Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

don't need to get nerf'd, the bot has only lvl 3 armor... that's why u need good close combat ability.
    CLICK HERE to join: Robot Rage Survivors!

Comment

Originally posted by Jeigh:37095
      Originally posted by m4rt1n:37093
      Or alternatively, extent the recharge time of the magnet to something similar to the mortar.

One thing I see is we both agree something needs to be done to stop the constant magnetism.

If a longer recharge is added then there has to be a bigger damage output, hopefully scalling on Distance Traveled where length is a multiplier starting at 1. This will be an incentive.

Explanation: If there is a recharge time then after the first dash Quasar users are going to be vulnerable to direct hits. That is a big penalty, I think.

I suggest: The Magnet be limited to 5 consecutive dashes at lv1 and then 15 dashes at lv5. Once the Magnet is exhausted it requires a re-charge time!

This will fix the following, infinite Dash, Guys trying to get out of pits with dash, wall climbing, Spam.

I love the MAGNET and I dont want it to get nerfed.

--I like this conversation
      IMO thats why the teleport fits well, and if used correctly I can see where the devs are going with this bot.
      http://www.miniclip.com/user/5323529/en/

Check out my page linked above and challenge my scores.

Comment

Please at least pop up the name of your opponent for a split second or two. This way even if you can't choose who you play, you can at least recognize who you are playing and establish some kind of recognition which increases the enjoyment you get out of playing someone.

Right now i have to literally pull up to someone or get behind them to see their name, taking up precious seconds that I could be using to either plan a strategic move if its a known difficult opponent or smashing them to bits, and getting an extra 500 points for time bonus.

Comment

Originally posted by m4rt1n:37093
          Or alternatively, extent the recharge time of the magnet to something similar to the mortar.

One thing I see is we both agree something needs to be done to stop the constant magnetism.
          If you nerf Quasar's magnet for being spammed too much, you may as well nerf sonic boom for pushing too much, or hammer for hitting too fast and making you lose.

Magnet spam has clear disadvantages which any user of it will recognize. Any of the following situations are prone to happen when you using magnet spam.

1. your target moves and you hit the wall instead of your target, putting you in a bad place.

2. you get sent behind your opponent, again putting you in a bad place.

3. you land in a fire or pit when targeting an opponent near a fire or pit

4. you get sent off the edge of the map when spamming too fast.

5. you get sent flying putting you in a bad place

6. your opponent has armor and missiles and blows you up every time youget close from in front

7. your opponent has armor and mines and blows you up every time you get close from behind

I could go on.

So no, I wouldn't call magnet overpowered.

Comment

Sonic Boom is already limited based on the ammo amount.  You cannot spam sonic boom the same way you spam the magnet.

Then again I think the bots are thus far balanced and nothing needs to be changed.

Even crash is perfect as is as it motivates you to stop using and move to another bot.  If they added an awesome weapon to crash it would work just the opoosite of its original intent.  

Stats, however should be for each bot and not part of a collective.  

Magnet should also work on the power -ups
            http://s1.miniclip.freeaquazoo.com/u...p?UID=10015592

Comment

Magnet is perfect at it is now. I'm pretty sure magnet wont be so strong against Venom and Bolt so calm down and let it as it is

Comment

Please remove magnet from the game as Max thinks its perfect
                http://s1.miniclip.freeaquazoo.com/u...p?UID=10015592

Comment

Originally posted by American Girl:37283
                  Please remove magnet from the game as Max thinks its perfect
                  lol

Comment

I know there's been loads of talk about rearranging the buttons and custom specified buttons but I just realised that using the control button while driving on a Mac with OS X Mountain Lion will switch from desktop to dashboard or give you the selection on the top, get's annoying and means you can't check around you.

Food for thought.

Comment

I think the Quasar is fine I just wish the X attack didn't dodge the X attacks on my Bite. It's weird because they will spam the X on me when my back is against the wall and my X attack seems to be getting dodged or something, it makes me angry...

Comment

Originally posted by theboom123:37390
                        I think the Quasar is fine I just wish the X attack didn't dodge the X attacks on my Bite. It's weird because they will spam the X on me when my back is against the wall and my X attack seems to be getting dodged or something, it makes me angry...
                        It sounds like lag to me. Quite a common issue, and something to anticipate, although some players lag a lot more than others.

