Mouse Behaviour

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mouse Behaviour

Last few days I have had erratic mouse control and movements in 8ball pool, mostly the shot being played when i have not released mouse button or even pressed it. I would normally message support, but I messaged them previously and they provide no help at all apart from a prepared script reply then say they can't help any further and just close ticket. So there support is zero.

I've tested the mouse on other computers, sites, mouse testers etc and it works perfectly, it is only in 8ball pool it will do this.

Any help would be great thank you. Kirsten

Originally posted by kirstenK View Post
    Last few days I have had erratic mouse control and movements in 8ball pool, mostly the shot being played when i have not released mouse button or even pressed it. I would normally message support, but I messaged them previously and they provide no help at all apart from a prepared script reply then say they can't help any further and just close ticket. So there support is zero.

I've tested the mouse on other computers, sites, mouse testers etc and it works perfectly, it is only in 8ball pool it will do this.

Any help would be great thank you. Kirsten
    I was going to say the mouse could be double clicking, or that the hammers have worn down. Is it an optical or wired mouse? Have you tried another mouse on the device you are using now by any chance? Have a look at the link to see if it can help you. Welcome to the forum btw.

https://www.computerhope.com/issues/ch000253.htm

Comment

Like COOLOCKER says, first thing I would do is try a completely different mouse . . . . at least that would rule out your other mouse being faulty.
       Oh No, he's retired !

Comment

Originally posted by COOLOCKER View Post

I was going to say the mouse could be double clicking, or that the hammers have worn down. Is it an optical or wired mouse? https://www.computerhope.com/issues/ch000253.htm
        it optical and brand new only few days old. i have try other mouse and all do the same thing. it works perfectly everywhere else and in all programs. i've noticed the problem is worse in tokyo, las vegas and jakarta, sometimes moscow it will do it as well.

thank you for link, i looked at everything. i am using raspberry pi4, 8gb ram. My internet is starlink satellite so it is very fast. the mouse is only 1 feet away from the rpi4 so it signal should be good. It is not jerky, i did have problem with it be jerky and if anyone here is use linux add this to you commandline.tx in /boot/ ---- at end of string add - usbhid.mouse=8 and then reboot.

this problem can i call it press problem? as i dont know better word, the press problem only ever happens in 8ball so it is i am sure a problem at their side. the more players online the worse it gets. it is very frustrate cos i am loosing some many game from it haha and i not horrible player.

Comment

Originally posted by cidercoder View Post
          Like COOLOCKER says, first thing I would do is try a completely different mouse . . . . at least that would rule out your other mouse being faulty.
          thank you for answer sir yes i try different mouse to - it do same thing in 8ball pool - but is work fine everywhere else and in all program like first mouse

Comment

just now 7 time it happen in one game in tokyo this is just to much. but in sydney only happen sometimes in moscow maybe once in game. i know after talk miniclip support they will never admit there problem in there system, if you need to confirm this just look at the hundreds of forums all saying about problems in pool from years ago that are still happening now.

like the always connection is slow - miniclip will do there best to blame you and your computer - but if connecction slow how can i get game invites still, see profile and even load 8ball again in separate window and play. they just refuse to say they have problem and fix them. they not care about users

Comment

bogus6948 , you are a linux user. Do you have an ideas why this is happening? Any suggestions?

Comment

kirstenK , do you play the game through the miniclip website?

Comment

kirstenK , do you play the game through the miniclip website?

yes 8ballpool.com
                  i am using chrome browser no extensions or anything added to it. raspian and all software/program is up to date. it not just me, i have a friend who i play pool with a lot and they are having same thing to, other day without me mention they said shots where be played when they not even click mouse button and shot played even when they not release mouse button and they are use windows and laptop with wired mouse.

thank you for you help so far coolocker im apreciate it. oh are you australian just notice the ocker bit that is slang word for australian

Comment

i give up play for some hours now, the connection slow demon is back in town, it hurt my head to much so i go to my radios

Comment

sorry I'm out the games broken.
                      Last edited by wiccatree; 24-09-22, 11:54 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by wiccatree View Post

may be a long shot have you tried logging into the same account on another computer or plug the mouse into another USB slot?
                        i have try on my other raspberry pi4 and same thing i only have the raspberry pi my other one has all sdr stuff on it and wired mouse and still same thing

but whatever the problem was it has stopped all by itself now i get the follow problems -

1 screen freeze a lot as in game but can still get notification n stuff
                        2 it says no ball hit rail even when you can clear see the ball bounce off the bloody thing it does this a lot

Comment

Originally posted by wiccatree View Post

may be a long shot have you tried logging into the same account on another computer or plug the mouse into another USB slot?
                          thank you for you ideas and help

Comment

bogus6948 , you are a linux user. Do you have an ideas why this is happening? Any suggestions?
                            I have ideas, but they would not be viewed popularly I am afraid. From reading the thread so far...
                            1.) Linux or not has nothing to do with it - I play on Linux in a web browser, for instance, but the OS isn't going to be a determining factor here with such a specific issue unless a great majority of people were using that OS and having the same issue.

