I finally got my jakarta ring

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I finally got my jakarta ring

It took a lot of hit and miss but I finally got it. I only played 2 players below my level in all the games I played but my win % has gone down to 44.4, but seriously that does not matter. I have denied people and people have denied me. I may have a go at toronto next?

First game in toronto I was losing but then came back but screwed up and the opponent did a c#$t shot and snookered me. He screwed up the black so I am 5% on the way for a toronto ring and got 100K to play with.I do not like the white table.

Comment

Nice going Fred, when starting off i think the Jakarta table is the most difficult.

Comment

Originally posted by Tricky View Post
        Nice going Fred, when starting off i think the Jakarta table is the most difficult.
        Thanks Tricky. I actually found Toronto harder because of the white table. I am not gonna press my luck but so far 2 out of 2 in Toronto. I might get another vegas box..A bit more practice then go back. I honestly doubt that i would get 100% win rate there unless I broke every time and sunk a ball on break.

just got a nice easy vegas box. Wish i could play like this all the time.
        Last edited by Fred Jones; 14-07-21, 12:27 PM. Reason: Extra info

Comment

Grats Fred, when I first started I never played above Sydney for years and it took me a very long time before I got up the nerve to play in Jakarta.

Tricky is right about that table, it sort of feels like you are taking your first steps on the way to playing with the big kids so it's a well earned achievement just to be confident enough to play there, let alone to play there long enough to get your first ring

One thing concerns me though, when you said earlier that you had 100k to play with, did you mean that was all you had left or that winning that game gave you an extra 100k on top of what you have ?

The reason I ask is that if you're playing on the very edge of your stash then it's only going to take one loss to send you straight back to the drawing board.

Most people say that you should never play for a stake that is more than 10 or 20% of your total coins, personally I take that a little further to 5% for that extra safety net as I learned early on that losing everything and starting over is not a place I want to revisit a second time LOL

I believe if you're playing Toronto you need to have a stash of, at the very least, a million coins and preferably 2 million for insurance.
          A losing streak can, and will, happen to the very best players so it's always best to have a cushion to fall back on.

I was going to post a side spin tutorial I found on youtube for you after one of your previous posts, but COOLOCKER reminded me in his reply that you are an experienced real life player so you already know all you need to know and it's just a matter of adapting your knowledge to a computer simulation LOL

Last edited by Nanny Ogg; 14-07-21, 03:38 PM. Reason: Edited the percentages because maths was never my strong point LOL

Comment

Originally posted by Nanny Ogg View Post
            Grats Fred, when I first started I never played above Sydney for years and it took me a very long time before I got up the nerve to play in Jakarta.

Tricky is right about that table, it sort of feels like you are taking your first steps on the way to playing with the big kids so it's a well earned achievement just to be confident enough to play there, let alone to play there long enough to get your first ring

One thing concerns me though, when you said earlier that you had 100k to play with, did you mean that was all you had left or that winning that game gave you an extra 100k on top of what you have ?

The reason I ask is that if you're playing on the very edge of your stash then it's only going to take one loss to send you straight back to the drawing board.

Most people say that you should never play for a stake that is more than 10 or 20% of your total coins, personally I take that a little further to 5% for that extra safety net as I learned early on that losing everything and starting over is not a place I want to revisit a second time LOL

I believe if you're playing Toronto you need to have a stash of, at the very least, a million coins and preferably 2 million for insurance.
            A losing streak can, and will, happen to the very best players so it's always best to have a cushion to fall back on.

I was going to post a side spin tutorial I found on youtube for you after one of your previous posts, but COOLOCKER reminded me in his reply that you are an experienced real life player so you already know all you need to know and it's just a matter of adapting your knowledge to a computer simulation LOL
            thanks nanny but i just had the best game ever. I am a bit drunk and it is 12.10 am and I broke and this c#$t kept taunting me before I broke. total denial and he or she did not let me say good game haha. now I am 3 out of 3 in toronto. he kept saying I am so lucky and other crap to distract me, but i was on fire.

