Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why is there so much hate for the Quasar?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why is there so much hate for the Quasar?

I've been lurking this forum for a while, although I intend to contribute a lot more now, and fail to understand why there is just so much hate for the Quasar. I hear these reasons mostly:

1. It's not as powerful as Bite.

This is quite an obvious observation but that doesn't necessarily mean it's a useless and weak robot. Bite has more armour, stronger front, back and defensive attacks than the Quasar but the Quasar is much more agile than any other robot. Quasar is designed to out maneuver your opponents rather than to just beat them head on like Bite and with it's high speed and dash attack it can evade attacks and do this extremely effectively.

With maxed mortar/laser/mines and the right maneuvering you should still be able to take down a good Bite a decent amount of the time. I'M NOT SAYING QUASAR IS BETTER THAN BITE.

2. It looks ugly.

Looks can play a huge part in someone's preference to a robot but that doesn't mean someone else might not like it. For a robot that is suppose to be fast it looks very stream lined in my opinion.

3. It costs more than Bite.

Good point, it should be cheaper I agree.

4. OMG IT GOES ON DA ROOF!!!

This has been fixed .

I agree Bite is better than Quasar, however, I still think Quasar is very good with or without glitches. Even better than Bolt so far for me at least. I'd love to hear other people's opinions on the matter if they're willing to input maturely.
    Devilinpants/Bennyman001

look man, you're missing the point. the reason people hate the quasar is mainly for the glitches. i don't understand why you had to point out that it isn't as powerful as bite. of course it's not, but that's not the point and it was never made to be powerful. it was made for the reasons that you already pointed out. the point is the "bite being more powerful" was never a reason why players hate the quasar. it's the players that take advantage of the glitches that make the robot look bad.

Comment

I had to point it out because Quasar doesn't do as much damage, it isn't a better robot and it costs more. People just seem to think it's terrible when in fact it's QUITE good. All I'm saying is people shouldn't let the glitch ruin the bot. It's fixed.
      Devilinpants/Bennyman001

Comment

At the time the glitch is what ruined the bot.  Thats where most of the hate came from.  Coupled with the tendency for spam/skillless attacks.  

And people should be allowed to express their opinion.
        http://s1.miniclip.freeaquazoo.com/u...p?UID=10015592

Comment

Originally posted by devilinpants:41733
          I had to point it out because Quasar doesn't do as much damage, it isn't a better robot and it costs more. People just seem to think it's terrible when in fact it's QUITE good. All I'm saying is people shouldn't let the glitch ruin the bot. It's fixed.
          of course it doesn't do as much damage because it's a stealth robot. it requires different skills, and IS a good robot if you know how to use it(an example player would be andras9).

and why is it not better? because it doesn't do as much damage? but i thought you said it is better at out maneuvering your opponents and evading attacks? wouldn't the quasar be better at the bite than that then? the robots are better at different things than the other, and it's up to the player to decide which they think is more important for them which will form their opinion in which is "better."

and yes the roof glitch is fixed but their are other glitches that quasar players abuse during battle. an example would be the saw glitch, when quasar players spam the wall and if the player gets close enough to the saw it will drain their hp to death regardless if they run away or not. although you can stop this by using one of the power ups(i'm pretty sure Exaron is the one who discovered this). but it still sucks because by the time you do it you will already of lost a good amount of hp. another glitch is if a quasar positions themselves right and spams the corner of a wall, they can hit their opponent from a very long range. another is if the quasar has a bumper, they can magnet inside of their opponent and literally catapult them across the entire freaking map or even inside walls. Or sometimes it will catapult me so hard to a wall that I even lose half of my hp, it's ridiculous. I've learned how to counter these glitches but it's still very difficult to take down quasars who abuse the glitches to the point they have just about mastered it and dedicate the whole game in doing them, and as soon as i get close enough they teleport away and reset themselves to the position where they can perform the glitches again. situations like this require EXTREME strategizing, which is very irritating and difficult to do especially for a bite player. you probably have never experienced these types of glitches maybe because you are a quasar player yourself(i don't know if the glitches work on other quasars).

but yes, with all that said i hope you understand now why people dislike quasar players. not because they are not a "better" robot or whatever, it's because too many players abuse the glitches which is sad because you can still win as a quasar player without cheating.

Comment

Originally posted by theboom123:41742
            Originally posted by devilinpants:41733
            of course it doesn't do as much damage because it's a stealth robot. it requires different skills, and IS a good robot if you know how to use it(an example player would be andras9).

and why is it not better? because it doesn't do as much damage? but i thought you said it is better at out maneuvering your opponents and evading attacks? wouldn't the quasar be better at the bite than that then? the robots are better at different things than the other, and it's up to the player to decide which they think is more important for them which will form their opinion in which is "better."

and yes the roof glitch is fixed but their are other glitches that quasar players abuse during battle. an example would be the saw glitch, when quasar players spam the wall and if the player gets close enough to the saw it will drain their hp to death regardless if they run away or not. although you can stop this by using one of the power ups(i'm pretty sure Exaron is the one who discovered this). but it still sucks because by the time you do it you will already of lost a good amount of hp. another glitch is if a quasar positions themselves right and spams the corner of a wall, they can hit their opponent from a very long range. another is if the quasar has a bumper, they can magnet inside of their opponent and literally catapult them across the entire freaking map or even inside walls. Or sometimes it will catapult me so hard to a wall that I even lose half of my hp, it's ridiculous. I've learned how to counter these glitches but it's still very difficult to take down quasars who abuse the glitches to the point they have just about mastered it and dedicate the whole game in doing them, and as soon as i get close enough they teleport away and reset themselves to the position where they can perform the glitches again. situations like this require EXTREME strategizing, which is very irritating and difficult to do especially for a bite player. you probably have never experienced these types of glitches maybe because you are a quasar player yourself(i don't know if the glitches work on other quasars).

