Miniciip recognises cheaters but does not act on it

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Miniciip recognises cheaters but does not act on it

I have been posting about this subject a couple of times but got not much reaction to it.

So here I am again with my thesis, and I bring some data with me.
    I have 14 legendary cues which give me "up to 84%" coins back when I lose a game.

I had the feeling a long time ago that when I played someone who was either extremely lucky or a devious cheater, that the pay back was often much higher.
    In many cases, I could almost predict accurately if the player was a cheater, only to see it confirmed by a high, often a 100%, pay back.

On the other hand, when I lost fair and square, the payback would be in the order of about 20%.

So I come back here one more time with my theory/thesis as follows:
    I noted the payback I got after losing twenty games, all of them with a 50K bet in Miami 9 ball.

1. 45,307
    2. 49,560
    3. 10,696
    4. 10,446
    5. 10,313
    6. 10,721
    7. 19,462
    8. 50,000
    9. 11,109
    10. 47,421
    11. 13,445
    12. 13,470
    13. 11,665
    14, 14,342
    15. 9,622
    16. 31,205
    17. 50,000
    18. 31,017
    19. 30,976
    20. 16,117

Looking at those figures, there are undeniably 3 groups of pay back amounts:

1. 10 are in the 20% range
    2. 4 are in the 95 - 100% range
    3. 6 are in the middle,

Groups 1 and 2 speak for themselves, but I have no clear explanation for group 3
    Group 3 might be a reflection of randomness built in to the algorithm or there might be other factors at play, I do not know.

I have screen shots of all those losses, with the names of the players and the clubs they are in.

If my thesis is correct then MC obviously knows who is cheating but decided to let them continue playing.
    If this thesis is correct then many players would be tempted to start cheating. Indeed, why spend real money to get longer guidelines and better cues if MC allows cheaters to play.

TLDR; Miniclip allows cheaters to continue playing and whoever spends real money on the game is a stupid fool.

Hi dhakapapa - For the past month or so I’m getting no payback at all at least once or twice daily and I have upto 100% payback with 20 Legendary cues. This never happened before. Question is, am I being cheated by Miniclip? Or is there a cheat that enables an opponent who can obviously identify a Legendary cue to trouser the payback as well as the game winnings?

Comment

Originally posted by andrew-1962 View Post
      Hi dhakapapa - For the past month or so I’m getting no payback at all at least once or twice daily and I have upto 100% payback with 20 Legendary cues. This never happened before. Question is, am I being cheated by Miniclip? Or is there a cheat that enables an opponent who can obviously identify a Legendary cue to trouser the payback as well as the game winnings?
      This has also happened to me a couple of times during the last few weeks.
      Most if not all those instances was when I lost from very low-level players.
      I am not sure that is the reason tough.

It might also be due to some random element or maybe even the sun spots, who knows?

Comment

Hahaha @ sunspots

Comment

here's my cents and my opinion based on what i've seen over the years:

-as bad MC is i do not believe they have an algorithm that somehow identifies cheaters or as you put it extremely lucky players and gives legit players higher payback should they lose
          -cheaters also do not waste their time playing for peanuts like 50k, they have high stats - mostly win percentage - but also lots of coins and they usually play high stakes tables only
          -they most likely use 3rd party websites or secondary accounts to boost their wins and coins until they move on to berlin or venice and they farm legit players there
          -unless they use an obvious aim hack that you can see they're not even taking the time to position or aim their shots and everything is automated then you won't be able to tell if they are cheating or not
          -a good cheater will play as normal as possible, you won't get to see crazy shots or double or triple bank shots, they will aim normal shoot normal and in most cases play a perfect positioning game for each of their shot thus eliminating the need to do suspicious or trick shots
          -it's very hard for any company to combat cheaters for any game that has any sort of currency and this will automatically invite cheating or exploiting or 3rd party trading and so on
          -you need a lot of manpower if you try to manually respond to tickets or queries or if you try to check each case individually
          -in most cases they will have some sort of auto-detect for known (i say it again, key word is known) hacks because the smart people fly under the radar and don't make their methods public
          -if anybody wants to spend money on cues or to support MC then it's their prerogative, i doubt they receive special treatment if they do but i wouldn't know (maybe faster ticket response or better customer support)
          -i never spend money on games unless i really want to support the developers which i haven't done in a very long time (pre golden era of blizzard games when they made quality stuff)
          -lastly if you want to identify and report a cheater you must provide solid proof, remember - innocent until proven guilty - and i'm sry to say that i don't feel that your above method warrants any proof
          I love my cue! https://i.ibb.co/Mn4F0sm/gg.png

