Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Extremely frustrating serious players

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #21
    Originally posted by Ryan Cawdor View Post


    i sure wouldn't want to play him indirect!
    Yeah, Sunidhifan is a master at the indirect game. Hes actually credited with creating the indirect style of play in the game as he is one of the early players to play it. Hes a member on this forum as well, but i havent heard from him in a long time. Has anyone heard from Jeff lately folks?

    Comment


    • #22
      Originally posted by andrew-1962 View Post
      As the game algorithms often rob me by inexplicably pocketing the cue ball to hand my opponent a gift wrapped victory I play to win and I take every game seriously !
      Yes I have found this out I often go in off when in reality I should not. So I too play all games to win. Can't wait to play Moscow for 500, but need some more coins first. Am up to 1,800 now

      Comment


      • #23
        The entire principal of the game of pool, snooker etc is to know what your next shot will be and how to get there. Good players are pretty much playing 3-4 shots ahead. The knowledge and use of english combined with cueball speed and force are what controls the outcome. I’ve played the real game for 60 years and would be considered an above average player. I don’t believe players purposely set themselves up for bank shots or off the rail shots unless it’s out of necessity. Really good players make the cue ball do amazing things before and after contact. Trick shot guys and bank shot guys aren’t in my opinion that good of players. In this computer generated game there’s a good chance they are cheaters.

        Comment


        • #24
          Originally posted by Sully1950 View Post
          The entire principal of the game of pool, snooker etc is to know what your next shot will be and how to get there. Good players are pretty much playing 3-4 shots ahead. The knowledge and use of english combined with cueball speed and force are what controls the outcome. I’ve played the real game for 60 years and would be considered an above average player. I don’t believe players purposely set themselves up for bank shots or off the rail shots unless it’s out of necessity. Really good players make the cue ball do amazing things before and after contact. Trick shot guys and bank shot guys aren’t in my opinion that good of players. In this computer generated game there’s a good chance they are cheaters.
          Absolutely agree with you about 3 or 4 shots ahead. If i break and pot a ball or 2, im immediately looking for a run of consecutive shots that may be easy, while the game itself is still "calibrating" the next shot. As for the bank shot game theory, that is an actual thing. Players decided a long time ago to have this style of play to make the game more interesting. Thats not to say there no cheaters, because there are many out there. But there are also the legitimate players who play this way.

          Comment


          • #25
            I treat pool as a puzzle game, you have to plan your route round the balls and try and always keep control of the white. But there is nearly always the problem of 'blocked balls' and you have to factor them in as at some point you will have to try and make them unblocked. And always check where the black is to make sure no accidental fouls, but also which pocket or pockets it can go in easily (for your final pot)
             Oh No, he's retired !

            Comment


            • #26
              Originally posted by Sully1950 View Post
              The entire principal of the game of pool, snooker etc is to know what your next shot will be and how to get there. Good players are pretty much playing 3-4 shots ahead. The knowledge and use of english combined with cueball speed and force are what controls the outcome. I’ve played the real game for 60 years and would be considered an above average player. I don’t believe players purposely set themselves up for bank shots or off the rail shots unless it’s out of necessity. Really good players make the cue ball do amazing things before and after contact. Trick shot guys and bank shot guys aren’t in my opinion that good of players. In this computer generated game there’s a good chance they are cheaters.

              Once you get to the point where you are over 90% denials, sometimes it’s good to mix it up.

              Definitely not all cheaters - i know a few players that will perform indirect denials more often than not.

              They just get bored playing straight pool, it’s too easy for them.

              Comment


              • #27
                Originally posted by Tricky View Post


                Once you get to the point where you are over 90% denials, sometimes it’s good to mix it up.

                Definitely not all cheaters - i know a few players that will perform indirect denials more often than not.

                They just get bored playing straight pool, it’s too easy for them.
                Yep, in games in the higher tiers it pretty much depends on who gets the break to determine the winner !
                 Oh No, he's retired !

                Comment


                • #28
                  Agree for the most part

                  Comment


                  • #29
                    Originally posted by Vercetty View Post
                    Hi guys, so i want to do trickshots so i am not a boring 8 ball pool player.
                    Can anyone please reply to me as to why almost every player is so serious all the time and going for boring straight to the pocket shots ??????
                    Are people really that broke that the play so serious for 200 coins ? 200 coins !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!
                    I understand new players but players above level 100, what's the deal for the seriousness ? Please, i really wanna know.......
                    this moneyclip pool game (although the company sucks big time) has physics accurate enough that I use the game to practice.... I play pool in real life and I don't do trick shots in real life....

                    Now if I get in some 100coin game I might jerk off doing some indirect game but not usually.

                    Comment


                    • #30
                      Tricky and I were having some interesting and innocent conversations regarding different aspects of the game and suddenly our last two entries have been removed. Did I hurt someones feelings??? Or is there a glitch

                      Comment


                      • #31
                        Originally posted by Sully1950 View Post
                        Tricky and I were having some interesting and innocent conversations regarding different aspects of the game and suddenly our last two entries have been removed. Did I hurt someones feelings??? Or is there a glitch
                        Probably a glitch, can't see any reason for any of your posts being removed ? But you'd need to get confirmation from a forum admin . . .
                         Oh No, he's retired !

