This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MiniSoccer FAQs

Hey everyone - we've put together some MiniSoccer FAQs for you. These will also be included (and updated) on our Support Zendesk, where you can leave comments/read comments from other users.

The game is still in soft-launch at the moment, so don't forget to leave any feedback (improvements, bugs, new features, or overwhelming praise) using the Send Feedback button on the gamepage. I've forwarded on the bug reports/feedback you've posted on here so far, but the most efficient way of reporting stuff is via that button as it goes direct to the developers

If you've got any additional questions, post them below.

What is ‘MiniSoccer’?
    MiniSoccer is a soccer game where you can play with and against live players in real-time multiplayer matches with up to 6 people. Create a private room and play with your friends, or join a random match.

How do I join a game?
    You can click ‘Play’ from the main menu and join any of the rooms in the lobby (as long as the room is not full), alternatively you can click ‘Quick Match’ on the lobby screen which will take you to a random game. If you want to create your own room you can do so by clicking Create Room.

When a player creates a Room they become the “Admin” and are marked with a crown. They have special privileges over the conditions of the match and can remove players from the room. They control the start time of a match. If an Admin leaves a Room that still has active players, the Admin status passes to another player. Inactive Admins are kicked from Rooms after 5 minutes if they do not start a match. Rooms are removed from the server if they have no active players.

How do I play the game?
    Use [Arrows] to move around the pitch, You can get a speed boost by pressing [C] and Press [V] to kick the ball if you hold [V] you can perform a more powerful kick.  You can customise your keyboard controls if you wish.

Can I customise my keyboard controls?
    Yes. Go to the options screen, indicated by two cogs and you can customise your experience.

Can I practice on my own before playing against real people?
    The game is Multiplayer only so there are no single player options, however you can set up your own private room to get some practice with your friends before taking on the world.

Can I Invite my friends to play with me?
    Yes, after you have joined a room, click ‘Invite Players’ and copy the link provided and send to your friends.

I only want my friends to be able to join my room. Is this possible?
    Yes, there are measures you can take to ensure that only you and your friends can enter a game, when you create a new room you can do the following:  
    1)You can set a password for access to your room. You will need to let your friends know what the password is.
    2) You can set the room’s visibility to Hidden, you will need to send your friends a link to the room in this case as they will not be able to see it!

Can I customise my private game?
    Yes, when you create a room you can set different game criteria such as Score Limit, AI Goalkeepers, and Time Limit. Play around with the setting and see what works best for you and your friends!

My friend asked me to join their game and gave me a room name, but I can’t see the room anywhere.
    One reason may be that your friend may have created a hidden room and needs to send you an invite URL. This can be found in the gameroom under ‘Invite Players’. Once your friend sends you that link, you can join the room.

Another reason could be that the room was created quite a while ago and is no longer available. How about setting up a new room and inviting your friends?

My Friend gave me a room name and a password, but I can’t see the room.
    MiniSoccer connects players to 1 of 4 regional game servers US WEST (Oregon), EU WEST (Ireland), AP EAST (Sydney), SA EAST (Sao Paulo) based on their location. If you’re connecting to a different server to your friend, you won’t be able to join their room.
    If you can confirm that you are connecting to the same server and you still can’t see the Room, then you need to click ‘Show Private Rooms’ Private rooms are indicated with key icon in the far right hand column.

Can I watch other people play?
    Yes, You can spectate any public room as long as the room isn’t full.

I was Kicked for Bad Behaviour, What did I do wrong?
    You will be kicked automatically for scoring 3 own goals. This is to ensure that one person cannot ruin the game for everyone else. If you are in a private room, then the admin can also kick you out of the game at their discretion if they feel you are behaving inappropriately or being unsporting. We encourage sporting behaviour amongst players and in return you will have a much more rewarding experience.

What happens to players who join a game but do not take part in the match?
    If a player is completely inactive for 1 minute (60 seconds) they will be kicked for inactivity.

How do I ‘Rank Up’?
    You will rank up by playing games and scoring goals. The more games you win the quicker you will rank up!