2.) Miniclip has nothing to do with it - kirsten lists specific tables, and 1 in particular. If it were software related, the tables are the base part of the game and it would affect all of them, so it would literally affect everyone else playing which is obviously not the case here.

3.) Blame has nothing to do with it - Miniclip's support is centered around the game, not outlying factors. They would not be able to resolve this for you.

Issues like this most commonly are down to hardware and/or network. I am not blaming you either, just stating it like it is. In this case, I am leaning towards network. Some indicators from what you said are :

I believe you, the mouse is not likely your issue in this case.

i've noticed the problem is worse in tokyo, las vegas and jakarta, sometimes moscow it will do it as well.
                            Fairly popular tables, lots of activity.

a.) i am using raspberry pi4, 8gb ram. b.) My internet is starlink satellite so it is very fast. c.) the mouse is only 1 feet away from the rpi4 so it signal should be good.
                            a.) I have no experience with rPI's practically, so can not comment on the application here.
                            b.) Satellite internet is fast, but often has latency issues involved simply because of the distances and possible obstacles involved, much like if you were using your wireless mouse to control things from say, another room.
                            c.) From this statement, I gather you are using a wireless mouse. While that can contribute to the problem in other ways, I am not convinced that is the problem here. The simple test would be to use a hardwired mouse, but I believe you already indicated you had.

just now 7 time it happen in one game in tokyo this is just to much. but in sydney only happen sometimes in moscow maybe once in game.
                            I would say luck of the draw at this point it happening vs. not happening. I am leaning towards latency and network jitter at this point.

yes 8ballpool.com
                            i am using chrome browser no extensions or anything added to it.
                            Using a browser and removing all extensions certainly eliminates extensions as the problem, good step to take. You can add your extensions back and see if it makes things worse (or better) at this point as a bonus step.

i give up play for some hours now, the connection slow demon is back in town

whatever the problem was it has stopped all by itself now i get the follow problems -
                            1 screen freeze a lot as in game but can still get notification n stuff
                            2 it says no ball hit rail even when you can clear see the ball bounce off the bloody thing it does this a lot
                            Again, seems to indicate latency or jitter issues with the network between you and the game.

What can be done about it? Unfortunately there I have no good answers.

Some things you can try if the resources are available:
                            1.) Your using an rPi which should be fairly transportable. If you have a friend/family that is game to try it, and the rPi can connect to an ethernet cable, see if they will allow you to test with a hardwired connection you can test on through a non-satellite connection. I think at that point 99% of your issues listed would go away (for that time period).

2.) You can run a trace to miniclips servers (if you can get the address) and see if there are any servers enroute that are causing issues (most likely problem). Your 'fix' at that point is going to be rather limited unfortunately.

3.) You can test for jitter simply by running a hella lot of ping at the end server (again, if you can get an address AND if it is set to respond to ping). If it is and you run a 100 pings (minimum, I'd likely go for more like 1000), it should give you a good idea of the amount of latency and jitter your dealing with. Latency over say, half a second, would certainly give you the problems your having. Jitter will add to the misery.

Sorry I could not give you a better answer, good luck.

Comment

It's obviously something to do with your setup, your kit etc, otherwise the problem would be widespread. Just try swapping out the components one by one until it all works like a dream, Ditch the Raspberry, use something else and see if it works OK. Then use another mouse and see what happens. Then take your kit to a friends' and try their internet. Heck, even try another browser. It has to be something local to you.
                               Oh No, he's retired !

Comment

I was thinking about the steps I wrote, and realized some might not know what 'jitter' refers to. This is a fairly standard looking ping result (25 packets of 64 bytes):

Bytes Source Seq Time Units
                                64 18.161.34.116 1 17.0 ms
                                64 18.161.34.116 2 15.3 ms
                                64 18.161.34.116 3 10.9 ms
                                64 18.161.34.116 4 12.4 ms
                                ----------<snip>-----------
                                64 18.161.34.116 21 11.0 ms
                                64 18.161.34.116 22 15.4 ms
                                64 18.161.34.116 23 12.4 ms
                                64 18.161.34.116 24 12.8 ms
                                64 18.161.34.116 25 11.3 ms
                                Time minimum: 10.80 ms
                                Time average: 13.13 ms
                                Time maximum: 17.00 ms
                                Packets transmitted: 25
                                Packets received: 25
                                Successful packets: 100%

The above shows pretty consistent return times from 11 to 17 milliseconds, and no packet loss (i.e., no loss of information).