                        Comment


                        • #32
                          Not worth the time. Was just curious. Thanks

                          Comment


                          • #33
                            Originally posted by Sully1950 View Post
                            Tricky and I were having some interesting and innocent conversations regarding different aspects of the game and suddenly our last two entries have been removed. Did I hurt someones feelings??? Or is there a glitch

                            I don’t see any of my posts missing. Didn’t see anything that would upset anyone either. I’d say a glitch stopped your post?!

                            Comment


                            • #34
                              Originally posted by Sully1950 View Post
                              Tricky and I were having some interesting and innocent conversations regarding different aspects of the game and suddenly our last two entries have been removed. Did I hurt someones feelings??? Or is there a glitch
                              Is that from this thread sully? Usually if there is a post deleted, it will show a blank space where the post once was, with the word deleted in that space. Not saying you deleted your own post, but there should be something along the lines of what you see in the pic below:

                              Last edited by COOLOCKER; 12-01-22, 03:11 PM.

                              Comment


                              • #35
                                Might have been me I guess. As I age , this sort of stuff happens more than I care to mention. Thanks guys

                                Comment


                                • #36
                                  Originally posted by Sully1950 View Post
                                  Might have been me I guess. As I age , this sort of stuff happens more than I care to mention. Thanks guys
                                  My advice would be to keep doing mind stimulating things and make it work and this game is actually that sort of thing. You need to sink a ball but where is the cue ball going? You need the cue ball set up to sink the next ball etc. Get some fresh air now and then and try and stay away from the television except for short periods of relaxation. My father has dementia and he watched tv most of the time and it was early set probably because of that.

                                  I agree Ryan the physics in this game is accurate but in real life you play with one cue that the only power it has is your arm. These cues can give you an advantage unlike real pool. In this game it looks like mu (the coefficient of friction) is extremely low., the ball does stop. I have never seen anyone bounce off 5 cushions in one shot, Some tables I have played on are so slow you are lucky to hit 3 cushions.

                                  Comment


                                  • #37
                                    Originally posted by Stevo View Post

                                    My father has dementia
                                    hi ste I'm so sorry to hear that!
                                    Originally posted by Stevo View Post
                                    I agree Ryan the physics in this game is accurate but in real life you play with one cue that the only power it has is your arm.
                                    I think the physics in the old flash version of the game were more realistic, it rewarded skill & not stupidity.

                                    Comment


                                    • #38
                                      Originally posted by Stevo View Post
                                      I agree Ryan the physics in this game is accurate but in real life you play with one cue that the only power it has is your arm. These cues can give you an advantage unlike real pool. In this game it looks like mu (the coefficient of friction) is extremely low., the ball does stop. I have never seen anyone bounce off 5 cushions in one shot, Some tables I have played on are so slow you are lucky to hit 3 cushions.
                                      Yep.... the arm, the stroke, that's what counts.... Yes, alot of these cues with the different powers is bs... Now I'm being hypocritical because I play with a Czar or Galaxy cue and I should be playing with a standard classic cue.

                                      Although I said i don't do trick shots, there is a 5 rail kick that I can do.... put the cue ball at one corner pocket, aim at long rail, it goes 5 rails into another corner pocket.... That's on a 8 foot table with decent felt... Of course the best felt is something called Simonis 860 usually found on 9 foot tables. that is the best in my opinion.

                                      Sorry to hear about your father, that sucks.
                                      Last edited by Ryan Cawdor; 26-01-22, 04:39 PM.

                                      Comment


                                      • #39
                                        Originally posted by Ryan Cawdor View Post

                                        Yep.... the arm, the stroke, that's what counts.... Yes, alot of these cues with the different powers is bs... Now I'm being hypocritical because I play with a Czar or Galaxy cue and I should be playing with a standard classic cue.

                                        Although I said i don't do trick shots, there is a 5 rail kick that I can do.... put the cue ball at one corner pocket, aim at long rail, it goes 5 rails into another corner pocket.... That's on a 8 foot table with decent felt... Of course the best felt is something called Simons 860 usually found on 9 foot tables. that is the best in my opinion.

                                        Sorry to hear about your father, that sucks.
                                        Thanks but nothing I could do to stop him, it onset 30 years ago.

                                        I only play in pubs and their felt is usually rubbish. One place I used to go to you were lucky to hit 3 rails if you didn't smash the cue ball off the table. So they were interesting games.

                                        Edit I just remembered Christmas eve 1989 we drove 60 kilometres to our Aunty's house and I drove home but didn't know the way so followed dad (2 cars) and when I got to a familiar place he turned off and i followed thinking it may have been a shortcut, but no, he went to where he worked because he forgot how to get home. I strongly recommend turning off television and reading or doing something that uses your brain, such as this game. But you need a break from this too.

                                        Comment


                                        • #40
                                          Originally posted by wiccatree View Post
                                          hi ste I'm so sorry to hear that!


                                          I think the physics in the old flash version of the game were more realistic, it rewarded skill & not stupidity.
                                          Thanks but I am only new, read my response to Ryan about dad. What sux is I haven't seen him for 2 years and missed his 80th birthday, but he didn't know. He wasn't with it on his 70th and we had a party for him. But this is off track, I am a serious player and cannot change anything that has happened, so I try my best.

                                          Comment

                                          Working...
                                          X