Moderators

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sunidhifan has my vote...

I have experience moderating forums in the past but I don't think I'd be able to dedicate enough time now.

Comment

Sunidhifan your health is more important than anything.

Comment

Originally posted by LifeEternal View Post
        Sunidhifan your health is more important than anything.
        Thank you very much for the sentiment and concern....

Three months ago, I would not have considered it....but I am finally feeling better...able to eat better again and thankfully feeling my strength returning...Most of my problems this year have been physical, and now that they are getting well resolved, I am willing to try some mental challenges....lol....I am not seeking it out either, just responding to a perceived and announced need....so not power hungry by any means...

Even when (notice I said when, not if) I get accepted to this new implant test study, I do not see it interfering in any way either....but if it did, I would withdraw at that time since I agree with your sentiment....near death experiences can do that... ...I am now much more aware of and involved with healthy living...no matter how big a geek that makes me....

81U3 Thanks for the vote of confidence.... ...both honored and flattered by that...
        Last edited by Sunidhifan; 10-09-18, 06:40 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Sunidhifan View Post

Thank you very much for the sentiment and concern....

Three months ago, I would not have considered it....but I am finally feeling better...able to eat better again and thankfully feeling my strength returning...Most of my problems this year have been physical, and now that they are getting well resolved, I am willing to try some mental challenges....lol....I am not seeking it out either, just responding to a perceived and announced need....so not power hungry by any means...

Even when (notice I said when, not if) I get accepted to this new implant test study, I do not see it interfering in any way either....but if it did, I would withdraw at that time since I agree with your sentiment....near death experiences can do that... ...I am now much more aware of and involved with healthy living...no matter how big a geek that makes me....
          Jeff, I suggest you purchase ONLY organic medicinals...
          Let's rack em up...

Comment

Originally posted by RollYourRock View Post

Jeff, I suggest you purchase ONLY organic medicinals...
            Lol....thanks....much healthier indeed.....

Comment

Hi all,

Thanks for sharing your concerns. These are all very legitimate questions and we appreciate you all kindly seeking more information. Most of you are absolutely right - Tetsu and I were a hundred percent background checked before joining the Miniclip Forums as staff. I know for a fact if they wanted to knock on my front door, they could absolutely do that as they have my address, and they even hold a copy of my ID and drivers license. Probably more quite honestly. Needless to say, they took those measures very seriously, and we need to do the same here. Tetsu and I are reviewing this, as we want to ensure the forums are a fun, safe, and enjoyable place for all by ensuring there is no risk to your information, but that the forums can also be moderated effectively.

Thanks again - will share an update shortly.
              DALTON // 2006
              Need Help? Send me a Private Message!

Comment

Originally posted by Dalton View Post
                Hi all,

Thanks for sharing your concerns. These are all very legitimate questions and we appreciate you all kindly seeking more information. Most of you are absolutely right - Tetsu and I were a hundred percent background checked before joining the Miniclip Forums as staff. I know for a fact if they wanted to knock on my front door, they could absolutely do that as they have my address, and they even hold a copy of my ID and drivers license. Probably more quite honestly. Needless to say, they took those measures very seriously, and we need to do the same here. Tetsu and I are reviewing this, as we want to ensure the forums are a fun, safe, and enjoyable place for all by ensuring there is no risk to your information, but that the forums can also be moderated effectively.

Thanks again - will share an update shortly.
                Thank you Dalton .

Comment

Originally posted by Nanny Ogg View Post

Hey hun, I think you may be confusing this forum with the original official Miniclip Forum which WAS hacked.

As far as I know, this one was created in response to the hacking and subsequent closure of that other forum and I don't
                  believe anyone can ever give a 100% cast iron guarantee that they will never be hacked, but Colin stated in another
                  thread that this forum already has a lot of protection in place.

Of course, all the protection in the world will be useless if the hack comes from within the staff, so I do hope that
                  whoever is eventually chosen is very thoroughly vetted before being let loose upon us LOL

I should point out that for all my very many faults, one thing I am is completely honest and straightforward,
                  so with reference to previous comments I am perfectly happy to state that I am the sort of person who
                  does indeed bear grudges for all eternity.
                  Due to my age I might even forget why I am angry with someone so I can't say I don't forgive and forget
                  but I definitely never forgive.
                  So it's safe to say that I would never, in a million years, make a good mod. Never, ever.
                  I stand by my belief that anyone with "issues" with other members, whether current or historic, should not be considered
                  as moderator material. I don't have a very optimistic opinion of "human nature".
                  A very good and honest comment.

