Game is a Joke!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Game is a Joke!

After 18 months I reinstalled this game thinking things would of changed but it’s the same old nonsense!
    From balls bouncing out of pockets to opponents who pause the game return after several minutes and win. Oh & the other thing that most of my opponents have less than half winning percentage than myself and somehow are unbeatable regardless of any know how, they whack the balls up and down the table and win.
    The amount of bots/cheaters is ridiculous but the fact no matter how many times you contact developers and/or MINICLIPS not a soul responds...

Originally posted by RaeCharle5 View Post
    After 18 months I reinstalled this game thinking things would of changed but it’s the same old nonsense!
    From balls bouncing out of pockets to opponents who pause the game return after several minutes and win. Oh & the other thing that most of my opponents have less than half winning percentage than myself and somehow are unbeatable regardless of any know how, they whack the balls up and down the table and win.
    The amount of bots/cheaters is ridiculous but the fact no matter how many times you contact developers and/or MINICLIPS not a soul responds...
    Hi Rae, welcome to the forum. My win% is 71.5 (from 25K games played), and i lost a game the other day to a player with something like 12% win rate. I had plenty of opportunities to win the game, but just couldnt get it done. Its painful, i know, lol. I just wanted to comment on your part about balls bouncing out of pockets. That always seems to happen when the shot is played with a lot of force. When i play, i like to play it slow. I rarely get that now from playing that way. It only really happens when i have no other option but to try a hard shot.

As for "moneyclip", they are a waste of space at the best of times. I sent them a ticket about problems in the game, and they got back to me with a warnjng about cheating, lol. I dont cheat, so that shows you they get it wrong big time.

Comment

RaeCharle5

Sadly ‘our’ game remains polluted by cheaters and hackers. I’d imagine that everyone on here, myself included, is experiencing the same crap on a daily basis.

I cringe now when I’m drawn 1 to 1 against players from certain nations (We all know their countries of origin) I’m regularly drawn against players from Asia (Miniclip must think that the UK physically left the European continent rather than the European Union!)

Unfortunately the game appears to be such a large animal now that it’s maybe beyond Miiniclip’s control. The hackers and cheats are maybe always one step ahead. It’s also possible that they’re unwilling to do anything about it as for every disgruntled player who leaves there are probably several replacements joining up.

YouTube is full of them and I’ve actually seen one of these characters brazenly advertising on the Miniclip Facebook page!

If Miniclip’s on screen claims are correct, 10 million of us play 8 ball each day - Good luck avoiding the scum in that lot !!!

Comment

I appreciate everyone’s feedback but I’m very unlikely to use ultimate power in potting to further explain how balls bounce out of the pockets... I’ve been playing this game on and off for eight or nine years; so I know a thing or two about the evolution of this game. When I’m at the table 95% of the time I pot all the balls and win but very recently I must of played over 17/18 games in a row and lost because of waiting for players to respond and when they do game is over and I’ve lost or some other unexplainable BS & that’s what I have a problem with because I know how good and bad I am.

Comment

Welcome back RaeCharle5 . I concur with andrew-1962 and COOLOCKER . Both have great insight in the game like you.

I've only been playing about 3 yrs, but I consider myself a student of the game. I'm still enjoying it despite all the cons so obviously the pros still outweigh the cons in my situation. As mentioned nothing much has changed since you left other than Miniclip getting richer. Their Marketing Dept continues to be their largest asset. They are continually coming up with new and better ideas to expand membership and to get us to spend more money. Alas that is the goal of any "for profit" company and in a way I don't blame them. Their bottomline is to enrich their stockholders. Period.

Along the way, they will do their best to keep players happy and content and interested. As andrew said, this game has evolved from a simple free app to a worldwide Billion dollar money generating entity. For every disgruntled player who uninstalls the game, there are 3 more new players that just downloaded and installed it.

Comment

Didnt want to start a new thread, and couldnt find one to match my post here so might as well put it up here (Game is a Joke).

Was just playing a chap in Beijing NGL, and my opponent was at the table (moneymick was his name, or something like that). He potted one of his balls and the cue ball stayed on the table. But somehow the game gave me ball in hand??? I was going to let the timer run down and hand back the run of the table to Mick, but in past games where i have done that, the opponent always places the cue ball in a better position on the table to go on and win the game. So i thought sod it, i will just play on.

From the moment i got the cue ball in hand, and all the way through the game i got "you where so lucky" and all sorts of "@*&%???" responses which shows Mick was not one bit happy. But i reckon he must have been sitting there thinking i was using a cheat program. Which brings up the question, how many others have seen this happen and think the same thing? Anyone else have this happen, where you got control of the table when you shouldnt have?

Comment

That's an interesting scenario. I've never had that exact situation happen to me or if it did, I don't remember.

Could it have been he was using some hack and it backfired on him?

Comment

Originally posted by d4ve_tv View Post
                That's an interesting scenario. I've never had that exact situation happen to me or if it did, I don't remember.

Could it have been he was using some hack and it backfired on him?
                The thought did cross my mind Dave, so I had a look at his stats and they looked ok.

Comment

Originally posted by COOLOCKER View Post
                  Didnt want to start a new thread, and couldnt find one to match my post here so might as well put it up here (Game is a Joke).

Was just playing a chap in Beijing NGL, and my opponent was at the table (moneymick was his name, or something like that). He potted one of his balls and the cue ball stayed on the table. But somehow the game gave me ball in hand??? I was going to let the timer run down and hand back the run of the table to Mick, but in past games where i have done that, the opponent always places the cue ball in a better position on the table to go on and win the game. So i thought sod it, i will just play on.

From the moment i got the cue ball in hand, and all the way through the game i got "you where so lucky" and all sorts of "@*&%???" responses which shows Mick was not one bit happy. But i reckon he must have been sitting there thinking i was using a cheat program. Which brings up the question, how many others have seen this happen and think the same thing? Anyone else have this happen, where you got control of the table when you shouldnt have?
                  I experienced what you told yesterday at the Berlin Table.I pocketed a ball and my opponent started playing.Ball in hand ... No foul. I'm also sure I pocketed a ball.
                  I lost a game at the Seoul Table two years ago. I played well but MoneyClip declared my opponent the winner.My denial was in vain, there was no foul again.
                  I got used to this kind of game bug a long time ago.I'm not surprised anymore.

Comment

For what it's worth, in the actual physical game, if you hit the object ball hard into the centre of the pocket there's a good chance that it will bounce right back at you..

Comment

Originally posted by Scottishark View Post
                      For what it's worth, in the actual physical game, if you hit the object ball hard into the centre of the pocket there's a good chance that it will bounce right back at you..
                      Scottishark - I think the problem we’re describing is that sometimes the object ball isn’t even entering the pocket - Some interfering hack or bad programming makes a moderately hit shot rebound even when hit dead centre of the pocket. Opinions are divided on here but given the nationality of the only opponents that I’ve suffered this against I’m a firm believer that it’s a hack!

Comment

Hello Scottishark and welcome to the forum.
                        I think we just need to see a video of this for ourselves to get a better gauge.

Comment

Working...
                        X