Upgrade Issues

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Tetsumonchi View Post
    Yeah. The package we were using before was more than adequate for vB4 - vB5 clearly requires a lot more resources, though.

Sadly, at a higher cost. I might have to initiate a membership fee to cover this.
    Do you accept Food-Stamps or is this a cash only type deal?

Comment

Yeah. The package we were using before was more than adequate for vB4 - vB5 clearly requires a lot more resources, though.

Sadly, at a higher cost. I might have to initiate a membership fee to cover this.

Seriously Colin, if you need some financial contributions,

please let us know how much and how to do it.

Comment

Hi Aurora,

I'm having the same issue with "latest post" dates in some forums, but I believe this is quite a minor issue in the greater scale of things. Will look into it, though.

More importantly, which long threads are you unable to access? Can you name a few? Are they all in the same forum or within multiple forums?
        Yes, you must be right , the latest posts is not that big issue. I can now access most threads. There is no gateway timeout messages this time.

Couple of long ones still produce a black screen with error message,

Posting Games:
        Count to 10000 with pictures
        Photo Chain
        The Song Title Game
        Guess Next Poster
        Fatal error: Maximum execution time of 45 seconds exceeded in /home/minicli0/public_html/core/vb/library/node.php on line 3361

General Chat
        Official Weather Thread
        Fatal error: Maximum execution time of 45 seconds exceeded in /home/minicli0/public_html/includes/vb5/template/cache.php on line 168

There were two long threads in music discussion, I couldn't access them, but after you did something the other day, they now open albeit slowly.

Comment

Glad to see the forums back, but I can only open it here on my tablet. None of the browsers on my laptop work, yet Kostas tells me he can open it on IE and Opera! What's happening?

Comment

This is the first day I can finally get on here in the passed three days....happy to see it working.

I only use Chrome so I thought it may have been an issue with that browser....

but I tried Internet Explorer and that did not work either.

I hope things are ok now.

Comment

Well at last I can open the forum on any browser again!

Comment

Yes, the forums are working again, I had the same issues and Tetsumonchi can explain in more detail the issue which is now resolved.
                http://www.miniclip.com/user/5323529/en/

Check out my page linked above and challenge my scores.

Comment

Hi everyone, Tetsumonchi made some performance upgrades to the servers with our host a couple weeks back which will help speed things up around here. Unfortunately we experienced some unexpected downtime during the migration to upgraded servers because we mistakenly missed an important step (our sincere apologies!). Nonetheless, we're back up and running. We're hoping that threads are now loading quicker than before.

Please continue to let us know if you're experiencing any other issues.

Thanks gang!
                  Dalton
                  DALTON // 2006
                  Need Help? Send me a Private Message!

Comment

Sorry for the downtime, guys. Hopefully that was the last pothole we'll experience as a result of this upgrade and everything will be back to normal from this point on.

For forum support, drop me a PM, visitor message or post in my NSPM thread..

You can add me on Facebook as well
                    http://www.facebook.com/Tetsumonchi

Comment

Good to hear and thanks for the continuing efforts guys!

I seem to only have two issues now:

My date of birth is fixed so it won't let me change my profile page
                      (and it means I am 1018 years old!)

The videos still won't centre, which makes the posts look so untidy!

Comment

Originally posted by fishfairy View Post

I had the same issue and Dalton had to change my DOB manually, so hopefully he can do the same for you. Maybe PM him if you don't want to post it publicly.
                        http://www.miniclip.com/user/5323529/en/

Check out my page linked above and challenge my scores.

Comment

Originally posted by fishfairy View Post

Yes, most members have been just PMing me their b-days since we haven't quite figured out why this bug is preventing you guys from being able to do so. After, you should be able to adjust your profile as normal.
                          DALTON // 2006

Comment

Is it me or it's hard to go to the last page of a thread since you have to type the number of it and press enter. Why not adding an extra arrow to go to the last page?
                            My Miniclip channel http://www.youtube.com/user/roberto97spain

Comment

Originally posted by Rey View Post
                              Is it me or it's hard to go to the last page of a thread since you have to type the number of it and press enter. Why not adding an extra arrow to go to the last page?
                              Are you using the navigation bar at the top when reading threads? You're right - it is a little odd. There is a way to advance to the next page(s) at the bottom of the page too though. That's the one I use.
                              DALTON // 2006

Comment

Originally posted by Dalton View Post

Are you using the navigation bar at the top when reading threads? You're right - it is a little odd. There is a way to advance to the next page(s) at the bottom of the page too though. That's the one I use.
                                I had the same problem getting to the last page to post ......when I went to the thread I had to scroll down to the bottom to use the "last" arrow.....then a my friend Kostas reminded me that we just have to press the arrow next to the last poster before we click on the thread and it takes you right to the last page and post.

Comment

Well, except from the slightly annoying problem with off-centre videos,
                                  everything appears to be working great now!

The only current issue appears to be is that...

HARDLY ANYONE IS POSTING!!!

Where is everybody???

Comment

Yeah come on! Post! Mads? Aurora? Sizzzler! Spike? Where are you! It was going good for a week or so.

Comment

Working...
                                    X