Comment

Originally posted by amazed 10116 View Post

A very good and honest comment.
                    Thank you !

Comment

Tetsumonchi I feel like this could finally be my moment. I can juggle and have matured significantly over the last 10 years.

Comment

Originally posted by Poetic View Post
                        Tetsumonchi I feel like this could finally be my moment. I can juggle and have matured significantly over the last 10 years.
                        I remember you passing the torch back then... do you think the flame still burns?

Comment

Aurora I think drawing that tired old panda may have been all the gas I had left to give Naw but realtalk I stumbled upon this place yesterday and was just amazed the forums had been reincarnated. I spent a lot of really nice time here (or there, or wherever). Became a better artist and writer, made some really cool friends, and never actually improved at Robot Rage in the slightest. It's definitely a trip to see some of the old names (though I might be wrong, but did you have a different name way back when?--if not apologies, my memory is really hazy in general, especially going back that far) But wow, I must have been 13 or 14 when I joined. I'm 24 now. Life comes at you fast. Definitely missed all you guys a bunch. Hope I get to reconnect with a few people, I'll poke around a bit in the next few days when I get a chance. It really takes me back to a special time in the Internet, pre-facebook and all that. Good times drawing low-brow penguin art, writing waaay too much emo poetry, and bothering Tetsu/assorted mods in Bribble. Then...xat? Was xat a thing? I remember it being a thing. Then...I must have gone to college or something. Damn. But anyway that's prolly enough of my rambling. This was a super special place for me. <3 Poe

Comment

Yes, I had another name when I started, never mind that now, lol. I remember some funny posts by you, that's about it. I was an old person from other parts than RR... and even older now.

They need someone to kick me out of here for good... none of them succeeded efficiently, yet... that would be your first task as a mod!

Comment

A sticky topic eh! What's the reward, exactly? Dead or alive?

Comment

Interesting...

Comment

Any updates for us?

Comment

I have cancelled this application for the position of moderator.

While I feel we could definitely use some extra hands around here to help out, we take your comments on privacy very seriously and are considering our options.

We believe we can give potential mods enough powers (deleting, locking, sticking, moving, warning, banning) do to the job expected of a forum moderator while at the same time restricting access to the Moderator Control Panel and preventing them from viewing any personal information connected with your accounts, namely IPs and email addresses.

This is not the standard way of setting up a moderator group on vBulletin and we will need to make a few tweaks, but I'm confident we can make this work and establish a team that can effectively carry out their duties, while at the same time ensuring your account details are kept 100% private.

I will consult with you as soon as tests are concluded and we know exactly what we're able to do. Applications vs invitations can be decided later on. Watch this space.

For forum support, drop me a PM, visitor message or post in my NSPM thread..

You can add me on Facebook as well
                                    http://www.facebook.com/Tetsumonchi

Comment

Originally posted by Tetsumonchi View Post

While I feel we could definitely use some extra hands around here to help out, we take your comments on privacy very seriously and are considering our options.

We believe we can give potential mods enough powers (deleting, locking, sticking, moving, warning, banning) do to the job expected of a forum moderator while at the same time restricting access to the Moderator Control Panel and preventing them from viewing any personal information connected with your accounts, namely IPs and email addresses.

This is not the standard way of setting up a moderator group on vBulletin and we will need to make a few tweaks, but I'm confident we can make this work and establish a team that can effectively carry out their duties, while at the same time ensuring your account details are kept 100% private.

I will consult with you as soon as tests are concluded and we know exactly what we're able to do. Applications vs invitations can be decided later on. Watch this space.
                                      Thank you

Comment

Thanks for the info Colin...

I'm going to stick my nose in again, which should come as no surprise to all those that already know
                                        what an opinionated old baggage I am LOL

I probably don't need to say this, but I'm going to anyway... I hope when the time comes to make your decision that you would
                                        make your first choices from the small handful of people that have stuck by you,
                                        and with you, through all the years of struggling to keep this place afloat.

We all know who they are, and I think I am correct in saying that they are now mostly all Miniclip Masters anyway,
                                        which I believe was one of the criteria used in the past when selecting new moderators ?

Let's hope that their loyalty and perseverance through thick and thin finally pays off.

Comment

Originally posted by Tetsumonchi View Post

Restricting the access to IP's and emails is good way to go. At least it would eliminate any applicants who would be too interested in viewing these details.

IMO you should go with invitations since you already know what kind of moderator you want. You want someone already part of this community - not any random new member with huge knowledge of Miniclip gaming.

Comment

Working...
                                          X