Back after almost 10 years i guess

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Back after almost 10 years i guess

Used to frequent these forums a long time ago when i was still in school. I think its been atleast 9 years since i last remember this place....

I used to go by the name subinlovesjesus/subanofire .

Saw a few familiar names lime mozoid, tetsumonchi, feliciablue....
    I am a Doctor now, so wont really find much time to be playing games....

So hello guys, lots of blurred out memories here....need to find my old miniclip player profile now....

Hello, Subin!

Welcome back to the forums!

For forum support, drop me a PM, visitor message or post in my NSPM thread..

You can add me on Facebook as well
    http://www.facebook.com/Tetsumonchi

Comment

Welcome back Doctor Subin!

Glad you found us again after 9 years!

I hope your time here all those years ago,

left you with great memories!

There are still some old members around....

Not as many as we would like though.

Comment

do you insist on being called a doctor during conversation?

i beat your doodle score, get your lazy ass up already nice to have you back, seeing people like you returning after such a long absence always makes me feel immensely nostalgic
        http://i.cubeupload.com/MXz577.png

Comment

Tetsumonchi metalzord Thank you guys . Yes it has left lots of memories, albeit, very blurred. I was a teenager back then The community was extremrly active back then...

mountain goat haha you did? Woah. I still remember back when mozoid held the record. I found a few bugs in the first and last level which helped me beat his score pushing it into 22k. Whats the highscore now? Where did you improve brings back so many memories.

Does anyone know exactly what happened to the old forums? I remember hearing someone had internal access to the moderator and forum owner profiles or something and they messed the whole thing up? Somehting like that... i definitely remember a person who had access to official moderator forums witgout actually being a moderator.

Comment

Originally posted by subindxsubin View Post
            Does anyone know exactly what happened to the old forums? I remember hearing someone had internal access to the moderator and forum owner profiles or something and they messed the whole thing up? Somehting like that... i definitely remember a person who had access to official moderator forums witgout actually being a moderator.
            That was back in July 2010 when Ziggy persuaded mmfgamer5, a moderator at the time, to share his forum password with him. Ziggy was able to use the account to ban the other moderators, leak a ton of stuff from the staff forum, and otherwise control the forum for a few hours.

I was on holiday at the time and had asked Dracophile to look after the forums on my behalf. It wasn't until Draco or one of the Estonian staff logged on that Ziggy's "rampage" was stopped. Of course, that wasn't the end of the old forums; they continued right up until October 2012.

The official story from Miniclip was that malicious software was uploaded to the forum via an encrypted avatar image. Miniclip claimed that they could not repair the damage done by this software and therefor could not guarantee the security of member's personal data. As a result they decided to take the forum offline and this forum, run by the community, took its place.

However, there are theories that the hacking was actually a hoax by Miniclip to justify getting rid of a large and unruly forum that had become more of a headache than an asset. We know that this company is cable of pulling the rug from under an entire community as they recently closed their 8 Ball Pool forum with only 3 DAYS NOTICE and not a care in the world about what would become of its members and the history and friendships they had established there.

If you look in the Archive forum you will find very early threads that relate to the closure of the Old Forum and can give you more background info.

For forum support, drop me a PM, visitor message or post in my NSPM thread..

You can add me on Facebook as well
            http://www.facebook.com/Tetsumonchi

Comment

Originally posted by Tetsumonchi View Post
              That was back in July 2010 when Ziggy persuaded mmfgamer5, a moderator at the time, to share his forum password with him. Ziggy was able to use the account to ban the other moderators, leak a ton of stuff from the staff forum, and otherwise control the forum for a few hours.

I was on holiday at the time and had asked Dracophile to look after the forums on my behalf. It wasn't until Draco or one of the Estonian staff logged on that Ziggy's "rampage" was stopped. Of course, that wasn't the end of the old forums; they continued right up until October 2012.

The official story from Miniclip was that malicious software was uploaded to the forum via an encrypted avatar image. Miniclip claimed that they could not repair the damage done by this software and therefor could not guarantee the security of member's personal data. As a result they decided to take the forum offline and this forum, run by the community, took its place.

However, there are theories that the hacking was actually a hoax by Miniclip to justify getting rid of a large and unruly forum that had become more of a headache than an asset. We know that this company is cable of pulling the rug from under an entire community as they recently closed their 8 Ball Pool forum with only 3 DAYS NOTICE and not a care in the world about what would become of its members and the history and friendships they had established there.

If you look in the Archive forum you will find very early threads that relate to the closure of the Old Forum and can give you more background info.
              Yeahh... I remember mmfgamer. He became a moderator around the time i left. I am not sure if I remember ziggy. There was a siggy or something with whom i developed a free forum once... I wonder if its the same one.

I remember it being American Girl who had access to moderator forums through scOotZ . She had access for a long time. She would use it to find ways to make unnecessary infarctions for me. Scootz could not stand being opposed on his views in certain topics in the debate forums and american girl could never stand being challenged. It tore her apart like a psychotic obssession....

Some nuisances apart, miniclip forums were really fun

Lets hope these forums become active again like the good old times.

Comment

So, moderators were human too? Who knew. How cheeky of them.

I thought the moderation selection process back then involved a secret council of members and a series of trials to make sure this kind of thing never happened?!

​​​wb subin!

​​​​

Comment

Originally posted by Mozoid View Post
                  So, moderators were human too? Who knew. How cheeky of them.

I thought the moderation selection process back then involved a secret council of members and a series of trials to make sure this kind of thing never happened?!

​​​wb subin!

​​​​
                  Your sarcasm is still going strong Mozooid!!!

Haha, some things like this are just not worth discussing.

Hows it going? You were truely the most respectsble Miniclip Master out there. Cheers mate

Comment

You never really know who the bad guys and the goods guys are, do you? Who to believe. Whose words weigh more than someone else's. Impersonating, unlicensed accesses, reporting, yelling, bullying, spamming, abuse of power... it'll never be as good as it was... *Kumbaya playing in the background*

Comment

Originally posted by subindxsubin View Post
                      haha you did? Woah. I still remember back when mozoid held the record. I found a few bugs in the first and last level which helped me beat his score pushing it into 22k. Whats the highscore now? Where did you improve brings back so many memories.
                      seems like those bugs escaped my attention, maybe we can push the maximum to let's say 22,537 then if you still got that competitive drive in you

here's a recording of the run

http://i.cubeupload.com/MXz577.png

Comment

Originally posted by Aurora View Post
                        You never really know who the bad guys and the goods guys are, do you? Who to believe. Whose words weigh more than someone else's. Impersonating, unlicensed accesses, reporting, yelling, bullying, spamming, abuse of power... it'll never be as good as it was... *Kumbaya playing in the background*
                        mountain goat .Alas, I dont game much anymore.... very busy....

In the 1st level, just above the flag, there is a bend right? If you jump and faill exactly on that bend, you will like warp through it downwards so you dont have to run all the way there. Forgot the bug in last level though. Good luck bro, good times.

Comment

Doodle was great. I loved playing it with my fellow comrades back in the early days of the MCPC.

Comment

Hi subin, I remember you. I can even remember that you once had a dragon ball image on messenger hahaha. One day you completely disappeared from there, just like agentblue, and you never were back. Nice to see you're fine, I dont know if you still remember me (Rey, the one who was found to be a hacker). I also remember agentblue uploading a youtube video per player page he found was a hacker (including me )
                            My Miniclip channel http://www.youtube.com/user/roberto97spain

Comment

Working...
                            X