How to customise your profile page.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to customise your profile page.

Hi folks. I thought i would make a thread on how to customise your profile page so that others who dont know, and are interested can try it out.

First things first. These are only basic instructions, but i will tell you how to enter pics and edit the colours etc. The rest is down to you, and how you feel its working out for you. Secondly, this is the only way i know how to do it. There is probably a better easier way to do it, and if anyone knows any better, then please let us know. Please also be aware that when you change a setting, it might not appear straight away, and might only appear after you leave the editor and come back to it.

You can link your pics to a URL (thanks to Nanny Ogg for that info) by typing in the address as url(image address). Or you can simply upload them from your own device.

Lets get started then. Click on your user name at the top of the page, and it will bring you to your profile wall. There you will see the option to customise your profile:

cus.jpg

The next image shows you the panel that opens up. There are 3 main areas that i have used to insert images, and we will work on those first. As you can see, i have highlighted the 3 options.

cus2.jpg

Option 1 lets you insert an image into the area i have marked here with the 2 blue arrows:

cus3.jpg

Option 2 lets you insert an image into the area i have marked with the blue arrow:

cus4.jpg

Option 3 lets you insert an image into the area i have marked with the 2 blue arrows:

cus5.jpg

IMPORTANT, IMAGE SIZE:

Its important to remember that the size of the image you are going to insert will have an affect on the way it looks when inserted. The image i currently have on my profile (not in these pics) for area 1 are a size of 458 width X 200 height. Therefore i am able to repeat my image up and across my profile page.

A larger size image will look completely different when inserted, especially on the amount of repeats that can be seen. If the image is really large, then you may only get a quarter of the whole of the image to appear on the profile page. You can always resize your images by using a photo editing application.

The same principle applies to all areas where images can be inserted.

Choose the image you want to use on photobucket, and look for the area with the "direct" link:

Click once inside the box, and you should see the following "copied" appear in a yellow tone. This is a copy and paste system used by photobucket, and once you do this, you are ready to transfer it to your profile.

Double click the small coloured box seen at number 1 in the pic up above, and you should then see this box option open up:

Click on the "use image" option (Red arrow) and then right click in the box with the text seen in the pic and use the paste option (Blue arrow). When you have that done, then click the "Submit" button (Yellow arrow).

This next option determines how the image looks when inserting it. Click on the box where you see "both" (Blue arrow). An option menu drops down with the following options:

None: No image will be inserted.

Horizontal: This will repeat the image in a horizontal fashion, going across your profile repeatedly in a single line. Determined by image size.

Vertical: This will repeat the image in a vertical fashion, going downwards on your profile repeatedly in a single line. Determined by image size.

Both: This will repeat the image both across and downward, as seen in the pics of my profile page. Determined by image size.

You should then click on the save button to save that setting:

Remember, try each option one at a time.

I have no idea what this option in the pic below changes, so i would steer clear of it just in case, lol:

All of the other boxes seen in picture 2 above relate to the text colour, background colours, and the line colours around each panel etc (as seen in the pic below). This is the experimental part on your end. Play with them and see how you get on.

[URL]http://i1315.photobucket.com/albums/t590/bizzare6/bandicam%202017-06-25%2016-19-01-436_zpsu5ysaz9f.jpg~original[/IMG]

When you double click on any other box for colouring the lines, backgrounds, text etc, you will see this option below "Use colour". The box will contain a colour chart to pick from. The multi coloured bar has a scrolling button on it, when moved up or down will change the colour settings in the large colour box to the left of it. Simply clicking anywhere in that larger box will determine the colour that is changed in the backgrounds etc.

And remember, if all else fails, there is always to option to "revert" back to the original setting. Who knows, the mods might even hold a competition to see who can do the best profile, lol. Good luck with it. Oh, and if you do decide to try this, and you are succesful, then please let us know here so we can have a look at your updated profile, thanks.

Last edited by COOLOCKER; 20-07-17, 01:56 PM.

Excellent guide, COOLOCKER. I tried some of those myself, but as I couldn't be sure, what exactly was changed with each button, this will help out to do better customising.

Thank you!

Comment

I have just thought of something that i totally overlooked, lol. But theres a problem. photobucket seems to be down at the moment, and i am unable to upload the new image i made. I will post here when photobucket gets going again.

Comment

First post updated with extra information.

Comment

Hi Jimmy
          Thank you for such a helpful and detailed guide, you made it very easy for us.

One small point though hun, you don't have to use photobucket, I linked to a gif I posted in the official forum and it's working... just make sure you write it in the box like this.... url(image address)

Comment

Originally posted by Nanny Ogg View Post
            Hi Jimmy
            Thank you for such a helpful and detailed guide, you made it very easy for us.

One small point though hun, you don't have to use photobucket, I linked to a gif I posted in the official forum and it's working... just make sure you write it in the box like this.... url(image address)
            Thanks for that Nan, as i said, it was the only way i knew, lol. But that helps big time, cheers. Just had a look at yours, and it looks deadly, lol. The fireworks are a great idea.

Comment

Great guide, COOLOCKER! I can see you out a lot of effort into this, and I think it could be very helpful to some folk who are less familiar with the software, so I'll go ahead and sticky it for you!

To get in touch, drop me a Private Message or Visitor Message.
              You can add me on Facebook as well
              http://www.facebook.com/Tetsumonchi

Comment

Originally posted by Tetsumonchi View Post
                Great guide, COOLOCKER! I can see you out a lot of effort into this, and I think it could be very helpful to some folk who are less familiar with the software, do I'll go ahead and sticky it for you!
                Thanks Tetsu. It certainly was a lot of work, lol. Graphics are a hobby of mine, and i like to share the knowledge around whenever i can. Cheers dude.

