Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to distract someone and improve your chances of winning

Two words: Chat bombing.

At the beginning of the game, start out with 'in your face!' and 'you're going down!' and throughout the game, just chat bomb them. distract them, demoralize them.... if they make a good shot, chat 'you are so lucky!' and that might lower their spirits.

You can also lag them out to distract them.... leave the game by exiting the browser or going to another web site...this will give them the message that network connection is screwed, 'please don't leave the game'. But make sure to to come back within 31 seconds or so otherwise you will forfeit the game.

I have post it notes folded in half to cover that crap, but once just ignored it because it was a denial. problem is right now I am in pain and not on my game well.

i use pc and have increased the screen size which has helped a bit.

This POS did it to me all game and if you use a rule (straight edge) you can see it was a denial, but I was too busy to cover his crap.

Comment

My chats are always muted so jokers like the OP cannot distract me with their foolishness.
      If ever the chat facility would allow me to express my true feelings, I would consider switching it on again.

As to the second strategy mentioned, making the player wait with their silly games, I have two response to that.
      1. When it is your time to finally play again, make the joker wait till you are one second away of running out of time.
      2. The moment I see "Waiting for opponent's response, do not leave the game", I am sending an invitation to join the club.

They get the message.

Also, as a bonus : if I am winning the game and I have ball in hand for the last (easy) shot, I pick up the cue ball and perform the now famous "Dhakapapa dance", swirling all over the place, going round the nine ball, visiting all the pockets and at the very end of my time, putting in the nine ball very slowly. Sometimes I raise two middle fingers as well but my opponent unfortunately cannot see that.

Comment

dhakapapa that's a real distraction.
        I keep my chat packs on, cause I like using emojis. Especially since I have a few from a couple pool passes. robot mind blown, Halloween top head off, wild west shoot you are my fav. 1st 2 are when I screw up, last is when I deny the guy. Also, "a glitch in the matrix" for words.

Ryan Cawdor what is funny is after the bomb (in your face, bla bla) and then the guy misses lol. Then I'll also be annoying, using max time to take one shot. "Witch please", "rip", "you're just a prototype",... that stuff is funny though

Comment

from my experience in online games it is always best to play with chat off as it only brings toxicity or it's a distraction and a nuisance to deal with
          I love my cue! https://i.ibb.co/Mn4F0sm/gg.png

Comment

When people chat bomb me, and I have a chance to clear the table, I like to play real slow, take every second I can, pulling the cue back and forth, lining up strange shots, before making the pot, make them wait and wait . . . . invariably they give up and quit lol
             Oh No, he's retired !

Comment

I just got my firestorm cue upgraded to level 3 and it has max time. I was trying it out in Sydney and gave the opponent heaps of chances, he won 2 and then started that crap, so i just beat him.

Need a bit more practice with the extra spin, but should be good and that time will be used wisely, but only if i play with a POS

i am playing pool/8 ball not snooker
              Last edited by Fred Jones; 22-07-21, 04:41 AM. Reason: I play pool/8 ball

Comment

I leave chat on - same as cider when i come across the disconnect or chat bomb gang i give it right back, and play super slow / play safety shots when i could clear the table.

Invariably those that use distraction tactics are below average skill level players.

Comment

Originally posted by Ryan Cawdor View Post
                  Two words: Chat bombing.

At the beginning of the game, start out with 'in your face!' and 'you're going down!' and throughout the game, just chat bomb them. distract them, demoralize them.... if they make a good shot, chat 'you are so lucky!' and that might lower their spirits.

You can also lag them out to distract them.... leave the game by exiting the browser or going to another web site...this will give them the message that network connection is screwed, 'please don't leave the game'. But make sure to to come back within 31 seconds or so otherwise you will forfeit the game.
                  I class this chat bombing as un-sporting behaviour and I really hate it. Going out of the game and coming back is more akin to cheating and I hate that even more - These antics are usually encountered when I play desperate losers - Why you’re advocating that people on this site adopt these dubious tactics I simply don’t know!

