Maximum Lifetime Winnings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Maximum Lifetime Winnings

I always thought that the dollar amount used by Bullfrog poker for my 'Lifetime Winnings' was random. I researched the number (2,147,483,647) and, per Wikipedia, discovered that it is the maximum positive value for a 32-bit signed binary integer in computing. It is therefore the maximum value for variables declared as integers in many programming languages, and the maximum possible score, money, etc. for many video games.

Re: Maximum Lifetime Winnings

Originally posted by QueenieHeart:114095
    I always thought that the dollar amount used by Bullfrog poker for my 'Lifetime Winnings' was random. I researched the number (2,147,483,647) and, per Wikipedia, discovered that it is the maximum positive value for a 32-bit signed binary integer in computing. It is therefore the maximum value for variables declared as integers in many programming languages, and the maximum possible score, money, etc. for many video games.
    It should be but i found many players in this game with higher lifetime winnings. Some of them:

Comment

Originally posted by milospesic
      It should be but i found many players in this game with higher lifetime winnings. Some of them:

Hi milospesic,

Those numbers add up during a player's time at the table. However, the moment they leave they revert back to $2,147,483,647. My stats do the same each time I play. I've maxed out my earnings, but they accumulate while I play at a table (any size table). My new earnings don't show up once I leave and re-enter a table.

The same goes for the "Biggest Win" hand. No player I've seen has a single winning hand larger than $2,147,483,647.

Also, there are many other online games that have this same issue. If they were programmed using a 32-bit integer they max out at that same number.  For example, the stock market in GTA V maxes out at $2,147,483,647.

By the way, I'm sorry to hear about your father. My condolences.

Comment

Originally posted by QueenieHeart:114370
        Originally posted by milospesic

Hi milospesic,

Those numbers add up during a player's time at the table. However, the moment they leave they revert back to $2,147,483,647. My stats do the same each time I play. I've maxed out my earnings, but they accumulate while I play at a table (any size table). My new earnings don't show up once I leave and re-enter a table.

The same goes for the "Biggest Win" hand. No player I've seen has a single winning hand larger than $2,147,483,647.

Also, there are many other online games that have this same issue. If they were programmed using a 32-bit integer they max out at that same number. †For example, the stock market in GTA V maxes out at $2,147,483,647.

By the way, I'm sorry to hear about your father. My condolences.
        Did not know that, it makes sense now. Thanks for the info.

Thank you Queenie, a year has passed

Comment

Working...
        X