Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can anyone explain to me more about spin please?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can anyone explain to me more about spin please?

I play IRL and understand spin but the cues have up to 9 points of the 4 stats. I get all the others and 9 is a magical number because every fraction of it is a repeater except for 9/9 which equals one ie full power/spin etc. that means one ninth equals 0.1 repeater and 2 ninths is 0.2 repeater etc.

No video i have found has a comparison of the same shot using different spin points. This is what i want to know> i am using valkyrie with 8/9 88.9% rounded to one dec place. i want to know does more spin help and how does it help.

Can anyone explain because all I can see is it makes some object balls sit in one spot and spin for 2 seconds after a break.

Each cue is different, I find that if I keep changing cues my game play deteriorates. So if you use just one cue repeatedly, you'd get a hang of the spin/force ratios. I think someone like COOLOCKER or Nanny Ogg would do justice to the spin story.

Comment

Originally posted by undiscovad View Post
      Each cue is different, I find that if I keep changing cues my game play deteriorates. So if you use just one cue repeatedly, you'd get a hang of the spin/force ratios. I think someone like COOLOCKER or Nanny Ogg would do justice to the spin story.
      Im the same as you undiscovad , i play by getting used to it. I only ever really played for a long time with 2 cues. The palladium, and my country cue that i am using now. When my country cue got an upgrade, i hit the practice table with it until i was comfortable enough with it.

Comment

Originally posted by undiscovad View Post
        Fully agreed with your comments up until the last part LOL

You can't put me in the same sentence as Jimmy when you're talking about skill, he is ten times better than I will ever be LOL

And even though I am a loud mouthed and highly opinionated old baggage I freely acknowledge that that does not make me any kind of expert, which is a lesson Trump should have learned a long time ago by the way LOL

Comment

Thanks for that people, but nanny why do you keep bringing up the only president in decades who did not start any new wars. You must watch MSM. The current puppet who can't read his teleprompter bombed Syria again Trump stopped funding to isis and I wanted all the refugees to go back and build their land.

this is not a platform for politics. You would do well in farcebook.

Comment

Nanny a good movie you should watch is called Sneakers starring Sidney Pointier, Robert Redford, Ben Kingsley and a few others.

they show you how to manipulate recorded things, just like the news does.

A good book is called the Bilderberg group which shows you how the elites want to control the world and you keep crapping on about one man who they could not control.
            Last edited by Fred Jones; 19-07-21, 12:59 AM. Reason: The group

Comment

Originally posted by Fred Jones View Post
              Thanks for that people, but nanny why do you keep bringing up the only president in decades who did not start any new wars. You must watch MSM. The current puppet who can't read his teleprompter bombed Syria again Trump stopped funding to isis and I wanted all the refugees to go back and build their land.

this is not a platform for politics. You would do well in farcebook.
              Hey Fred

I'm an outspoken and opinionated old baggage, always have been and always will be LOL

Based on your reaction to my negative feelings towards Trump I'm guessing your politics are right wing conservative.
              I place my self at the centre, leaning left, but I dislike the far left woke brigade every bit as much as I dislike the far right evangelical types.

This may not be a platform for politics but that isn't going to stop me from telling it the way I see it whenever I feel like it, and as long as I am free to do so then you are completely free to disagree with me

Since I have a tendency to speak my mind, and will continue to do so until I'm pushing up daisies, it's entirely your choice whether to react to or ignore my opinions LOL

Comment

Originally posted by Nanny Ogg View Post

Fully agreed with your comments up until the last part LOL

You can't put me in the same sentence as Jimmy when you're talking about skill, he is ten times better than I will ever be LOL

And even though I am a loud mouthed and highly opinionated old baggage I freely acknowledge that that does not make me any kind of expert, which is a lesson Trump should have learned a long time ago by the way LOL
                Hehe if you say so

Comment

Best thing you can do for your game (and understanding of spin) is to get on the practice table and keep playing shots until you can consistently stop the cue ball when playing a shot.

The higher spin number on a cue the further away the object ball can be that still allows you to stop the cue ball dead on impact.

Comment

Originally posted by Tricky View Post
                    Best thing you can do for your game (and understanding of spin) is to get on the practice table and keep playing shots until you can consistently stop the cue ball when playing a shot.

The higher spin number on a cue the further away the object ball can be that still allows you to stop the cue ball dead on impact.
                    That is what I wanted. Thanks

I have plenty of time to practice against real opponents atm

Nanny I think of myself as a conservative and right means correct.

I had an operation yesterday cutting a large lesion from my left calf (glad it wasn't right, would have screwed up my tatts) and when I was allowed to leave I walked very quickly out because the anasthetic was still working. Today I am limping and it is a bit sore.

Comment

I have been doing a lot of practice in Sydney (losing about one in 8), vegas (winning 4 in 5) and jakarta (winning 3 in 4) but not using much spin.

