Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Most lopsided mis-match you've ever had...

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #41
    Heh, I'm amazed too. Tell me, did you get to shoot at all, or did (they) break and run? Even though I've broken and run a few times, I don't do it often because it seems pointless to even have the match at that point...

    I found it funny that there were enough lvl. 999 players to form a club too

    Comment


    • #42
      Originally posted by bogus6948 View Post
      did you get to shoot at all, or did (they) break and run?
      I got the break and potted 5 balls, it was just a shame that one of them was the cue ball

      Game over


      Comment


      • #43
        LOL! Well, we'll never know if they actually intended to stay or not, sometimes, it takes a second or two for them to figure out I only bet 100 coins, I've managed a break before they flee

        Comment


        • #44
          Well he may or may not have intended to stay but he certainly decided to stay and pot his 5 remaining balls and the 8ball after my utter abortion of a break LOL

          Comment


          • #45
            Hehe, I think after watching you pot 5 balls on the break, they felt they needed to prove they could finish the rack you made them feel so insecure

            Comment


            • #46
              This one had me a bit worried, till they quit out in disgust at my meager amount of wagering cash

              Comment


              • #47
                Originally posted by bogus6948 View Post
                This one had me a bit worried, till they quit out in disgust at my meager amount of wagering cash

                In Monaco ? Well then, either they were disgusted/impatient or at that level they were rich enough to be nice and not take your last coins, which is what I would do on that table for anything less than 500k ( over that and even with all my coins I ain't gonna be that nice to someone I don't know ) LOL

                Comment


                • #48
                  It is the speed they quit out at that makes me think it was disgust, and not sympathy or something else but it certainly could be interpreted that way

                  Comment


                  • #49
                    Originally posted by bogus6948 View Post
                    It is the speed they quit out at that makes me think it was disgust, and not sympathy or something else but it certainly could be interpreted that way
                    Well this one was definitely disgust LOL


                    Comment


                    • #50
                      Heh, I really envy you the level of player you attract (then repel)

                      Comment


                      • #51
                        i am now level 61 but have done the 100 coin in Beijing to get 7 rings from when I was level 20. I got really annoyed when they matched me with people over level 250 and they played. One level 400 was helping me win potting my balls and i sometimes do that for newbies having trouble making shots because I usually get all my coins back. A lot of level 200 plus get really annoyed when I beat them with a black ball bank shot after they do stupid chat crap and some want to play again to get their coins back, I reply "unlucky"

                        Comment


                        • #52
                          i am a sportsman and appreciate being beaten in a sportsmanly manner (it is not snooker) I am level 61 and have only being playing since late May this year. I just played a person (profile pics can be misleading) level 202 who got the break and sunk 5 balls then missed. I cleaned up. I shouldn't say this but I believe in fair play ie go for your ball no matter what, that is how my best friend and I play in real games. he beats the hell out of me but before lochdown crap I was probably about 40% win.

                          My advice is the only thing you have to worry about is the game you are playing. Everyone makes mistakes.

                          this game is way easier than my real life games, we have to start from the break line or behind if we get "ball in hand" and cannot shoot backwards, if you sink the black and another ball you lose. When you touch the opponent's ball the white stays where it is and that is why I hate deliberate snooker fouls. One guy I try to never play when he is losing does a crap snooker, so me and my mate tell people "Don't do a Woodsie" edit i forgot to say if you pot your ball and the opponent's that is a foul but the white stays where it lays and some people do it deliberately. The sad thing is security cameras are at lots of places and not all are those big eye things.

                          I have found relaxing is the best way to play, I checked one guys stats and he had 100% win but only played 4 games. I know they must have been I gotta run giveups because I beat him in Beijing last night. His win % went down to 80.

                          Anyone can and will scratch on the black after sinking it occasionally and you may be the lucky one to play them when you do.

                          I know it is frustrating watching someone denying you a shot, so only bet what you c an afford to lose.