Comment

Originally posted by andrew-1962 View Post
                    I class this chat bombing as un-sporting behaviour and I really hate it. Going out of the game and coming back is more akin to cheating and I hate that even more - These antics are usually encountered when I play desperate losers - Why you’re advocating that people on this site adopt these dubious tactics I simply don’t know!
                    You are so right. It is not as sportsmanly as snooker but the pros who can really play have to be quiet.

Comment

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h6B1XncJoD0

not the best quality video but this is what happens to a loud mouth POS. These games unlike our pick a pocket, you have to call the ball going into that pocket

Comment

I recently thought about players like you and also the people who think they can't make a shot and then deliberately touch their ball to snooker me or another opponent. I have had too many lately.

They are COWARDS.

It is a cowardly act, maybe expected by children but not an adult.

I know some really good players(online and IRL) that deliberately do crap like that, but in the good old days, we could take you out in the car park and give you what you deserve. Such a shame I can't reach through the screen a lot of times.

Comment

Originally posted by andrew-1962 View Post
                          I always mute my opponent after they send 1 message. Maybe if they concentrated on playing the game instead of constantly sending emojs and messages and trying to distract their opponent they could win more games.

Comment

Originally posted by nh33fan View Post

I always mute my opponent after they send 1 message. Maybe if they concentrated on playing the game instead of constantly sending emojs and messages and trying to distract their opponent they could win more games.
                            I don't think they really have much skill, hence the reason that they do it.

Comment

Originally posted by Fred Jones View Post

True. Desperate and will do anything to win.

Comment

Originally posted by nh33fan View Post

True. Desperate and will do anything to win.
                                I have had some POS do the waiting thing after my first shot

Comment

Not always the case...I only do it against those who i play before and-or those who are perfectly capable of doing a denial if they have a wide open table and a good beginning shot on the ball... plus if they make a slop shot i'll get fucking angry and go off on them like a ton of bricks....

if two people - me and my opponent - are perfectly capable of doing a denial, then the game can go either way then I'll attempt to distract them.... and fuck those motherfuckers who get lucky with a slop shot...

Comment

Originally posted by Ryan Cawdor View Post

Not always the case...I only do it against those who i play before and-or those who are perfectly capable of doing a denial if they have a wide open table and a good beginning shot on the ball... plus if they make a slop shot i'll get fucking angry and go off on them like a ton of bricks....

if two people - me and my opponent - are perfectly capable of doing a denial, then the game can go either way then I'll attempt to distract them.... and fuck those motherfuckers who get lucky with a slop shot...
                                    That just makes you out like a cry baby. What if that slop shot was aimed for. You then go and throw a tantrum just like a baby> Anyone can miss and they do a lot.

The real question is "Why do it at all?" Is it because you have a winge when you lose?

I wonder how that goes IRL?

Comment

That just makes you out like a cry baby. What if that slop shot was aimed for. You then go and throw a tantrum just like a baby> Anyone can miss and they do a lot.

The real question is "Why do it at all?" Is it because you have a winge when you lose?

I wonder how that goes IRL?
                                      in real life, I'm the perfect model of a gentleman in pool...

I know a slop shot when I see it... there's no way that someone would have an object ball go 2 rails, carom of another ball and go in.

Comment

I recently thought about players like you and also the people who think they can't make a shot and then deliberately touch their ball to snooker me or another opponent. I have had too many lately.

They are COWARDS.

It is a cowardly act, maybe expected by children but not an adult.

I know some really good players(online and IRL) that deliberately do crap like that, but in the good old days, we could take you out in the car park and give you what you deserve. Such a shame I can't reach through the screen a lot of times.
                                        Just to confirm - are you also saying that playing a snooker, otherwise known as a safety, is the act of a coward?

Apologies if I've picked you up wrong!

Comment

Working...
                                        X