Earned Coins Not Awarded In Full To Club

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Earned Coins Not Awarded In Full To Club

Any ideas why the amount of coins I’ve won differs between my club contribution and my personal tally? This only happened since the new week started yesterday. For example I received 12 coins for winning in London and 5013 and then 5000 for winning twice in Las Vegas. I did splash out and treat myself to 2 legendary cues over the last 24 Hrs would that have made any difference? The cues were purchased legitimately using pool cash bought from Miniclip. I don’t do any of that hacking, cheating or 3rd party purchase nonsense!

Just played Las Vegas again and only 5000 coins were added to my Club contribution. Again much less than it should have been.

Comment

It depends on your rank in the weekly club's competition result at that moment.

According to the competition rules:

rank 1 - 10 = 50% of your points get added to the club's result
      11 - 20 = 25%
      21 - 30 = 12%
      31 - 40 = 8%
      41 - 50 = 2%

Comment

if i'm understanding this right: so if for example I'm in a club and I'm in the 41-50 rankings, I have to really win a lot of games because only 2% of my winnings are being contributed....so a lot more games for me to move up to the 31-40 ranking.... so the lower ranked people have to play and win a lot lot more games than those in 11-20th place? Geeeez, miniclip sure has a scam going on

Comment

andrew-1962 Yes, your observations are correct and the answer is exactly what dhakapapa wrote. Your club contributions vary depending on where you are ranked in your club, so your personal tally will always be the same, but your club tally won't.

Ryan Cawdor You are correct in your observations that the lower you are in a club, the less your contributions and harder it is move up. But I disagree with you about it being a scam. It's actually quite logical and fair. Why? The payout for the clubs that place top 3 are as follows:

1-10: 5% of reward
          11-20: 2%
          21-30: 1.5%
          31-40: 1%
          41-50: 0.5%

So if your Silver I club finishes in 1st place, the top prize for that tier is 300,000 coins. So if by end of the week you're 9th in the club, you will get an additional 15K coins (5% of 300K). But if you're in 43rd place, you only get 150 coins. Why should the person who didn't play as much or hardly any and finished 43rd get the same amount of prize money as the person who played his ass off to be in 9th place? I would be offended if I was the one in 9th place. The club system encourages everyone in the club to play and contribute to the club but at same time rewards the harder working players more than the ones that were zero (didn't win at all). Well typically the captain will boot the players who don't contribute at all.

Ok now having said that and you may have already figured it out as I have. That this sys is not perfect. Why? Because in keeping with the "underlying theme" of 8bp, the club sys like the game itself FAVORS the players who have the most coins and the best cues. So the higher ranked players in a club would typically be the players with a lot of coins and great cues, so they are able to play higher tables like Venice and win 150M at a time... while players in the 41-50 rank may not have as much coins and can only play Shanghai so good luck to them trying to move up the ranks in the club winning only 1M at a time.

It makes sense because Miniclip wants you to keep playing, keep working on your account to increase your coins, to increase your pool cash, to keep playing, to keep opening victory boxes, to keep trying to get better cues... to keep spending your money to replenish coins and to purchase cues from special offers, etc. Would this be considered a "scam"? I can see that, but Miniclip is NOT a non-profit entity. Their goal is to take as much money from you as possible. So I can't blame them for doing what they're doing, but they could do it nicely by offering lots of free stuff

Comment

Originally posted by d4ve_tv View Post
            andrew-1962 Yes, your observations are correct and the answer is exactly what dhakapapa wrote. Your club contributions vary depending on where you are ranked in your club, so your personal tally will always be the same, but your club tally won't.

Ryan Cawdor You are correct in your observations that the lower you are in a club, the less your contributions and harder it is move up. But I disagree with you about it being a scam. It's actually quite logical and fair. Why? The payout for the clubs that place top 3 are as follows:

1-10: 5% of reward
            11-20: 2%
            21-30: 1.5%
            31-40: 1%
            41-50: 0.5%

So if your Silver I club finishes in 1st place, the top prize for that tier is 300,000 coins. So if by end of the week you're 9th in the club, you will get an additional 15K coins (5% of 300K). But if you're in 43rd place, you only get 150 coins. Why should the person who didn't play as much or hardly any and finished 43rd get the same amount of prize money as the person who played his ass off to be in 9th place? I would be offended if I was the one in 9th place. The club system encourages everyone in the club to play and contribute to the club but at same time rewards the harder working players more than the ones that were zero (didn't win at all). Well typically the captain will boot the players who don't contribute at all.

Ok now having said that and you may have already figured it out as I have. That this sys is not perfect. Why? Because in keeping with the "underlying theme" of 8bp, the club sys like the game itself FAVORS the players who have the most coins and the best cues. So the higher ranked players in a club would typically be the players with a lot of coins and great cues, so they are able to play higher tables like Venice and win 150M at a time... while players in the 41-50 rank may not have as much coins and can only play Shanghai so good luck to them trying to move up the ranks in the club winning only 1M at a time.

It makes sense because Miniclip wants you to keep playing, keep working on your account to increase your coins, to increase your pool cash, to keep playing, to keep opening victory boxes, to keep trying to get better cues... to keep spending your money to replenish coins and to purchase cues from special offers, etc. Would this be considered a "scam"? I can see that, but Miniclip is NOT a non-profit entity. Their goal is to take as much money from you as possible. So I can't blame them for doing what they're doing, but they could do it nicely by offering lots of free stuff
            when you put it like that, that makes more sense...from a business perspective on the part of miniclip

Comment

Thanks for the explanation regarding the % of winnings contributed to the club - It makes sense now that I’m back In my usual position among the top players in my club - On Monday many of our members played and accrued coins and obviously positions in our club rank- I was working and unable to do so until later in the day hence my surprise! But thanks for explanation it makes perfect sense.

Comment

Originally posted by andrew-1962 View Post
                Thanks for the explanation regarding the % of winnings contributed to the club - It makes sense now that I’m back In my usual position among the top players in my club - On Monday many of our members played and accrued coins and obviously positions in our club rank- I was working and unable to do so until later in the day hence my surprise! But thanks for explanation it makes perfect sense.
                It's not very transparent, but all that info can be found when you go into your club and tap the blue lower case i, then to the My Club League listing. There tap the blue i button next to Last week's results. Then the Rules tab

Comment

Thanks Dave - This forum is proving to be an excellent source of information for everything about Miniclip 8 ball pool !

Comment

Well glad we can help!

Comment

Working...
                    X