If it looked like this, though....

Bytes Source Seq Time Units
                                64 18.161.34.116 1 17.0 ms
                                64 18.161.34.116 2 315.3 ms
                                64 18.161.34.116 3 10.9 ms
                                64 18.161.34.116 4 192.4 ms
                                64 18.161.34.116 5 16.3 ms
                                64 18.161.34.116 6 1000.8 ms
                                64 18.161.34.116 7 510.8 ms
                                64 18.161.34.116 8 11.8 ms
                                64 18.161.34.116 9 415.8 ms
                                -------<snip>---------
                                64 18.161.34.116 23 12.4 ms
                                64 18.161.34.116 24 1200.8 ms
                                64 18.161.34.116 25 11.3 ms
                                Time minimum: 10.80 ms ---------
                                Time average: 608.5 ms ----------extreme difference = jitter
                                Time maximum: 1200.8 ms -------- very bad return time

Packets transmitted: 25
                                Packets received: 21 --------- packet loss
                                Successful packets: 90%

then that would be the problem. Hope that helps.

Comment

This would be a fairly typical trace as well....

Hop Hostname IP Time 1
                                  1 router xxx.xxx.1.1 0.371
                                  2 10.7.248.1 10.7.248.1 10.155
                                  3 100.118.8.222 100.118.8.222 13.216
                                  4 100.120.244.176 100.120.244.176 12.743
                                  5 bost-b2-link.ip.twelve99.net 213.248.102.216 17.400
                                  6 a100us-ic325606-bost-b1.ip.twelve99-cust.net 62.115.156.191 18.409

This tells you what the connections from you to the internet (in this case, 1 to 2 is the router to the network), and then every server that is set to id onwards response time. If any of those show a HUGE return time, that is likely to be a problem as well.

In either of these 2 tests, if you see a return of 500 ms in multiple places, that is half a second and not likely to give you a good experience playing.

Comment

Originally posted by bogus6948 View Post

Sorry I could not give you a better answer, good luck.
                                    not be sorry thank you for you help and ideas.
                                    latency on satellite is typically 21-40ms according to StarLink app which tells you these things.

i honest do not believe it is my internet connection as when this happens i can open new browser window or tab and load the miniclip website just fine.

i have no um not sure of word but i don't believe mini-clip support one bit anymore i emailed re resetting my password here i forgot it and every time i tried i got message saying invalid server response so i email mini-clip and they reply with some ramble about how they cannot remove me from the game and would have to talk to my phone maker or something???? they don't even bother to read.

i really don't think it is my internet as when this happens I can go to any website without any issues. (i refer to the freezing connection slow here - mouse is a different problem)

Comment

what is command to do traceroute and do i have to install it?
                                      also what ip address of miniclip do i use i am sure there would be more than one maybe.

Comment

I can't imagine you not having it installed, in it's most basic form you would run the command from the CLI. This page should give you more than you might ever want to know - https://www.computerhope.com/unix/utracero.htm

also what ip address of miniclip do i use i am sure there would be more than one maybe.
                                        There in lies the rub heh, knowing what exactly to test to. Your problem coincides on tables with high traffic (lots of players on a particular shard/server, etc). I sure don't know the servers they are using, and I am not sure who would either or even how to get that kind of information.

I briefly skimmed the code for the page and debugged the app part of it, but didn't see anything obvious. All may not be lost though.

You mentioned that you are using Chrome (browser choice matters little though you may also want to try FF if you don't mind installing it). Either will have access to dev tools, which will allow you to get a better idea of what goes on when you play. Here I set dev tools in a separate window and played the game as a guest -

- as you can see, this gives you a break down on how long communicatons took for all aspects of the game, loading images, etc. This may actually be your least painful best bet on seeing exactly how the game is playing.

As for it being your internet, it may well not be. As I said earlier, your connection to your ISP's network is just the beginning of a journey, inbetween you and the end of that journey are several servers and of course Miniclips own servers. It may well be any number of things involving any (or all) of those intermediary parts. The suggestion I and Cider made about testing on a hardwired cable ISP is valid, they will use a different connection and latency will be likely as low as it is going to be (provided no issues with that ISP etc. ).

It is just a way of testing, we have already primarily ruled out your mouse, but again, hardwiring a mouse will rule out any wireless possibilities.

Comment

Working...
                                        X