Extremely frustrating serious players

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Extremely frustrating serious players

Hi guys, so i want to do trickshots so i am not a boring 8 ball pool player.
    Can anyone please reply to me as to why almost every player is so serious all the time and going for boring straight to the pocket shots ??????
    Are people really that broke that the play so serious for 200 coins ? 200 coins !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!
    I understand new players but players above level 100, what's the deal for the seriousness ? Please, i really wanna know.......

I guess it comes down to the individual. Some like to play indirect, and some dont. Im on the dont like to play indirect side, as im not very good at it.

Comment

From what I have learned if you spend cash (real money) you can get a good advantage going up in levels. I think it multiplies your experience (levels) by 4 times, but you need all of the legendary cues. I have just watched some yt videos and seen what they do. My guess is if a player spent a lot of cash and got all 20 cues they could get to level 100 in a few weeks. That doesn't mean they can play.

I am new and love 9 ball cannons, a quick fast game and you only get 50 shots before you need chalk, so the less shots is better. Chalking costs coins and my bronze cue cost 100 coins every 50 shots and that is a lot. I could play Sydney for that or miami

Comment

I’m with Coolocker, i’m not a fan of indirect. I prefer to play a race to 5.

Comment

Originally posted by Tricky View Post
          I’m with Coolocker, i’m not a fan of indirect. I prefer to play a race to 5.
          How do you do and what is a race to 5?

Comment

As the game algorithms often rob me by inexplicably pocketing the cue ball to hand my opponent a gift wrapped victory I play to win and I take every game seriously !

Comment

Originally posted by Stevo View Post

How do you do and what is a race to 5?
              Playing the same opponent game after game until one of you reaches 5 wins first.

Comment

Play how you want to as long as you’re not cheating, and let others play how they do, even if it is playing 8 ball or 9 ball as intended. Neither is wrong, nor boring if the players are having fun.

I don’t mean anything bad by it, but after playing this game for like 7-8 years now, I’d bet most players are simply not good at indirect / bank shots, let alone trick shots, myself included in that.

Some people are just skilled and know how to play insane shots easily, others cheat, but I suspect the majority of players are like me and just can’t quite understand the angles / speed to do trick shots / bank shots and I don’t think I ever will. I still practice basic bank / cushion shots but still miss them at least 50% of the time.

I still enjoy playing regular pool to kill time, or just something to do when I have time to do so, I don't find it boring at all, and if I don't feel like playing, I don't play. I'm near level 200, have 1.5B coins, and just play casual games for the most part anymore, win or lose I don't take any of it serious at all. Cheaters annoy me, but that is about it.
                I don't play as much as I use to though.
                I play mobile = Android mainly

Name / ID in 8 ball pool.

Comment

Each their own. I play direct mostly as I'm not very good indo. Am level 137, over 9k wins. It's simple pass time.

Comment

Indirect is that like a cushion shot as in winning Berlin? I can do some of those in this game and real pool too. I have found that the guidelines are not true and evn when you use no spin the ball does not travel as it should, but I have built up to 1500 coins so not so bad now. I am still only playing 100 coin games but Miami can be a quick win or loss easily
                    Last edited by Stevo; 03-12-21, 11:31 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Deimos View Post
                      Play how you want to as long as you’re not cheating, and let others play how they do, even if it is playing 8 ball or 9 ball as intended. Neither is wrong, nor boring if the players are having fun.

I don’t mean anything bad by it, but after playing this game for like 7-8 years now, I’d bet most players are simply not good at indirect / bank shots, let alone trick shots, myself included in that.

Some people are just skilled and know how to play insane shots easily, others cheat, but I suspect the majority of players are like me and just can’t quite understand the angles / speed to do trick shots / bank shots and I don’t think I ever will. I still practice basic bank / cushion shots but still miss them at least 50% of the time.

I still enjoy playing regular pool to kill time, or just something to do when I have time to do so, I don't find it boring at all, and if I don't feel like playing, I don't play. I'm near level 200, have 1.5B coins, and just play casual games for the most part anymore, win or lose I don't take any of it serious at all. Cheaters annoy me, but that is about it.
                      I don't play as much as I use to though.
                      I have watched a few trick shot videos and they insane and perfectly timed and that would take many many hours of practice. When I do what looks like a trick shot it is really hit and hope

Comment

Indirect is that like a cushion shot as in winning Berlin? I can do some of those in this game and real pool too. I have found that the guidelines are not true and evn when you use no spin the ball does not travel as it should, but I have built up to 1500 coins so not so bad now. I am still only playing 100 coin games but Miami can be a quick win or loss easily
                        Yeah Stevo. Its basically not hitting your shot straight into the pocket. Cushion shots and cannon shots are the way to play it. Theres probably more to it, but like i said above, i dont play it. As for your winnings and the fact your starting out in the game, heres a bit of advice if i can.

