This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Forum News Column: How to contribute

The news column is located near the top left of the main page and contains the latest news relating to Miniclip, this forum and the community as a whole.

All members are invited to help decide what that news should be.

Add #forumnews to the text of your new thread and it will appear in the news column, as depicted below.

Guidelines

Please use the forumnews hashtag sparingly and responsibly.

This is a great way to share information that if useful and of relevance to the community as a whole as your thread will appear at the top of the main page for days or possibly weeks.

Please do not use the hashtag to promote ramdom threads or fish for views.

Staff will use for hashtag most often, sharing news and announcements relating to the forum.

Members may use it, for example:
    • to announce the release a new game
    • or the removal of an old one
    • a new feature on Miniclip's website
    • news relating to the company
    • to advertise a tournament or competition
    • or otherwise share any information that they think is important to the community as a whole
    There are no strict rules about what qualifies as news, so long as you are not blatantly abusing the feature to advertise your own threads or content that is without relevance to the community.

The news column displays three threads, which are listed in accending order of the date/time the thread was started.

Generally speaking, threads will remain within the news column for at least a few days or potentially weeks, unless there is a lot going on.

Please do not be concerned with bumping a thread out of view if you genuinely believe you have something of importance to share - even if its one of mine. I assure you, if there's anything URGENT to share the staff will make members informed by other means.

For forum support, drop me a PM, visitor message or post in my NSPM thread..

You can add me on Facebook as well
    http://www.facebook.com/Tetsumonchi

Very good idea Colin!

And thanks for the information about it.

Comment

Nice feature, looks useful and professional.

Comment

Originally posted by Tetsumonchi View Post

Members may use it.
        Tetsumonchi Very good job but...You forget ghost members !How will the forum improve?We need active members not ghosts ! Probably now ghost members(guests) very very happy!Do not needed Login or Sign up ! BecauseReading News,Recent Posts and Latest Threads free !

Comment

Originally posted by LifeEternal View Post
          Tetsumonchi Very good job but...You forget ghost members !How will the forum improve?We need active members not ghosts ! Probably now ghost members(guests) very very happy!Do not needed Login or Sign up ! BecauseReading News,Recent Posts and Latest Threads free !
          They will see it anyway because guests are able to read post and threads the same as members. If anything, I'm hoping this MAKES SURE they don't miss anything important.. and that this content, particularly relating to games and Miniclip news, grabs their interest and makes them come back for more.

Some forums limit guests a certain number of page views per day before requiring them to register to continue reading. I may look into that.

For forum support, drop me a PM, visitor message or post in my NSPM thread..

You can add me on Facebook as well
          http://www.facebook.com/Tetsumonchi

Comment

You have done a wonderful job with the forum. I like the new look . In my own opinion , if have closed forum so only members could see it . No will steal our ideas . Then maybe you will get more members in here to see what is going on. There will not be anymore guest. That means they need to sign up to see what is going on in here.

Comment

Originally posted by Cheetah Girl View Post
              You have done a wonderful job with the forum. I like the new look . In my own opinion , if have closed forum so only members could see it . No will steal our ideas . Then maybe you will get more members in here to see what is going on. There will not be anymore guest. That means they need to sign up to see what is going on in here.
              A very interesting post there Cheetah Girl

Comment

Originally posted by Tetsumonchi View Post

Some forums limit guests a certain number of page views per day before requiring them to register to continue reading. I may look into that.
                Very good idea.

Comment

The new forum outlook is horrendous. It's like trying to make a miserable Christmas tree look better with some decoration. You can still spot the spam though.

Click image for larger version

Name:	82e92cd635c8e7505a712e53cd1d85bf.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	59.6 KB
ID:	202652

Comment

I like the idea of forcing members to log in to read further. Cap it at one thread.

Comment

Working...
                    X