I have 2.39 mill now so it was just winning 100K. the thing is like the leagues and real life you can only count what profit you make. If you bet on a horse etc $1000 and it is a favorite paying $1.20 you only win $200.

But I have to say agin he did not pick up his cue. the funny thing is I sunk one of his balls and it would have been a foul shot IRL but they would have had to play from where the cue ball was
            Last edited by Fred Jones; 14-07-21, 03:23 PM. Reason: real life

Comment

Originally posted by Fred Jones View Post

thanks nanny but i just had the best game ever. I am a bit drunk and it is 12.10 am and I broke and this c#$t kept taunting me before I broke. total denial and he or she did not let me say good game haha. now I am 3 out of 3 in toronto. he kept saying I am so lucky and other crap to distract me, but i was on fire.

I have 2.39 mill now so it was just winning 100K. the thing is like the leagues and real life you can only count what profit you make. If you bet on a horse etc $1000 and it is a favorite paying $1.20 you only win $200.

But I have to say agin he did not pick up his cue. the funny thing is I sunk one of his balls and it would have been a foul shot IRL but they would have had to play from where the cue ball was

LOL that must have been a very satisfying win

PS I edited my first post because I got the percentages wrong, and as I said maths was never my strong point LOL

Comment

the thing is i have played a lot of real life pool. When Nadia got 10 out of 10 in the olympics we used to do jump shots and quite often i would pot the ball and i would call it a Nadia shot before I played it(I can't spell her last name but it was Commonechi and she was the first to get a perfect score) In gamnes I play that is a foul.

I have 2 really good memories. In the tatt shop Duke always picked me as his partner and we played 2 young guys and we were on the black but duke f';ed up and they tried to screw us. The 8 was about 6 to 8 inches on the cushion from the top left pocket. They put their ball in between the pocket as a safety shot and left the white far up the table in the middle and I said "well it's all or nothin'" and smashed it at the right angle and it went into bottom left hard. The other one was in the Empire hotel Kings Cross (red light district, Underbelly the golden mile drugs and stuff) and partnered with a girl who was not really good because I don't really care. Anyway it was her shot and the best thing I could see was a cannon, so I looked at the angles and showed her where to hit the first object ball, it was similar angle to my pic, no where near direct and she got it and hugged me. her and her brother asked me to come back the next day but I had no more money to spend on travel and booze.

I am not going into tornoto again before I go to bed because I have 3 out of 3 there and have only been playing online for maybe 6 to 8 weeks

Comment

LOL that must have been a very satisfying win

PS I edited my first post because I got the percentages wrong, and as I said maths was never my strong point LOL
                  It was a very satisfying win when he said epic game while I was breaking.

I tutor maths

Comment

lets play a game now. you have the advantage i am a biit tipsy

Comment

This was my stats a day or so ago

Comment

What i really like is if i make an error then the opponent sometimes gets too confident and messes up, then i can clean up

Comment

nanny i don't care i am in lockdown and what i would have spent some of it goes to moneyclip as you call it. I just want 2 more archangel pieces and on another day I will tell you how I met a girl with that name who was at school with Tina Arena. search torn a song on YT. I( get heaps of my coins back.She was deaf in one ear and could hardly hear in the other, but i was scorned because I had tattoos. I will never use that cue i just want the extra XP

but as i said i have won 3 out of 3 Toronto games and that feels good. I will have to sleep and get my head together and go for m\ore.

you are lucky I have "won" over 300K this league week and am at zero and last in my team haha

Comment

Originally posted by Fred Jones View Post
                            nanny i don't care i am in lockdown and what i would have spent some of it goes to moneyclip as you call it. I just want 2 more archangel pieces and on another day I will tell you how I met a girl with that name who was at school with Tina Arena. search torn a song on YT. I( get heaps of my coins back.She was deaf in one ear and could hardly hear in the other, but i was scorned because I had tattoos. I will never use that cue i just want the extra XP

but as i said i have won 3 out of 3 Toronto games and that feels good. I will have to sleep and get my head together and go for m\ore.

you are lucky I have "won" over 300K this league week and am at zero and last in my team haha
                            LOL I'm a bit confused now, what don't you care about and why am I lucky ?

