General Chat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by johndoe View Post

ok then i am sorry too, i thought it was all in good fun and yes i was joking and i never meant to cause any kind of upset (even the kinda sus thing, i used that as a funny meme from among us). i wasn't aware you found some of my jokes distasteful and i thought you had a good laugh

thx for explaining tho, i get it now. however i don't have low accounts so rip
    Hey John, I did have a good laugh and I didn't find your jokes distasteful because up until this last one they were all perfectly obvious as jokes.

I guess this last one just wasn't obvious enough for me, and that's even more true with not knowing it was a meme from some game I've never played LOL

So don't let this stop you from having a laugh please, we all need a sense of humour these days even if mine has just had a temporary lapse

Comment

• Nanny Ogg felt bad yesterday but thx nan, i appreciate you and I'm glad we sorted it out

I love my cue! https://i.ibb.co/Mn4F0sm/gg.png

Comment

• Well maybe I drink too much and screw up a bit but i just won 2 jakartas in a row and the first win was a denial, they messed up the brake (I am not sure if that is how you spell it or if it is break).I bet they smiled when they saw a level 78 player was their opponent. I have only been playing for about 2 months online. All other games I have tried online are crap compared to this, I just have to get used to how to control the spin.

Comment

• Originally posted by johndoe View Post
          Nanny Ogg felt bad yesterday but thx nan, i appreciate you and I'm glad we sorted it out
          I'm sorry I made you feel bad John and I'm also glad we can put this behind us, you're one of our best posters here in the 8ball section so don't be put off by some overly sensitive and aggressive old baggage please, it does me good to get a reality check every so often

Comment

• Originally posted by Fred Jones View Post
            Well maybe I drink too much and screw up a bit but i just won 2 jakartas in a row and the first win was a denial, they messed up the brake (I am not sure if that is how you spell it or if it is break).I bet they smiled when they saw a level 78 player was their opponent. I have only been playing for about 2 months online. All other games I have tried online are crap compared to this, I just have to get used to how to control the spin.
            you playing PC or mobile or blue stacks? spin is not easy to get used to, varies a lot depending on your cue stats, distance between your shots and angles and so on
            i'd recommend using the best cue you got to get some consistency maybe even in practice mode to get the hang of it
            even good high level players don't have a good control on the spin and it can be hard to do positional play on long shots specifically
            personally i try to avoid placing spin as much as i can but if you do need spin the closer you are to your shot the easier it is to control it

Nanny Ogg all good nan, no worries, i'm sorry too <3 . i feel the same way, you're a valued member of this community and you post a lot and are very helpful to people around here
            I love my cue! https://i.ibb.co/Mn4F0sm/gg.png

Comment

• Originally posted by Fred Jones View Post
              I just have to get used to how to control the spin.
              As Johndoe says, its not easy to get used to. But if i can give some advice that i think might help, then dont use full spin. Not while your trying to get used to it anyway. As a general guide for myself with a level 4 country cue, if i want to stop the cue ball dead after a shot, i use half spin and half power if my cue ball is at one end of the table and my target ball is center of the table. I then adjust for the spin if the shot is longer or shorter. But half the length of the table for half the spin is what i generally use. But you then have to get used to the angles as well, and from reading your posts i see you play IRL. So then you should be able to judge that as well.
              Last edited by COOLOCKER; 13-07-21, 08:15 PM.

Comment

Working...
              X