Take your time building up your coins. Give yourself a good cushion of coins before going for a higher stake game. A lot of advice you will see on here is to try and gather up 10/15 times the amount of coins you want to try next. For example, if your thinking of playing for 500 coins for the first time, then try and have 7500 coins before playing. If you win, great. Go again. But if you lose, its so easy to lose all those coins if you continue on the 500 coin table. Steady and easy is the way to go.

Comment

Originally posted by COOLOCKER View Post

Yeah Stevo. Its basically not hitting your shot straight into the pocket. Cushion shots and cannon shots are the way to play it. Theres probably more to it, but like i said above, i dont play it. As for your winnings and the fact your starting out in the game, heres a bit of advice if i can.

Take your time building up your coins. Give yourself a good cushion of coins before going for a higher stake game. A lot of advice you will see on here is to try and gather up 10/15 times the amount of coins you want to try next. For example, if your thinking of playing for 500 coins for the first time, then try and have 7500 coins before playing. If you win, great. Go again. But if you lose, its so easy to lose all those coins if you continue on the 500 coin table. Steady and easy is the way to go.
                          Well I like Miami but looking at higher tiered games. A cannon is not a cushion shot even if the cue ball hits a cushion after the cannon?

Comment

Well I like Miami but looking at higher tiered games. A cannon is not a cushion shot even if the cue ball hits a cushion after the cannon?
                            Well Stevo. My understanding of a cannon shot is any number of balls been struck before your ball goes into the pocket. For example, if im on stripes and i hit one of my balls and that ball hits another of my stripes and goes in, thats a cannon shot (but it can bounce of a cushion and go in without hitting another ball). It can be either the first ball i struck, or the 2nd ball i struck thats goes in, as long as the first ball doesnt go straight into the pocket without hitting any other ball or cushion first. I could also hit one of my balls into an opponents ball, then the opponents ball strikes another of my balls and puts my ball in.

Ive never actually looked up the rules on that, but its the way we played when growing up where i live. It could be different for different countries etc. Maybe some of the other folks will have a different idea on this and post?

Heres a video from an old friend of ours who is a master at the indirect game ( Sunidhifan ). Notice how he doesnt hit any ball straight into the pocket, instead he uses other balls on the table to direct his shots. There many other options for playing the shots as well.

Comment

I have watched a few trick shot videos and they insane and perfectly timed and that would take many many hours of practice. When I do what looks like a trick shot it is really hit and hope
                              Yeah some are insane.

After probably many hours of practicing basic single rail shots, its still hit and hope for me.
                              I play mobile = Android mainly

Name / ID in 8 ball pool.

Comment

I’m the same Deimos, i spent a lot of time on the practice table trying to do indirect denials - i have done a few.
                                Really, the only way to get good at Berlin is to spend a heap if time playing bank shots.

Comment

Well Stevo. My understanding of a cannon shot is any number of balls been struck before your ball goes into the pocket. For example, if im on stripes and i hit one of my balls and that ball hits another of my stripes and goes in, thats a cannon shot (but it can bounce of a cushion and go in without hitting another ball). It can be either the first ball i struck, or the 2nd ball i struck thats goes in, as long as the first ball doesnt go straight into the pocket without hitting any other ball or cushion first. I could also hit one of my balls into an opponents ball, then the opponents ball strikes another of my balls and puts my ball in.

Ive never actually looked up the rules on that, but its the way we played when growing up where i live. It could be different for different countries etc. Maybe some of the other folks will have a different idea on this and post?

Heres a video from an old friend of ours who is a master at the indirect game ( Sunidhifan ). Notice how he doesnt hit any ball straight into the pocket, instead he uses other balls on the table to direct his shots. There many other options for playing the shots as well.

That was good and i might try some of those things. It showed me a whole new way to play

Comment

I am getting better but can't wait to play some real pool. I have never played 9 ball in real life but this game has made me want to. It is far easier than 8 ball and as I said to win or lose. 50 50 chance if you can get the right shot on the 9. No guidelines in life but would like to get a golden break

Comment

I didn't think combos (what you call "canons") were acceptable in indirect pool?

he made a nice ticky (time index: https://youtu.be/MMc3TGJFprY?t=104)...and also on the 9 ball immediately after.... Nice kick shot on that 15. and the carom on the 8 ball was decent.

i sure wouldn't want to play him indirect!

Comment

Originally posted by Vercetty View Post
                                        Hi guys, so i want to do trickshots so i am not a boring 8 ball pool player.
                                        Can anyone please reply to me as to why almost every player is so serious all the time and going for boring straight to the pocket shots ??????
                                        Are people really that broke that the play so serious for 200 coins ? 200 coins !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!
                                        I understand new players but players above level 100, what's the deal for the seriousness ? Please, i really wanna know.......
                                        i feel your pain bro lol, cant really add anymore pretty much covered,

but tbh ive friened quite a few players and understand Epic game and play all bank shots games , so which is nice, You have to ease them in to play games bank shot ect...then pretty cool , Then forget players with billions and trillions just want to smash ya 100 coins lol,

Comment

Working...
                                        X