Introducing myself

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Introducing myself

I joined a few weeks ago for the 8 ball game.

I am heavily tattooed and have worked in 2 tatt shops, a bank as a tattooed teller who hardly ever made a mistake. But i also used to knit and sew. I designed my own teddy bears and jumpers (sweaters)

I will not really come back to this thread but you can find me in the 8 ball stuff if you want to ask questions, I can no longer knit or really sew (arthritis) but i love to teach and could make a YT vid if asked.

I will add some pics.

this got a highly commended award at the royal easter show in Sydney Australia, my ex said if it was framed (they do not allow glass and that would have been a waste of money) I may have got a 1st, 2nd or 3rd

My teddys had moveable limbs and head, weighed a kilogram and could stand as this pic shows (no strings attached haha)

Comment

i did 2 dinosaurs for my niece

Comment

I got a lot of funny looks driving with this passenger

Comment

But this is my own design in knitting I did for my sister-in-law

Comment

Love that 1st pic you posted Fred Jones , really amazing work there.

Comment

Originally posted by COOLOCKER View Post
              Love that 1st pic you posted Fred Jones , really amazing work there.
              Yes it took me over 1000 hours after work and I learnt so many different things. There are 3 woven web roses with ribbon that stick out on her head and her cleavage. When I went to the preview show I met a guy who had been in a lot of Aussie tatt mags and was explaining all the crap i did and this little old lady was almost falling over trying to hear me explain it. Funny thing is I would have told her but she was scared.

Along her gown there is 6 strands of gold thread and that was really painful. I had to stretch i9t out after each stitch or it would crinkle.

before it was finished I used to show people and one lady called her "My anglel meaning hers, another lady looked at the back and wanted to throw it at me because it was so neat.
              Last edited by Fred Jones; 16-07-21, 05:30 PM. Reason: forgot about gold thread

Comment

H
                I

AND

!!!

WHETHER YOUR BEAUTIFUL

ARTWORK IS FRAMED OR NOT,

IT’S NO WONDER WHY YOU

HAVE RECEIVED AWARDS -

THANX FOR SHARING YOUR

EXTRA - SPECIAL TALENTS

WITH US: VERY, VERY

!
                !
                !

GLAD YOU ARE HERE,

Do everything with so much love in your heart that you

would never want to do it any other way...

Comment

i started another one because i gave it to mum, but it was in insult that it sat behind a chair for 6 years, but it is not paint by numbers crap. it is counted continental stitch from a chart with symbols for each colour or combination of colours. this one's left wing (right side just like pool spin) is not done and is a blank canvas.

Comment

Originally posted by Nela View Post

H
                    I

AND

!!!

WHETHER YOUR BEAUTIFUL

ARTWORK IS FRAMED OR NOT,

IT’S NO WONDER WHY YOU

HAVE RECEIVED AWARDS -

THANX FOR SHARING YOUR

EXTRA - SPECIAL TALENTS

WITH US: VERY, VERY

!
                    !
                    !

GLAD YOU ARE HERE,

Thanks Nela and as i said hit me up if you want to learn, I can make YT vid and show how do to stuff.

Comment

How is this one, just a mix of normal patterns and the neck was painfully timestaking sewing up

Comment

Originally posted by Fred Jones View Post
                        Thanks Nela and as i said hit me up if you want to learn, I can make YT vid and show how do to stuff.

VERY MUCH,
                        FRED, AND YOU CAN

BE SURE THAT WE’LL ALL BE

ON THE LOOKOUT FOR

MORE OF YOUR

TERRIFIC

STUFF

!!!

N
                        E
                        L
                        A
                        Do everything with so much love in your heart that you

would never want to do it any other way...

Comment

I think Yt took that channel down because i was smoking pot and drinking while I was giving free lessons. i cannot find it and had a lot of good vids there. i have no idea why they allowed me 2 channels on the same gmail account.

But anyway do you like this one. the first colour thing I did which has 2 strands in each stitch

Doing mistakes gave me the idea.
                          Last edited by Fred Jones; 16-07-21, 07:21 PM. Reason: lightning bolts

Comment

I have had 2 girls model my jumpers/sweaters and this girl was cute and i got her phone number.

I walked into the pub wearing it and she said she liked it. i asked could she model it for me and see the result, she took the pic on my phone

Comment

She also took this pic of me with my best mate behind me who was a bit annoyed that the cute chick was paying attention to me. It is his local

Comment

Originally posted by Fred Jones View Post
                                She also took this pic of me with my best mate behind me who was a bit annoyed that the cute chick was paying attention to me. It is his local
                                Theres something seriously wrong with this picture. Can you tell what it is Fred Jones ?

Comment

Originally posted by COOLOCKER View Post

Theres something seriously wrong with this picture. Can you tell what it is Fred Jones ?
                                  Ooooooh I can Miss ! .............Miss ! .............Miss! ..............OMG Miss I got my hand up first Miss ! .....................................Miss ! .............Miss! Pick me Miss ! MISS ! OMGGGG Miss !

Comment

Originally posted by Nanny Ogg View Post

Ooooooh I can Miss ! .............Miss ! .............Miss! ..............OMG Miss I got my hand up first Miss ! .....................................Miss ! .............Miss! Pick me Miss ! MISS ! OMGGGG Miss !
                                    LMAO. Go ahead Nan. I can feel a photoshop coming on, lol.

Comment

Nooooo Miss ! U sed we cant use our mobbies in class Miss so no fotoshop Miss but Miss ! Miss ! Is it the size of the beer glass Miss ? Is it ? It is innit ? Can I 'ave a gold star please Miss ?

Comment

Originally posted by Nanny Ogg View Post
                                        Nooooo Miss ! U sed we cant use our mobbies in class Miss so no fotoshop Miss but Miss ! Miss ! Is it the size of the beer glass Miss ? Is it ? It is innit ? Can I 'ave a gold star please Miss ?
                                        Ooooh, very close Nan. With the word glass, lol.

Now, who can give me a sentence with the word "fascinate" in it? lol.

Comment

Working...
                                        X