Waiting for your opponent's response

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Waiting for your opponent's response

More and more players use this gimmick to let you wait and try to make you lose your concentration.
    After almost every ball you play and pot, you get this message "Waiting for your opponent;s response, please do not leave the match"
    They do it again and again, very annoying.

When they do it to me, I get back at them by letting them wait till the last second before I play and pot the 9 ball, but I would like to be able to stop this tactic for the losers.
    What say you, do you have the same experience ?

By the way how do they do that ?

Not sure if its an interwebs thingy dhakapapa ?. I get it all the time as well. If it starts from the beginning of the game, i take it thats its a connection problem. But if it starts happening when im winning well, then i just say "oreally" just in case they are trying it on, and then give up knowing im onto them, lol.

Comment

I do not think it is a connection problem. If it were, you would get another message saying "wait, slow connection"
      And it only happens when I have to play, not when they play.
      Often the same SOBs invite you to their club at the end of the game.

Comment

dhakapapa I get that message too and this is how it's usually done.
        When you are shooting, they will exit the game by hitting the home button on their phone. When they do this, you get that Waiting for your opponent message. If they don't return to the game in about 30 seconds, they will lose the game. I believe this is the most common way it is done.

Comment

Originally posted by dhakapapa View Post
          More and more players use this gimmick to let you wait and try to make you lose your concentration.
          After almost every ball you play and pot, you get this message "Waiting for your opponent;s response, please do not leave the match"
          They do it again and again, very annoying.

When they do it to me, I get back at them by letting them wait till the last second before I play and pot the 9 ball, but I would like to be able to stop this tactic for the losers.
          What say you, do you have the same experience ?

By the way how do they do that ?
          Easy....in your browser, just exit... or even better, just go to another web site. Then in 30 seconds or so, just click the Back button so the game loads again.

Comment

I know the part where you log off or switch apps, but as I mentioned before, if you stay "away" too long, you will lose the game. And when you do go back in time, it's not your turn, it just puts you back to where you were when you logged off. It's as though the game "paused" while you were logged out. Hence your opponent's screen "freezes" with the Waiting on opponent message... waiting for you to return. So if you don't return in time, you lose. At least that's what happens with me. In other words, when I see the Waiting message and my opp returns in time, the game unfreezes and I'm back to where I was before. I don't lose my turn. This is what happens with me. I guess it's not the same as you guys.

Comment

Originally posted by d4ve_tv View Post
              I know the part where you log off or switch apps, but as I mentioned before, if you stay "away" too long, you will lose the game. And when you do go back in time, it's not your turn, it just puts you back to where you were when you logged off. It's as though the game "paused" while you were logged out. Hence your opponent's screen "freezes" with the Waiting on opponent message... waiting for you to return. So if you don't return in time, you lose. At least that's what happens with me. In other words, when I see the Waiting message and my opp returns in time, the game unfreezes and I'm back to where I was before. I don't lose my turn. This is what happens with me. I guess it's not the same as you guys.
              For me, when I do that, it's permanent... I leave and don't come back... but I did test it out by playing both accounts against each other simultaneously and that's where I observed what happened when I had one of the accounts leave....

Comment

If you leave and don't come back then you lose the game right?

Comment

Originally posted by d4ve_tv View Post
                  If you leave and don't come back then you lose the game right?
                  Yup

Comment

Working...
                  X