slow connection hack?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• slow connection hack?

seems there's yet another exploit, playing normally in berlin until my opponent only has the black to pot but he misses
    now comes my turn but just as i pot my first ball i am getting 'connection is slow' and suddenly it's my opponent's turn while i get 'you ran out of time'
    he gets a free shot but he was a bad player so he misses and as my turn comes he does the above again and i lose my turn but he missed again
    on the third time he finally managed to pot the black and win and it was so blatantly obvious what he was doing and there's nothing i could have done
    i realized today, the more i play this game the more it turns into just a bad habbit. nearly every game i play makes me wonder if my opponent is legit or not

edit: i actually took about 4-5 seconds to pot a ball which is the average time, but as i potted and was about to aim for next, the 'connection is slow' popped
    after the 'you ran out of time' thing, the table was reset to the original position before me actually potting so it must be a variation of the 'going back in time' hack
    Last edited by johndoe; 31-05-20, 02:36 PM.

Yeah mate, i’ve come across this one a few times lately in Berlin. I agree the hacking is a lot more prolific in the last few months.. Used to be quite rare for me, not anymore!

Comment

Originally posted by Tricky View Post
      Yeah mate, i’ve come across this one a few times lately in Berlin. I agree the hacking is a lot more prolific in the last few months.. Used to be quite rare for me, not anymore!
      what annoys me most is that we just have to put up with these and take it because i feel that even if i recorded every single game and provided proof when needed it would fall on deaf ears
      this thing specifically they would probably blame it on lag or my connection or my opponent's connection (that is if they even cared enough to check my reports)
      not to mention the 3rd party aim hacks, how can one prove a player is using these if the game anti cheat cannot detect them?
      i even wonder if they would ban all the accounts i have screened that have definitely either bought coins illegitimately or transferred themselves

Comment

I don’t know - i just treat the game as some free entertainment and go with the flow. Very few hackers in Monaco, so i mainly play there.

Comment

Originally posted by Tricky View Post
          I don’t know - i just treat the game as some free entertainment and go with the flow. Very few hackers in Monaco, so i mainly play there.
          yea i guess, i'm not really playing berlin anymore just occasionally but i still get annoyed when i see stuff like this happening
          coming here to rant on the forum helps as well and most here can understand that it can be frustrating when you keep meeting exploiters

Comment

Yup that's an old "exploit" or whatever you want to call it. I've had it happen to me but it's been awhile.
            I play Miami 10M or Seoul and I rarely run into hackers.

Comment

I often get that “connection slow” nonsense during a game and always lose the game due to being timed out (I play on Amazon Kindle Fire 10) It always occurs when I’m in control of the table and generating a winning situation- My opponent never loses !

My wife encounters the same problem but is often able to recover and even still win the match despite having only a couple of seconds to line up and take a shot when the connection restores (She uses an iPad Pro - maybe the better electronics helps here?)

I also hate been drawn against “guest” players. These characters always get to break - These people have plenty of ego so why play as a guest? Probably got lots of supplementary accounts so that they can come and whop ass...

Comment

Originally posted by andrew-1962 View Post
                I often get that “connection slow” nonsense during a game and always lose the game due to being timed out (I play on Amazon Kindle Fire 10) It always occurs when I’m in control of the table and generating a winning situation- My opponent never loses !

My wife encounters the same problem but is often able to recover and even still win the match despite having only a couple of seconds to line up and take a shot when the connection restores (She uses an iPad Pro - maybe the better electronics helps here?)

I also hate been drawn against “guest” players. These characters always get to break - These people have plenty of ego so why play as a guest? Probably got lots of supplementary accounts so that they can come and whop ass...
                'slow connection' or 'waiting for opponent' is pretty common but it almost never affects my game
                what happened in my first post is something else entirely, as the game just went back in time altogether

Comment

Yes I’ve had that experience a couple of times as well -I’ve potted the black for a win only to find it back on the table for my opponent to pot and win !

Comment

Originally posted by andrew-1962 View Post
                    Yes I’ve had that experience a couple of times as well -I’ve potted the black for a win only to find it back on the table for my opponent to pot and win !
                    That's totally frustrating when I've had that happen to me too. Luckily I haven't had it happen recently. Are you enjoying the new Cue Collection update? I like it.

Comment

Yes I like the cue collection update and it was nice to get some freebies from Miniclip - I had a crazy weekend and I’ve went from having no complete legendary cues to now owning 3 !

Comment

You guys seem to be on wi-fi.... idk but wi-fi doesn't seem very reliable... i'm on a connection with hardwire connection to my router. i very rarely if ever run into that slow connection issue.

Comment

Originally posted by Ryan Cawdor View Post
                          You guys seem to be on wi-fi.... idk but wi-fi doesn't seem very reliable... i'm on a connection with hardwire connection to my router. i very rarely if ever run into that slow connection issue.
                          I play on my phone at home which is connected via WiFi and I don't usually get a Slow connection message.

Comment

i played long enough to distinguish when somebody is forcefully trying to drop connection or slow the game by lagging it
                            surpiringly, haven't had any issues recently (other than the occasional ragequit from opponents when they lose)

Comment

Originally posted by johndoe View Post
                              i played long enough to distinguish when somebody is forcefully trying to drop connection or slow the game by lagging it
                              surpiringly, haven't had any issues recently (other than the occasional ragequit from opponents when they lose)
                              Same here. I can tell from the regular Waiting on your opponent where my opp logged out of the game because I just won vs when my phone freezes because I was a victim of a cheater. Cheaters who use 3rd party hacks are despicable!

Comment

I’ve played a few games recently (and lost them) v Arabic & Asian players which have clearly been ‘interfered with” as the gameplay becomes slow and jerky-It might have been my imagination but I’m sure that the cue ball was moved ever so slightly as well! Difficult to tell when you don’t have a smooth running game. All I know is that this never occurs when playing my friends.

Comment

Knock on Wood... I usually don't encounter a lot of cheaters/hackers. I'm in the US so I don't know if it's because I'm logging into a more stable and/or different regional server? I also play 90% of the time Miami Beach. I hear a lot of cheaters play Berlin and Venice.

Comment

Working...
                                  X