                          Cheers and good luck

                          usuallyt IRL I play stoned and drinking beer

                          Comment


                          • #53
                            i just realised something. just because a player is a higher level than you doesn't mean they have more experience. I have played players with half the games I have played because I used to (and am now) mainly playing Sydney which gives sweet FA XP. Some people must be cashed up and love to gamble, hoping on a scratch or a foul black sink.

                            I know this doesn't apply to levels over 400, but I have seen players over 200 with way less games played than me. I am now 62 because I don't care about leveling up.

                            as i said though tomorrow I may try for a Jakarta ring if my aim is on.

                            Comment


                            • #54
                              I think Fred you are likely to be in an extreme minority as far as playing Sydney only goes, so I'm pretty sure your average lvl 30 or 40 is *not* going to have more experience than your avg. 130 or 140 player. Even in those cases where that happens, someone who had played Berlin is going to have more experience than someone who has limited themselves to a much lower table (bankshots, calling every pocket, etc). If you see what I mean.

                              Comment


                              • #55
                                Originally posted by bogus6948 View Post
                                I think Fred you are likely to be in an extreme minority as far as playing Sydney only goes, so I'm pretty sure your average lvl 30 or 40 is *not* going to have more experience than your avg. 130 or 140 player. Even in those cases where that happens, someone who had played Berlin is going to have more experience than someone who has limited themselves to a much lower table (bankshots, calling every pocket, etc). If you see what I mean.
                                Bogus isn't Berlin just bank the black? It costs 25 mill entry but I sometimes do that for fun. I really like showing off if the player tries to screw me up.

                                Comment


                                • #56
                                  Fred Jones - I really couldn't say, I don't play in Berlin often (I'm actually not sure I ever have hahah), but even so, if your used to putting yourself into a position where you *can* bank the 8 successfully, you have far more experience in playing than your average under 100 levels player, especially in controlling your shots to the degree you can put yourself into the position you want to be in.

                                  Comment


                                  • #57
                                    I'm on level 171 and have a win strike rate of 79%. I've ALWAYS used the basic cue throughout. I've come to realise it doesn't matter who you play, most games are won without one of the players having a shot. So many play the same break which is funny. I prefer a tactical game between 2 smart players. My longest winning streak is 46 and my biggest losing streak is 6.

                                    Comment


                                    • #58
                                      Originally posted by Jammy Dodger 75 View Post
                                      I'm on level 171 and have a win strike rate of 79%. I've ALWAYS used the basic cue throughout. I've come to realise it doesn't matter who you play, most games are won without one of the players having a shot. So many play the same break which is funny. I prefer a tactical game between 2 smart players. My longest winning streak is 46 and my biggest losing streak is 6.
                                      You should fit right in here so Jammy Dodger 75 , as there a good few like minded and skilled players like yourself on this forum. Are you a PC or mobile player? Welcome.

                                      Comment


                                      • #59
                                        today I went into Beijing at level 67 and i met a level 845 player. I will edit this post later to show it

                                        Comment


                                        • #60
                                          Originally posted by bogus6948 View Post
                                          Fred Jones - I really couldn't say, I don't play in Berlin often (I'm actually not sure I ever have hahah), but even so, if your used to putting yourself into a position where you *can* bank the 8 successfully, you have far more experience in playing than your average under 100 levels player, especially in controlling your shots to the degree you can put yourself into the position you want to be in.
                                          true Bogus it probably helps having lots of real experience, but usually in the morning I need to get my eye in. First game i won today after 4 loses was in vegas and that's call every shot as you know, but I didn't show off because he was level 140 plus. today I denied a level 122 and the person didn't want to play again.

                                          I just played jakarta against level 148 and broke really well and glided most balls in the pocket except to get in line for the black. That was a total denial, the player could have bought a drink at a busy bar and come back to see they'd lost.

                                          Last edited by Fred Jones; 09-07-21, 02:17 PM. Reason: Adding a pic finally

                                          Comment

                                          Working...
                                          X