My cue I use is firestorm level 3 and it has 8/9 spin.

If i do not use spin purposely (by pointing at the cue ball in the corner) does the cue automatically apply the spin.

I just remembered nanny I am probably more outspoken than you and i will argue about anything I disagree with.

Can someone with experience tell me please? I have been playing online less than 4 months and would like to know.

Comment

The cue ball will be neutral unless you apply spin via the cue ball in the top right corner.

You will see the cue ball deviate and spin once it has hit a target ball off centre, and it will stop dead if you hit the target ball dead centre and full power.

It doesn’t have automatic spin, no matter the cue.

Comment

Thanks for that Tricky. All I wanted in this initial question was good answers, not BS from indoctrinated people about anything else.

btw I don't like the practice table, i am practicing in vegas and jakarta

IRL we don't get guidelines, but we have a much better POV and a bit more time, but the cue tips are usually mush in most bars.
                          Last edited by Fred Jones; 23-07-21, 01:46 PM. Reason: Real life

Comment

Originally posted by Nanny Ogg View Post

Hey Fred

I'm an outspoken and opinionated old baggage, always have been and always will be LOL

Based on your reaction to my negative feelings towards Trump I'm guessing your politics are right wing conservative.
                            I place my self at the centre, leaning left, but I dislike the far left woke brigade every bit as much as I dislike the far right evangelical types.

This may not be a platform for politics but that isn't going to stop me from telling it the way I see it whenever I feel like it, and as long as I am free to do so then you are completely free to disagree with me

Since I have a tendency to speak my mind, and will continue to do so until I'm pushing up daisies, it's entirely your choice whether to react to or ignore my opinions LOL
                            Since my questions have been answered by people who have been helpful I thought I would refute some of your words.

You were born as a baby so have not always been old. Always means always.

As a baby you had no opinions, all you wanted was milk and comfort and shelter, but had no idea.

As I said you must believe the crap the news etc shoves down people's throats. I bet you believe that everyone should get vaccinated and stay home to stop the virus, sorry if i am wrong and I am ready for a rebuttal.

The MSM taught people to hate Mr Trump, but he was the first guy to get the 2 Korean leaders to meet at the border and shake hands, but did not get the Nobel peace prize? He also negotiated 2 middle east peace deals, but did he get it for that. A big no!

Now they have a decrepit old fool who only answers pre prepared questions and has trouble finding the answers prepared for him to say.

They tried to impeach him twice and that was a waste of tax payers dollars. I hope he becomes house speaker in 2022 to stop the demo crap.

Anyway I need to smoke some people on the table and did not attack you personally so did nothing wrong, just pointed out some facts.

this thread should be closed because the question was answered by people who know.

Comment

I just beat a guy in cairo, not bad for a newbie

Comment

Originally posted by Fred Jones View Post

Since my questions have been answered by people who have been helpful I thought I would refute some of your words.

You were born as a baby so have not always been old. Always means always.

As a baby you had no opinions, all you wanted was milk and comfort and shelter, but had no idea.

As I said you must believe the crap the news etc shoves down people's throats. I bet you believe that everyone should get vaccinated and stay home to stop the virus, sorry if i am wrong and I am ready for a rebuttal.

The MSM taught people to hate Mr Trump, but he was the first guy to get the 2 Korean leaders to meet at the border and shake hands, but did not get the Nobel peace prize? He also negotiated 2 middle east peace deals, but did he get it for that. A big no!

Now they have a decrepit old fool who only answers pre prepared questions and has trouble finding the answers prepared for him to say.

They tried to impeach him twice and that was a waste of tax payers dollars. I hope he becomes house speaker in 2022 to stop the demo crap.

Anyway I need to smoke some people on the table and did not attack you personally so did nothing wrong, just pointed out some facts.

this thread should be closed because the question was answered by people who know.
                                Although I've leaned to the left all my life, as I've gotten older I've found that my views have evolved over time and there are lots of things that I am in agreement with on the conservative side of politics, like crime and punishment as just one example.

However there is no denying the fact that the right has always been a haven for racists, sexists and homophobes and I have no tolerance for anyone that falls into those camps, and that is the major reason I dislike the right.

Furthermore, you and I have very different views regarding the orange monster and no amount of "debate" will swing either one of us towards the others point of view so it would be a waste of both our time to keep on going back and forth.

I'm not even going to argue over the "MSM" vs social media news bubbles since both are equally guilty of one-sided propagation of agenda driven propaganda. I read both right wing and left wing news outlets and find it quite funny how the same story can be spun in two diametrically opposite ways depending on the beliefs of the writers.

Anyway, it would probably be for the best if you and I keep our distance from one another in the future in order to keep the peace in here.

If you do wish this thread closed please reply specifically stating such and I will be happy to accede to your request and close it for you.

Comment

Yes close the thread, this is not a platform for politics. It was a question about spin

Comment

Working...
                                  X