How can I check my Statistics?
    You can check your player stats by clicking on the Profile button wherever you see it. For easy access you can find it in the top left corner of any menu screen. You can check other players stats by clicking on their profile in the lobby.

The game doesn’t run in my browser, it’s asking me to install a plugin.
    The game requires you to have a Flash Plugin installed. This plugin allows you to play awesome Miniclip games in your browser. You can get the latest plugin here:
    http://get.adobe.com/flashplayer/

The game game me a Connection Error and I can’t get back in the game
    If you have experienced a connection error, we recommend you refresh the page and try again. If you are still experiencing issues, then please clear your browser cache and try again.

How do I clear my Browser Cache
    Internet Explorer
    Click on the setting icon (the cog in the upper right corner)
    Click “Safety” and select "Delete Browsing History"
    Check "Temporary Internet Files" and "History"
    Click "Delete"
    Firefox
    From the 'Edit' or 'Tools' menu, choose 'Preferences' or 'Options'.
    Expand the 'Advanced' options and choose 'Cache' or 'Privacy'.
    Click the button called 'Clear Cache'.
    Click 'OK'.
    Chrome
    Go to the Tools menu (the wrench on the upper right of the browser)
    Click on ‘Clear browsing data...’
    Select the types of data you want to clear
    On the Clear data from this period: drop-down list, select the data you'd like to delete.
    Safari
    From the 'Safari' menu, choose 'Empty Cache...'
    or, Hold down the Option and Command keys and press E.

The game doesn’t run smoothly for me, why is this? / I was Kicked for High Ping
    It might be that your connection to the server is not as fast as it could be, check your ping rate in the top right hand corner of lobby screen. The lower the ping number the better.

Ping is a measure of the time it takes for a packet of data from your client to reach the end server, along with the time for a data packet from the server to return to your client. This is affected by a number of factors, largely by the speed of your connection and your physical distance from the server itself. MiniSoccer, being a fast paced realtime multiplayer game, requires a low ping in order to give you the best experience possible.

Any sort of delay can mean the difference between victory and defeat. To ensure the best experience possible, you should take the following steps to reduce your ping:

Switch to a Wired Connection / No More Wireless
    We recommend always using a wired connection when playing MiniSocccer. Please be sure to disable your wireless adapter when using a wired connection.

Shut down bandwidth hogs
    All network connections have a bandwidth limit; this is basically a speed limit on how fast data can be transferred, and a limit on how much data can be transferred at once. This is dependent on what speeds you are paying your Internet Service Provider for. When you use more than your maximum bandwidth, the speed of your connection will drop. If you are the only person on your connection, or if you are sharing that connection with anyone, use of the following programs on your network will impact your performance:
    BitTorrent programs. Examples: BitTorrent, uTorrent, Azure

Hey Benjo, its a great game you have made and its nice to know more about the game

A few things/bugs I have noticed are:

When playing a 1-on-1 match my opponent often leaves at 4-0 and this makes the whole match pointless because my stats arnt saved.

Refreshing before the end of the game means that your stats don't count for that game.

There are a lot of inactive hosts who dont start the game.

Other than that, great game so far Looking forward to more features being added  
    zzz

Comment

Hi xM4,

Originally posted by xM4:82896
      When playing a 1-on-1 match my opponent often leaves at 4-0 and this makes the whole match pointless because my stats arnt saved.
      We were worried about people exploiting match wins via multi-client quitting, but will be changing this for the next version build. So if you start a player created room on your own, it will not save your match wins. But if the match is started with people on each team, and in-match one team leaves, then they will be disqualified and the remaining team will be awarded the match win.

Note: Goals Scored are always saved regardless

Refreshing before the end of the game means that your stats don't count for that game.
      We can't really do anything about this if you are refreshing the browser page. Your goals are saved as they happen, but we can't issue match wins after a refresh.

We have reduced the Admin inactivity kick timer to 3min (was 5min) and are actively looking into issues with players closing the browser / game and not being disconnected properly from the server. All I can recommend for now is to create your own room with a snazzy title.