but yes, with all that said i hope you understand now why people dislike quasar players. not because they are not a "better" robot or whatever, it's because too many players abuse the glitches which is sad because you can still win as a quasar player without cheating.
            I know it's a good stealth robot I'm just trying to say people shouldn't hate it because of glitches that are/will be fixed. That's all. They can hate it for other reasons if they want they just shouldn't say it sucks if they don't know how to use it correctly. You don't have to direct this at me and turn around what I've said. Please . I'm also a bite player by the way .
            Devilinpants/Bennyman001

Comment

ok man that's cool my bad. and come to think about it there are people who dislike the quasar because they think it's a weak robot. those are mainly the people that look for fast ways to win though

Comment

Quasar only annoyed me because of the roof sitters, but now thats fixed I dont have an issue with it.
                http://www.miniclip.com/user/5323529/en/

Check out my page linked above and challenge my scores.

Comment

One of the main problems for me, is that with all the glitches and abuse, there will be some good players who have stopped playing the game. Which is the one thing this game really needs, more good players.

It is really difficult to not have a negative emotional response to a robot that people were using to achieve a win by removing combat. It's frustrating. Your only recourse is to kill yourself. Or you can wait for them to make the foolish mistake of coming down. I waited over an hour once for one player. I just opened a new page, loaded in robot rage and played it from that page, while keeping an eye on the original game.

And yeah, the quasar is an ugly looking robot. to me. Some people like the look of it? Some people also like cricket. Some people are beyond saving.
                  Serve no master but your ambition.

Comment

Originally posted by Exy:41986
                    I waited over an hour once for one player.
                    lol man i use to wait all the time, i just can not stand losing to cheaters. the longest i waited was 5 hours, and that was only because the match was suppose to be my last game before i went to bed. i basically maxed out the volume and went to sleep, and at about 5 am i woke up to the sound of the Quasar smashing me and literally flew to my laptop and wrecked that cheating son of a yo. that game was the most rewarding win i ever had

Comment

Originally posted by theboom123:42323
                      lol man i use to wait all the time, i just can not stand losing to cheaters. the longest i waited was 5 hours, and that was only because the match was suppose to be my last game before i went to bed. i basically maxed out the volume and went to sleep, and at about 5 am i woke up to the sound of the Quasar smashing me and literally flew to my laptop and wrecked that cheating son of a yo. that game was the most rewarding win i ever had
                      Thats Boss, Its happened to about 5 or so times. 2 of those I was Quasar and went up the roof to fight them there. 1 of those I waited about 5 mins. The other I quit after 30 mins and one I got sniped by mortars.

Comment

that actually sounds pretty fun, quasar battles on the roof lol. it would of been  cool if they added ramps to get on the roofs

Comment

Ramps would be amazing
                          Devilinpants/Bennyman001

Comment

Originally posted by theboom123:42323
                            That's pretty bad a$$ man!. I can't stand those effin cowards either. If I see someone on the roof, I climb up( I own a quasar too ) and whoop their buts off the roof

Comment

I don't know my people hate Quasars either, they are real easy to kill. Here is some maxed Quasars I have slapped about along with a couple other maxed and non maxed bots.

Comment

The obvious reason why its hated so much because its because its way too powerful than any other robot.
                                Unlike the rest of them which have a standard turret, back and front weapon that causes damage, the magnet makes the quasar stand out from the rest. Its definitely the weakest when it comes to armor, making it extremely vulnerable. Definitely not for noobs!
                                There are a lot of people who call the use of magnet "spamming", but in reality, the magnet imparts very little damage. Its the combination of stealth, maneuvering, magnet, turret and back weapon that makes it invincible.
                                The only match for a quasar is another quasar. Bite is the most easiest kill.
                                Checkout some maxed out Bites, wreckers and bolts D-E-S-T-R-O-Y-E-D!!!

American Girl! finally I got to fight with you, you were a little too easy 6/2/2013 10:17 AM Sunday, Check below!

Vertical Bolt!  

Comment

I think Devilinpants has his pants on back to front.

Devil, no-one is saying Quasar is a bad robot in use, from the user side of things.

What people are saying, however, is that the tactics such users use are lame. Unfortunately the weapons that are uniquely available to Quasar make it naturally prone to such use, and thus why it is disliked by others.

Comment

simply stated - Quasar drivers are the lowest form of gamers out there. I refresh my browser whenever one comes up against me. I'd rather forfeit the $10K then waste my time...

Comment

I have actually stopped playing because of the 'pussar' drivers

Comment

Not played for a long while now, but Quasar users weren't so bad to play against once the retarded "magnet wall spam" glitch was fixed.

The Teleport is overly used. However, unless the opponent has level 5 teleport, they don't teleport that far away from you when they use it - meaning if you can locate and catch them quickly after they just teleported, they're at their most vulnerable as they cannot use it again until it has recharged, and they have one less weapon than you. Save all your weapons until this happens. Then in the brief window of time where you know they cannot teleport, you can inflict fatal damage on them.

Comment

Working...
                                        X