I Almost Quit !

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I Almost Quit !

This morning I almost quit 8ball for good.

I had various combinations of the following occur in three consecutive games: Toronto (Indian opponent ) Toronto (Pakistani opponent) and Cairo (Bangladeshi opponent)

1) Waiting for your opponent’s response
    2) Slow connection
    3) shaky game play
    4) moved ball
    5) blocked pockets
    6) potted ball returned to table and “you ran out of time”
    7) Ball deviation

The worst of all was the wonderful arc made by my final coloured ball. It was a straight run along the top cushion. I applied no spin and safely passed the middle pocket jaws (where you’d expect to encounter any deviation) and was half way to my target pocket when the ball described a beautiful curve thus allowing him to pot the black!

Originally posted by andrew-1962 View Post
    This morning I almost quit 8ball for good.

I had various combinations of the following occur in three consecutive games: Toronto (Indian opponent ) Toronto (Pakistani opponent) and Cairo (Bangladeshi opponent)

1) Waiting for your opponent’s response
    2) Slow connection
    3) shaky game play
    4) moved ball
    5) blocked pockets
    6) potted ball returned to table and “you ran out of time”
    7) Ball deviation

The worst of all was the wonderful arc made by my final coloured ball. It was a straight run along the top cushion. I applied no spin and safely passed the middle pocket jaws (where you’d expect to encounter any deviation) and was half way to my target pocket when the ball described a beautiful curve thus allowing him to pot the black!

Wow. Sounds like you ran into the "perfect storm"! I think everyone who's played this game long enough will have one of those days. I know I certainly have. I've slammed my phone on the ground more than a few times... thank Gawd I have carpet. Glad you didn't quit Remember... it's just a game I make myself walk away and cool off.

Comment

Working...
    X