Hope that helps.
      Andy (Director / Lead Design) BulletProofArcade.com

Comment

Originally posted by BPArcade:82930
        Hi xM4,

We were worried about people exploiting match wins via multi-client quitting, but will be changing this for the next version build. So if you start a player created room on your own, it will not save your match wins. But if the match is started with people on each team, and in-match one team leaves, then they will be disqualified and the remaining team will be awarded the match win.

Note: Goals Scored are always saved regardless

We can't really do anything about this if you are refreshing the browser page. Your goals are saved as they happen, but we can't issue match wins after a refresh.

We have reduced the Admin inactivity kick timer to 3min (was 5min) and are actively looking into issues with players closing the browser / game and not being disconnected properly from the server. All I can recommend for now is to create your own room with a snazzy title.

Hope that helps.
        Thank you very much

I also have a few questions, if you don't mind:

How long is it till the game is fully released, and what features are you planning on adding?

Also, if you start a match with two people on one team and no one on the other, match wins will count. I'm not sure if you have noticed this or not.
        I am rank 12 at the moment tied second highest ATM, and noticed this can level you up pretty fast.

I saw that you were planning on adding 5-a-side; wouldn't the pucks need to be a lot smaller for this to work?

I thank you for your time given to answer our questions, I am enjoying this game a lot and look forward to the future of it
        zzz

Comment

Thanks xM4,

At this stage, full release is planned for end of next week. We are primarily working on optimizations and bug fixes at this stage, but one new feature will be in-match Emotes with speech bubbles for some basic player to player communication.

We'll look into that player created rooms and match win exploit, ta.

Regarding 5-aside - we originally had 4v4 and 5v5 but the pitch was too full, so we reduced it to 3v3. We are considering a larger pitch for a later phase 2 of the game.

Regarding 'phase 2' - which is all unconfirmed, so take it with a grain of salt, we would like to setup player teams and tournaments, in-game text chat, in-progress match joining (allowing you to join an already running match) and basically expand the player levelling / ranks / awards so as a player you can get more of a 'career mode' going. But again, that's basically just my wishlist for now - so I can't really talk any more about this stuff.

Hope that helps!

Comment

Originally posted by BPArcade:82994
            Thanks xM4,

At this stage, full release is planned for end of next week. We are primarily working on optimizations and bug fixes at this stage, but one new feature will be in-match Emotes with speech bubbles for some basic player to player communication.

Regarding 5-aside - we originally had 4v4 and 5v5 but the pitch was too full, so we reduced it to 3v3. We are considering a larger pitch for a later phase 2 of the game.

Regarding 'phase 2' - which is all unconfirmed, so take it with a grain of salt, we would like to setup player teams and tournaments, in-game text chat, in-progress match joining (allowing you to join an already running match) and basically expand the player levelling / ranks / awards so as a player you can get more of a 'career mode' going. But again, that's basically just my wishlist for now - so I can't really talk any more about this stuff.

Hope that helps!
            Thanks a lot for the answers

I can't wait for the win is awarded if other team leaves because I have lost about 30-40 wins from other people leaving in 1v1s.

Also, is there a level cap as of yet?

Looking forward to full release, ill try to keep you informed on stuff I find
            zzz

Comment

Originally posted by xM4:83024
              Originally posted by BPArcade:82994
              Thanks xM4,

Hope that helps!
              Thanks a lot for the answers

I can't wait for the win is awarded if other team leaves because I have lost about 30-40 wins from other people leaving in 1v1s.

Also, is there a level cap as of yet?

Looking forward to full release, ill try to keep you informed on stuff I find
              No problem, probably the best place to post questions / feedback is in my dev intro thread here: http://wwwomf.myfanforum.org/about3804.html

Cheers

Comment

BPArcade, I saw this post and added to the other title.

You can adjust the title to your liking by clicking on "Edit Post" on the first post of the thread.
                http://www.miniclip.com/user/5323529/en/

Check out my page linked above and challenge my scores.

Comment

A question I wanted to ask: Is there a level cap in this game?
                  Should there be a level cap?
                  Also, does winning games help more than scoring goals?

zzz

Comment

Working...
                  X