Comment

Very useful! I've just put it into practice, Thank you very much Coolocker!
                  sigpic

Comment

Ok folks. I have had to update the first post for those who may have tried this while using photobucket as the source for entering the images. As luck would have it, a week after i made the post, photobucket went and changed their terms and conditions for using their site. It used to be a free service, and still is in a way, but only to hold images so that you can view them now. The ability to link them or 3rd party host them is now gone unless users upgrade to a paid account. The section stating this can be seen below:

• Free account : Each individual Member gets one free account that provides 2 GB of free storage or space available for your original photo files, or videos under 10min. The free account does not allow any image linking or 3rd party image hosting. If a free account Member exceeds their Content Limit, their account will be immediately suspended and they will need to become a “Paying Member” (defined below) in order to continue accessing their account. You can upgrade to a Plus account at any time.

Comment

Just thought i would have a look at some profiles to see if anyone has tried this, and i have noticed something i forgot to mention (oops, sorry). I have updated the first post with the information needed, under the line IMPORTANT, IMAGE SIZE.

Comment

Hello Jimmy,

If you have gone to my profile, you must have seen my swans in the river.

This is 1800 x1200.
                        It took me so long to find it!

I did not want to have a repeated picture!

I think it depends on the subject of course, but i wanted to say to anyone,
                        that if they are going to have ONE PICTURE there, this has to be very large.

They can try it before to save it and to change it,
                        if the picture is smaller or a lot bigger than they want,

depending on which part of it, they want to be seen.

I had to repeat the waves though, because however i tried, there was not any bigger.

About the clouds i have, it is a very large one too!
                        Because it was the only way to have "the part of the picture" i wanted.
                        Which is this part, if you have a big picture:

CLOUDS25.jpg

Of course, i must say, that you did an amazing work,
                        explaining to all, in details, how to customize their profile page!

Comment

Originally posted by metalzord View Post
                          Hello Jimmy,

If you have gone to my profile, you must have seen my swans in the river.

This is 1800 x1200.
                          It took me so long to find it!

I did not want to have a repeated picture!

I think it depends on the subject of course, but i wanted to say to anyone,
                          that if they are going to have ONE PICTURE there, this has to be very large.

They can try it before to save it and to change it,
                          if the picture is smaller or a lot bigger than they want,

depending on which part of it, they want to be seen.

I had to repeat the waves though, because however i tried, there was not any bigger.

About the clouds i have, it is a very large one too!
                          Because it was the only way to have "the part of the picture" i wanted.
                          Which is this part, if you have a big picture:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]41[/ATTACH]

Of course, i must say, that you did an amazing work,
                          explaining to all, in details, how to customize their profile page!
                          Hi Metal. nice work on the profile page. I love the water gif that you have in there, real cool looking. Yes, you are correct about having to use a large image if you are going for just 1 picture. I also see that you have it repeated going downwards. If you dont want that to happen, then go to the 10th picture of the first post here where i show the box, and click on the area that says "none". This will then only show that picture once.

The areas where you have the clouds and the water can be a little tricky to work on. Any image you place in the area in option 2 also goes into the areas of your on your profile where you see your messages etc. I have my image for that area set at a whopping 3887 X 454. Some folks will have to play around with resizing images before they get the perfect setting. But i think its worth it when its done to the users liking. Good Job Metal.

Comment

Originally posted by COOLOCKER View Post
                            Hi Metal. nice work on the profile page. I love the water gif that you have in there, real cool looking. Yes, you are correct about having to use a large image if you are going for just 1 picture. I also see that you have it repeated going downwards. If you dont want that to happen, then go to the 10th picture of the first post here where i show the box, and click on the area that says "none". This will then only show that picture once.

The areas where you have the clouds and the water can be a little tricky to work on. Any image you place in the area in option 2 also goes into the areas of your on your profile where you see your messages etc. I have my image for that area set at a whopping 3887 X 454. Some folks will have to play around with resizing images before they get the perfect setting. But i think its worth it when its done to the users liking. Good Job Metal.

Thank you Jimmy!

I repeated it vertically, because i hate the plain white after the first 9-10 activity - comments.

Yes, the areas you mentioned are tricky, but it is fun to try to put there exactly what you want!

And btw i am Kostas.

Comment

Great job with the instructions for customizing the profile page.
                              I am not good with a lot of things concerning computers...but you explained it well enough for even me to do.
                              Now I just need to stop going back and constantly changing it....now that I can.

Comment

Originally posted by flutterby52212 View Post
                                Great job with the instructions for customizing the profile page.
                                I am not good with a lot of things concerning computers...but you explained it well enough for even me to do.
                                Now I just need to stop going back and constantly changing it....now that I can.

lol, tell me about it. Im never happy with mine, and will probably change it over and over again, lol.

Comment

Originally posted by December12 View Post
                                  Very useful! I've just put it into practice, Thank you very much Coolocker!
                                  Dont know how i didnt see this post until now, but your welcome December, cheers.?

Comment

Due to the situation with photobucket, the images in the first post have now dissappeared. I will be updating the first post with new images when i get a chance, and will notify folks here when i do.

Comment

Originally posted by COOLOCKER View Post
                                      Due to the situation with photobucket, the images in the first post have now dissappeared. I will be updating the first post with new images when i get a chance, and will notify folks here when i do.
                                      Photobucket basically torpedoed themselves with their "premium" 3rd party hosting thing. If you upload the images to Imgur.com you'll be able to re-link them here without worry of them going down.
                                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Dracophile View Post
                                        Photobucket basically torpedoed themselves with their "premium" 3rd party hosting thing. If you upload the images to Imgur.com you'll be able to re-link them here without worry of them going down.
                                        Yep Draco, thats the plan. Not only have they torpedoed themselves, but they basically "broke" the internet with their greedy move.

Comment

Working...
                                        X