I just had a game where the opponents lag was so bad I think he/she was on dial up. They just jumped position the entire game. :?
                        http://www.miniclip.com/user/5323529/en/

Check out my page linked above and challenge my scores.

Comment

Originally posted by m4rt1n:37392
                          Originally posted by theboom123:37390
                          It sounds like lag to me. Quite a common issue, and something to anticipate, although some players lag a lot more than others.

I just had a game where the opponents lag was so bad I think he/she was on dial up. They just jumped position the entire game. :?
                          It's not lag trust me... try shooting or hitting a quasar while it is using it's magnet on you, they will always dodge the firearm(idk about flamethrowerer) and always dodge your X attack. I can understand the firearm being dodged but the X being dodged is just ridiculous no matter how well you aim. I've had other people face the same problem as this and admit even taking advantage of it when I'm using my own Quasar.

Comment

The lazer sucks.Please make it to do more damage lol... I think that if you hit with it 100% it should damage the same as 8 big rockets.So it would be nice if you improve that.Because the lazer currently is too bad...lol
                            My Miniclip channel http://www.youtube.com/user/roberto97spain

Comment

i think we should put ramps to get on buildings so we dont have to worry about the Quasar glitch anymore.

Also we should make it so robots lose some hp when they go up in the air and hit the ground. It just seems more fair, and it makes traction more valuable to upgrade. I find my bite getting some good combos whenever i am fighting wreckers were i hit them with my ram and then go ontop of them and hit them with the tail simultaneously. obviously it's awesome for me but it just seems more fair if i lost some hp when i smack the ground. this would also make battles on buildings more fun.

It's pretty obvious that the chainsaw sucks, and everyone prefers the hammer over it. you know how when you chase someone down, and you are literally touching there back as there moving but cant seem to hit them with your front weapon? well we should make it so that chainsaws are the only ones to actually damage them from the back as they are moving. That way you will have actual pros and cons about the hammer and chainsaw, which makes it debatable to choose from.

Comment

Those are all really good Suggestions!

Comment

Best suggestions:
                                  1-Remove the game from the net.
                                  2-Delete all component.
                                  3-Ask Raketspel to work on a new RR.
                                  4-Release it.
                                  5-Keep updating to keep players interest.

Comment

Originally posted by theboom123:38023
                                    It's pretty obvious that the chainsaw sucks, and everyone prefers the hammer over it. you know how when you chase someone down, and you are literally touching there back as there moving but cant seem to hit them with your front weapon? well we should make it so that chainsaws are the only ones to actually damage them from the back as they are moving. That way you will have actual pros and cons about the hammer and chainsaw, which makes it debatable to choose from.
                                    You do realize that you just described the lag, right?
                                    You won't be able to damage someone who isn't actually right in front of you on their screen, it's because of the ping and to get right behind them on their screen you would have to drive in their bot, then on their screen you'd be driving right behind them, but that's impossible because on your screen you'll be touching them, and that would slow down your bot...sheesh.

Comment

Originally posted by jork:38152
                                      You do realize that you just described the lag, right?
                                      You won't be able to damage someone who isn't actually right in front of you on their screen, it's because of the ping and to get right behind them on their screen you would have to drive in their bot, then on their screen you'd be driving right behind them, but that's impossible because on your screen you'll be touching them, and that would slow down your bot...sheesh.
                                      Then increase the range of the chainsaw, because right now the chainsaw is completely pointless to get.

Here's a simple suggestion, how about a leadership board? That seems like a simple incentive to get players to play more.

Comment

Originally posted by theboom123:38745
                                        Here's a simple suggestion, how about a leadership board? That seems like a simple incentive to get players to play more.
                                        There's already a leaderboard. It just doesn't work yet. So, this feature is in the pipeline.
                                        ~~Have fun

Comment

Originally posted by Sim:38765
                                          Originally posted by theboom123:38745
                                          There's already a leaderboard. It just doesn't work yet. So, this feature is in the pipeline.
                                          One question, do you think when it starts working, would it count the players stats prior to when it started working? Or would everyone's stats start from scratch as soon as that leadership boards starts up?

Comment

Working...
                                          X