Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Most lopsided mis-match you've ever had...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Most lopsided mis-match you've ever had...

Just curious what others have had for really lopsided matches. When I started playing, I thought it was a *little* lopsided to be playing level 100 guys while I was level 20, and I didn't mind getting beaten up a little as I learned a lot about how the game is played pretty quickly.

But when I had this match today -

...well, let's just say that 1.) I lost , and 2.) this was by far the largest gulf between levels I have witnessed to this point.

After I was done laughing, I decided to pose the question, "What is the most lopsided mis-match you've ever had?"

Ive faced a few at around level 600, and im level 199 at the moment. Dont think ive ever come up against a level above 700 yet? But i think when you reach a level where i am, it doesnt really matter how much more advanced an opponent is when they are a higher level. On the flip side, ive also faced a level 2 or 3 just starting out.

I always think to myself when that happens that the opponent is or would not be happy about it. But when i was starting off in the game, i used to love coming up against the highest level opponent i could play. Thats how i learnt the game to be honest, playing players of a higher caliber and watching them, seeing what they where doing. So when i come up against a lower level player starting out (could be 2nd or 3rd account for them?) i always play. But yeah Bogus, thats some difference in level you got there, lol. Biggest gap ive seen as well.

Comment

I think you've seen me state similar thoughts before, in another thread and time, like you I often wind up playing (and sometimes winning) against people 3-5x my level *now*, so there is learning value in it. I also think there should be limits (otherwise known as load balancing) though to a degree. Ability takes you a ways, but nothing can trump experience, to a point.

Even if you constantly restart characters, I don't think your going to have the experience someone reaching D4ve's level has gained, if you know what I mean. Your own level is high enough to know that.

I still like seeing lopsided match off's though, heh, if anyone has some, pop them up

Comment

This morning started off lopsided in both directions. The first was almost playing levels in an ananagram, my level being 41, his 14. This was my next match, I'm sure I only won cause they quit out (probably in disgust at the 200. wager )

Comment

Hee hee, Later that day, my second match FLED the scene again! Obviously I am just too penny ante for these tremendously leveled players...

Comment

This deck was really stacked, from the level 9 guy's POV. I felt really bad for them

I actually wound up winning this tourney, the lvl.75 was a real challenge / fight to the end, and I was extremely lucky with the lvl. 94 and 142 guys.

Comment

For the purpose of the thread, but this is not the highest level i have played. Came across this player the other day, and they actually played. So a difference of 420 levels for me here:

Comment

I'm curious COOLOCKER, by lvl. 200, I'm assuming you've pretty much learned all the quirks of playing and can pretty much aim in your sleep. Do you find as much difference playing these super high level people as you did when you were say, sub 100?

Comment

Originally posted by bogus6948 View Post
                  I'm curious COOLOCKER, by lvl. 200, I'm assuming you've pretty much learned all the quirks of playing and can pretty much aim in your sleep. Do you find as much difference playing these super high level people as you did when you were say, sub 100?
                  I"m not COOLOCKER but i give you my opinion When playing players over level 200 Usually you get only one shot and often you don't even get a shot. If you do get a shot make one mistake and your done.

Comment

When playing players over level 200 ...
                    If you don't mind my asking, where do you fall in levels nh33fan?

Comment

If you don't mind my asking, where do you fall in levels nh33fan?
                      174 I can play Miami all day long for 100k or less and be paired equal but as soon as i go for 500k or more it pares me up with someone between 250 and 500

Comment

Nice (174). See, I figured by the time you were say, over 150, your amount of experience would cancel out any difference in levels (considering the amount of gameplay needed to get to that level). Is that more or less correct, or do you feel at your level, facing someone say 100 levels higher is almost too much?

Comment

I wouldnt say ive learnt everything Bogus, as there are things still to learn even after all these years playing. Sometimes i would come up against a player and witness a shot they would make that i havent seen before. Then i would try practice the shot. So i would say there is a definite difference. I would have been a lot less knowledgeable back then, and still think there is a lot of room to improve my game.

I can play a decent game, but there are also times when it feels like i cant hit a barn door with a shotgun, lol. Just the last week alone ive been struggling a bit in the game. All the experience playing can sometimes go out the window.

Comment

Nice (174). See, I figured by the time you were say, over 150, your amount of experience would cancel out any difference in levels (considering the amount of gameplay needed to get to that level). Is that more or less correct, or do you feel at your level, facing someone say 100 levels higher is almost too much?
                            Took me a long time to get to that level but 300 plus players are still out of my league. Some performing unbeivable banks shots, as routine shots. Almost like they have a long line cheat.

Comment

I played one player in 9 ball and didn't make a ball on the break. He ran the table using all banks shots. Level 355.

Comment

Bank shots are my weakness, thats for sure.

Comment

All very interesting observations, thanks a lot guys

I'm about 35-50% on banking now (level 41), I often drop down to london when I have lots of time and do nothing but banks to improve

I also find that when I'm the higher level in an uneven match, I'll attempt really outrageous shots, even on higher tables if the difference is a huge amount (I was playing a level 8 today, I let them have the game). I'm an odd duck I guess

Comment

I got matched against an 821 yesterday and he was kind enough to bugger off before the break giving me a free 4 million coin win , but he was gone so fast I didn't even get a chance to screenshot it LOL

Comment

They're leaving the game really so fast.I wanted to play a few games yesterday morning.I was delighted to see my opponent's level. I rubbed my hands.
                                      Because I had never been able to play with a player whose level was maximum before. Unfortunately, I could not play again.
                                      I wanted to kick my opponent's but ... he leaved too fast.I was only able to take a screenshot of the game result.
                                      Thankfully I kicked the butt of a level 751 opponent about a week ago ....

Comment

Just ran across this post. Original poster should post this in 8 Ball Pool section.
                                        Anyway, I've said before that nowadays when I play I don't bother to even look at person's Level# or win%. What catches my eye is their name and the name of their club if they're in one. Then I just play. I'm normally just playing 10M Miami and when I have looked... sometimes they're around my 363 level... other times they're higher but most times they're lower. 10M Miami draws a lot of players more so the lower ranked players because it's the table to win fast money. Why do you think players pop in to try to get a quick Golden Break or an easy combo on the 9. The higher level players (or the more adventurous) play Berlin to Venice because they want to have bigger winning pots than just a measly 10M.

I'll also add this... mismatches may not really be a mismatch so to speak. So maybe some of the game algorithms match players not simply by Level#s. You being a Level200 may be matched against a Level56 bc Level56 is on an 8 game win streak. And/or you have been on a losing streak?!? Also I believe the table you're playing also affects the matching. There is WAY more luck involved with Miami than Mumbai since you don't have to call pockets in Miami and you can make the 9 on the break or piss it in any time during the game and win. So I'm of the mindset that they're probably not going to be as strict about matching in Miami vs opposed to Mumbai.

Yet having said all that and say Miniclip fixes things so you're always matched with the same level, who's to say opponent isn't an expert. For ex, if you're Level50 and you're matched with a Level 50. How do you know that Level50 is not a Level 700 player who started a new account?!? Or he was playing his friend's Level50 account?!? Just play your best and enjoy yourself. Don't put so much stock in your opponent's Level#. Or in my case, just ignore it. I even sometimes cover my opponent's "corner" at the top right corner of my phone with thumb so I don't his stupid text chats or emotes or i'll mute him if I let it bother me.

Comment

Working...
                                        X