Also, Tina Arena didn't sing "Torn" as far as I am aware, it was Natalie Imbruglia.

You've had quite a few ex Neighbours stars make it big over there, it's almost like a training ground for future celebrities and obviously I've always loved Kylie but my favourite song from one of the ex Neighbours alumni is Kiss Kiss by Holly Valance...

PS I'm still being frozen out of the weekly leagues on my mains even though they have both gone back to blue stars, but I'm number 1 in my friends club with 34m ( only because they made it as a chatroom backup and they don't play pool on Moneyclip ) LOL

Comment

LOL I'm a bit confused now, what don't you care about and why am I lucky ?

Also, Tina Arena didn't sing "Torn" as far as I am aware, it was Natalie Imbruglia.

You've had quite a few ex Neighbours stars make it big over there, it's almost like a training ground for future celebrities and obviously I've always loved Kylie but my favourite song from one of the ex Neighbours alumni is Kiss Kiss by Holly Valance...

PS I'm still being frozen out of the weekly leagues on my mains even though they have both gone back to blue stars, but I'm number 1 in my friends club with 34m ( only because they made it as a chatroom backup and they don't play pool on Moneyclip ) LOL
                              yes I was a bit drunk and yr right about Tina, she started on Young talent time.

Yes we had the singing budgie kylie who was at Michael Hutchence's unit when he tried to get a better experience sexually, but denied it.

Comment

Nanny when I first started I watched gameontom on YT until I saw him start a new nic and deliberately try to make them sink the black before they should, using foul shots. I detest players like that, but he did give that % advice although he said 5 times the cost of the game on his road to a billion coins vid.

i have learnt not to jump into a difficult game as soon as I wake up, I now wait at least an hour after I log on and collect my coins. now I don't need the pin all the time to stop clicking the right mouse button. That's good because when I take a break I use right click a lot.especially for correcting mistypes.

the hardest part i am finding is you need spin on the opposite side going left to right, than right to left and also top to bottom, bottom to top. That is how I make a lot of errors and I also am not sure which is my ball sometimes and choose the wrong pocket. haha.
                                Last edited by Fred Jones; 15-07-21, 05:37 AM. Reason: spin

Comment

I started playing and screwed up 4 games in vegas, then I won a Sydney, then screwed up a few more and thought f it I will have another toronto go and now I have 4 out of 4 in toronto. I just hope I haven't jinxed myself

Comment

Congrats man. Do what you want, dont try to be someone else.
                                    Also I note that new accounts (lower/ mid levels 40-80) have easier chances to get the rings. My friend did let me use his account to get some rings for him. I got greedy and played in Shanghai, and got denialed. Returned his account with 400k (he left his phone here for 3 days with 80k in the piggy)...
                                    for me to do that exercise on my level 115 (only account, Eyollan) is insanely unlikely. Hope that makes sense.

Cheers bud

Comment

Originally posted by undiscovad View Post
                                      Congrats man. Do what you want, dont try to be someone else.
                                      Also I note that new accounts (lower/ mid levels 40-80) have easier chances to get the rings. My friend did let me use his account to get some rings for him. I got greedy and played in Shanghai, and got denialed. Returned his account with 400k (he left his phone here for 3 days with 80k in the piggy)...
                                      for me to do that exercise on my level 115 (only account, Eyollan) is insanely unlikely. Hope that makes sense.

Cheers bud
                                      It makes sense because all online games are rigged a bit. btw I am in your club and chat a lot. i never take credit for someone else's work, so no one gets my account. Cheers

Comment

I have a member in My club that Got 18 rings in about 4 hours Pretty amazing watching it happen.

Comment

Working...
                                        X