, it takes 2 pieces for a cue to be able to be able to unlock the upgrading feature. Then you have to pay a certain amount of coins to upgrade the cue to next level. When you have upgraded the cue from level 1 to level 2 , the first two rows in the cue attributes will have a bar added to each row (one bar of force and one bar of aim would improve when you upgrade the cue for the first time). Then you would need 6 pieces of the same cue to upgrade it to level 3, and now the Spin and Time stats will increase by one bar. Of course, you will have to spend some coins for each successive upgrade. One thing to be noted here is that, when you are upgrading the cues, it is not only the stats which increase but the Cue recharge also increases for the victory cues upon each upgrade. Some cues like Black hole cue, solar system cue, diamond cue etc have their recharge price decreased upon recharging are exceptions. Plus all the legendary cues and Epic cues do not have a recharge price in the first place, at all. So upgrading them will only increase their stats.

Once you have upgraded the cue, you cant revert back to its previous level. So you should think whether you really need to upgrade the cue or not. It comes down to personal choice, some like to upgrade the cues, others don't want to spend the coins on cues which they would not very likely use and some players might even want to stick to the original stats of the cues and get used to it, they might not upgrade the cue because it might be difficult to adapt to the changes in cue stats.

Comment

Thanks for the reply but I'm still a bit confused. My Bronze cue says 86/2 - does this mean I need to upgrade it 86 times???

Comment

Originally posted by mal9999 View Post
        Thanks for the reply but I'm still a bit confused. My Bronze cue says 86/2 - does this mean I need to upgrade it 86 times???
        In That 86/2 the first number refers to the number of cue pieces you already have and the second number refers to the pieces required for next upgrade.

You have 86 pieces of bronze cue. If you want to upgrade the cue to level 2, you will need to use 2 pieces + some coins. . . You can keep on upgrading the cue until either you run out of cue pieces or your cue reaches a max level.

Comment

Hello mal9999 and welcome to the Forum.
          Talha_Sajjad is on point with his answers. You will not find a more knowledgeable person who has been playing this game a long time. My only advice is to go to your Cues tab at the top, then the Victory tab. As you will see, there will be many cues listed with a green oval button on the far right saying something to the effect:
          Upgrade
          XXXXX coins.

That tells you that that cue is "upgradable" to the next Level. You will also see the level that the cue is currently on as well as the 2 flashing dots in the FAST (Force-Aim-Spin-Time) stat graphic. I would encourage you to just TRY and upgrade some cues and you will learn quickly how it works.

Comment

Can someone explain what the purple bars represent in the cue stats. Some of my cues have two purple bars at the end of the aim and spin for example. The next upgrade is shown by a flashing yellow bar (which is at the far right past the purple). Most all of my cues are just green bars. For the life of me I can’t figure out what the purple bars mean.

Comment

Originally posted by CPWUSAF33 View Post
              Can someone explain what the purple bars represent in the cue stats. Some of my cues have two purple bars at the end of the aim and spin for example. The next upgrade is shown by a flashing yellow bar (which is at the far right past the purple). Most all of my cues are just green bars. For the life of me I can’t figure out what the purple bars mean.
              Im a PC player, so i cant really say what its about. But a quick google search threw this up:

https://support.miniclip.com/hc/en-u...sked-Questions

I cant make heads nor tails about it, but hopefully the answer is here for you ?

Comment

Some more info here possibly?

https://www.reddit.com/r/8BallPool/c...lly_add_power/

Comment

That second link explains the purple bars!! Thank you Coolocker, I tried searching and came up empty.

Comment

I have only been playing a short time, but have done a spreadsheet on legendary cue upgrades and assume that most other cues follow the same upgrade requirements. I just don't know what you need for cues that re not legendary.

But to get to level 2 you need 2 extra pieces, level 3 needs 4 extra pieces, level 4 needs 6 extra pieces, level 5 needs 12 extra pieces, level 6 needs 20 extra pieces, level 7 needs 30 pieces. Not sure about the other cues but you need 74 pieces a the lower legendary cues to max out after the 4 needed to get the cue.

I recommend researching and seeing what cue has the best stats and only upgrading the one you want because they all cost coins to upgrade and i wish i could sell my cues i don't use for 50 coins even. However if you are good you can win with a beginner cue

But just ask my dear friend cidercoder i am an idiot and he will find some way to say i am wrong. i am sure of it, but maybe he will call me an idiot because i am not wrong

Comment

Originally posted by Fred Jones View Post
                      I have only been playing a short time, but have done a spreadsheet on legendary cue upgrades and assume that most other cues follow the same upgrade requirements. I just don't know what you need for cues that re not legendary.

But to get to level 2 you need 2 extra pieces, level 3 needs 4 extra pieces, level 4 needs 6 extra pieces, level 5 needs 12 extra pieces, level 6 needs 20 extra pieces, level 7 needs 30 pieces. Not sure about the other cues but you need 74 pieces a the lower legendary cues to max out after the 4 needed to get the cue.

I recommend researching and seeing what cue has the best stats and only upgrading the one you want because they all cost coins to upgrade and i wish i could sell my cues i don't use for 50 coins even. However if you are good you can win with a beginner cue

But just ask my dear friend cidercoder i am an idiot and he will find some way to say i am wrong. i am sure of it, but maybe he will call me an idiot because i am not wrong
                      A spreadsheet ! Seriously ? Have you nothing better to do with your time ?

I presume you've got a pivot table in there somewhere ?
                       Oh No, he's retired !

Comment

Originally posted by cidercoder View Post

Nothing wrong with a good spreadsheet or two - I use one to keep track of my cue collection and another one to assist me in the running my 50 member club !

Comment

Originally posted by andrew-1962 View Post

Nothing wrong with a good spreadsheet or two - I use one to keep track of my cue collection and another one to assist me in the running my 50 member club !
                          He just likes to have a go at me. Probably a bully from a long time ago.

Most of it comes from jealousy because he has seen i can talk to young girls. Same stuff happened to me at school but usually it was 8 people picking on me

i did it to see the percentage chance of getting the best cues and now have firestorm level 4, but doubt i will get it maxed

The F column was how many boxes at the initial openings it would take to get the cue fully maxed, but the stats change.

I spent 2 days doing a ASX share price spreadsheet with a complicated formula to see the best 5 after 6 weeks and the teacher was annoyed because no else had ever done it, but i really like spreadsheets

Comment

Lol no Fred Jones , I love bullying the bullies, that's why you came to my attention
                             Oh No, he's retired !

Comment

My dear friend when you presume that is before (pre) Stupidly Utter Mindless Expressions

And you think I am joke haha

Comment

Lol no Fred Jones , I love bullying the bullies, that's why you came to my attention
                                Who have I bullied?

Show me one example

I can wait. See you in a few hours

Comment

Who have I bullied?
                                  Show me one example
                                  lol, I will let you figure that one out yourself !

Oh No, he's retired !

Comment

lol, I will let you figure that one out yourself !
                                    You can't, so how could i

Comment

You can't, so how could i
                                      Surely you should have said "I can't" ?
                                       Oh No, he's retired !

Comment

Isn't it amazing how some of these so called elite posters hijack a thread with irrelevant garbage totally off topic.

but they are the elite

Comment

Working...
                                        X