Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 8 Ball Pool Forum closing

Hi folks,

Earlier today Miniclip announced that they will be closing the official 8 Ball Pool forums, following a decline in activity. Somewhat unbelievably, members have been given just three days notice, with the forums set to close for good this coming Thursday (5th).

https://www.miniclip.com/social/8-ba...-5th-july-2018

Many of us have been through this before with the hacking(?)/closure of the old Miniclip Forums and I imagine that to many there, the biggest concern will be keeping the community together and not losing contact with friends. Consequently, I have decided to extend an invitation to all members of the 8 Ball Pool to sign up here and keep their community alive.

Over the next few days, expect to see some/possibly lots of new faces arriving. Some of them you might know, others will be completely new. I know that everyone here will do their best to make all new members feel welcome!

Its no secret that activity here is also very low. I would never willingly close our board but would like to see a higher level of usage that more justified the running costs. I hope that both communities can enjoy and benefit from this experience, remaining on the go for years to come!

Regards,
    Tetsu

For forum support, drop me a PM, visitor message or post in my NSPM thread..
    You can add me on Facebook as well
    http://www.facebook.com/Tetsumonchi

Well, I feel sorry for them, especially with such short notice being given,
    and of course we will all welcome some new or old members!

Interestingly they do not mention our forum as an alternative, typical Miniclip arrogance I guess.

With regard to activity, there are a few of us who post regularly, butI find it disheartening that we seem to be carrying the forum alone.

Why don't the admins lead by example and post more often?

Just sayin'...

Comment

I mentioned this forum, but MC deleted my comment. Tells you all you need to know really.

Comment

Well I am sorry the pool forum is closing....it is especially hard for the members there....not given much warning.

I hope to see the old members return here to post again......

and it would be great to have new members join us here.

I guess like in here....many people just went on to other things.

I agree with Jenny....we need the mods to help out with posting and raising the activity on here.

Comment

Originally posted by Tetsumonchi View Post
          Hi folks,

Earlier today Miniclip announced that they will be closing the official 8 Ball Pool forums, following a decline in activity. Somewhat unbelievably, members have been given just three days notice, with the forums set to close for good this coming Thursday (5th).

https://www.miniclip.com/social/8-ba...-5th-july-2018

Many of us have been through this before with the hacking(?)/closure of the old Miniclip Forums and I imagine that to many there, the biggest concern will be keeping the community together and not losing contact with friends. Consequently, I have decided to extend an invitation to all members of the 8 Ball Pool to sign up here and keep their community alive.

Over the next few days, expect to see some/possibly lots of new faces arriving. Some of them you might know, others will be completely new. I know that everyone here will do their best to make all new members feel welcome!

Its no secret that activity here is also very low. I would never willingly close our board but would like to see a higher level of usage that more justified the running costs. I hope that both communities can enjoy and benefit from this experience, remaining on the go for years to come!

Regards,
          Tetsu

Although I am sad for them,

it will be great if the members do find their way here!

If of course,

any link posted there remains long enough for them to see it,

before it gets deleted again!

Originally posted by COOLOCKER View Post
          I mentioned this forum, but MC deleted my comment. Tells you all you need to know really.

Yes Jimmy, this says it all ...

Comment

One old dog is returning...

Howdy all....been a while for sure.....

Cannot remember how to make my text color here, will have to figure it out.....I feel naked without my purple.....

Comment

Originally posted by Sunidhifan View Post
              One old dog is returning...

Howdy all....been a while for sure.....

Cannot remember how to make my text color here, will have to figure it out.....I feel naked without my purple.....
              Welcome back!

Click the A in the top right of the post box to reveal the editor tools.

Comment

Ah....there we go.....much better....thanks Tetsumonchi

Comment

Thanks for the invitation COOLOCKER and Tetsumonchi

Comment

Originally posted by Talha_Sajjad View Post
                    No problem!

Welcome aboard.

Comment

Welcome back Jeff!

Welcome to our forum Talha!

I hope you and the others will enjoy being here!

Comment

soooo, back again lol
                        hope this forum gets some activity again now the forum gets shut down and that the trolls here are history!

Comment

Hello people i am new here . I hope we can have fun here.

Comment

Hi

Comment

Hello everyone! I have migrated! lol

This forum already looks A LOT better tbh!

Comment

Welcome noobies & oldies...

Comment

Originally posted by jjoe View Post
                                  Hello everyone! I have migrated! lol

This forum already looks A LOT better tbh!
                                  i hope legally......or i will send you ICE lolol

Comment

Originally posted by pmac666 View Post

i hope legally......or i will send you ICE lolol
                                    Hello the cue ball lol, and hmm yeah? aha

Comment

Tetsumonchi Thanks for the invite! Hopefully more of the regulars will come soon

Comment

Originally posted by Talha_Sajjad View Post
                                        Yeah, why don't you go ahead and explain your scores? The 8 ball forums may have accepted you but you clearly don't belong here.

Innocence is over

Comment

Working...
                                        X