Comment

Originally posted by johndoe View Post
            here's my cents and my opinion based on what i've seen over the years:

-as bad MC is i do not believe they have an algorithm that somehow identifies cheaters or as you put it extremely lucky players and gives legit players higher payback should they lose
            Fine, what you said is logical, so how can we explain the 100% refund of coins I got on several occasions? That 100% refund is way above what I am supposed to get back in view of my leg cues. I was also often receiving 100% paybacks when I had less leg cues.

-cheaters also do not waste their time playing for peanuts like 50k, they have high stats - mostly win percentage - but also lots of coins and they usually play high stakes tables only
            Also logical except that I have encountered a player who started playing when it was my turn, fouled on purpose, and then finished the game ? (I reported him with screen shots)
            Also, I understand that for billionaires like you, a 50K game is peanuts, but for us lesser mortals it is a considerable amount.

-it's very hard for any company to combat cheaters for any game that has any sort of currency and this will automatically invite cheating or exploiting or 3rd party trading and so on
            -you need a lot of manpower if you try to manually respond to tickets or queries or if you try to check each case individually
            -in most cases they will have some sort of auto-detect for known (i say it again, key word is known) hacks because the smart people fly under the radar and don't make their methods public
            -if anybody wants to spend money on cues or to support MC then it's their prerogative, i doubt they receive special treatment if they do but i wouldn't know (maybe faster ticket response or better customer support)
            Fine and agreed, but they should at least try. They must be making a lot of money and spending a little more on follow up on complaints would be a good move that makes business sense.

-lastly if you want to identify and report a cheater you must provide solid proof, remember - innocent until proven guilty - and i'm sry to say that i don't feel that your above method warrants any proof
            I was not trying to report them with my post, I wanted to publish my idea that the game recognises cheaters but in many cases do not act on it.
            Additionally, I have read posts from players that they get a warning to stop using third party hacks. That confirms to me that the owners of the game handle the ban hammer lightly.
            The reporting tool is in my opinion just a way to let cheated players let of steam and think that something is being done about it. Since there is no feedback, how are we to know?

Anyway johndoe, thank you for your reply.

Comment

hey dhakapapa
              -the refund coin system is probably random since it says up to 6% per cue and i don't know how it's calculated, i guess only a game dev can know that
              -screenshots help, doing a recording would be a lot better then you'd have solid proof if a cheater plays on your turn, causes your legit shots to be fouls or even wins when you pot the last ball in your called pocket
              (this is what i'd do now if i wanted to report players but i rather not waste my time with it)

-i guess MC does make a lot of money and are probably trying decently hard to combat cheaters, they probably need way more manpower to follow up on complaints or reports or even customer service
              (it took them 1 whole month once to respond to mine and i didn't get what i wanted just some generic copy pasted answer that they slam most people with)

-i don't know if the game recognizes cheaters while taking no action, they might have a system in place that requires a time span of several days or weeks to identify said cheater and see their playing patterns
              -there are plenty of falsely accused players that get warnings to stop using third party hacks (i know a few legit players here that get them like Nanny Ogg )
              -this is maybe another reason MC is so slow or reluctant to instantly drop the ban hammer on somebody, just imagine all the tickets they'd get from legit players if they did that, even more time consuming crap to deal with

I think I'm one of those guys that has its way with a game and after it runs its course I'm over it and that's how I feel and have been feeling for a while about pool. I do still enjoy playing the game but there's no real goal or achievement that I want. I also shrug cheaters off a lot easier now and they don't get under my skin (unless I play in berlin which I rarely do anymore cause even I don't like losing that much to cheaters). Coming here to vent helps, this forum has a nice small community and we can all relate. Idk wat else to say that I haven't said already, try to play and enjoy the game as best you can and do it your own way.
              I love my cue! https://i.ibb.co/Mn4F0sm/gg.png

Comment

Very well spoken writer of the post, one thing I did realize is CHEATERS/CHEATING has to be an INSIDE job, so MC knows what's going on..... One question of mine is WHY am I getting matched up with single/double digit opponents, I'm at 164, all levels should play against each other I.e. 1-10, 11-20, 21-30, 31-40, you get my drift should be matched together...!!!

Comment

Working...
                X